Ankle mode

Please make one u wear on ankle then u would get all the steps. When u are in a store with carts such as grocery, target etc it won't record all the walking one is doing with a cart. I have to try and push with one hand!! They can have pretty but functionally ankle devices some can be practically for a guy and pretty like an ankle bracelet for a women!!! Please develop this!! Soon!!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

494 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cassquint, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see an ankle mode on Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

jjasper0729
First Steps
I was hoping that fitbit could make a tracker that collects all the same amount of data as the current trackers, but doesn't need to have all the face information because it is worn around the ankle. This would have a stronger strap and a more sturdy connection to the body so that it can take the abuse.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jjasper0729thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of wearing a Fitbit tracker on your ankle. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned; you can also vote for this idea. This helps to keep the forums more organized and for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time.  

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

StacyMurray29
Jogger
It would be awesome if there was a connecting ankle bracelet or way to put the tracker phone in your shoe. I find that if I’m pushing the baby stroller or a cart, my steps aren’t being counted most of the time.
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@StacyMurray29  Amazon has third-party band extenders for that exactly.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @StacyMurray29, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a Fitbit device that you can wear on your ankle to track your stats with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Girthbrooks
First Steps
Create a "sattelite" band that goes around the ankle, this would record the actual steps that you take, with your legs, and report this information to the Fitbit on your wrist, actual real steps, not the current 'steps' that you take with your wrist. imagine actual steps, this would also record actual stair steps as well.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Girthbrooks, thanks for sharing this suggestion about creating a Fitbit device that can be worn on your ankle to better track your steps and floors with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Pueblodoc
Jogger
I would love if the longer band could include enough holes to accommodate both wrists and ankles. There doesn’t seem to be much overlap between the short and long bands.
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@Pueblodoc  just a suggestion that does not necessarily negate yours.  Many people solve this issue by buying a third-party band extender from Amazon or elsewhere.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pueblodoc, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to use a longer band could include enough holes to accommodate both wrists and ankles. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

LauraBF
Jogger
I wear my Fitbit Sense on my ankle due to disability however the ECG function will not work as it was only designed for wrists. I've seen a lot of people wear devices on their ankle for various reasons so having full functionality would be really helpful.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LauraBF, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having full functionality when using your Sense in your ankle. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

Tbery
Jogger
A very simple pedometer with no display that securely attaches to the ankle or is clipped firmly into shoe laces to catch steps that would otherwise be missed. Like the flex2 but program takes step count from leg over wrist step count. Also corrects for accidental steps from folding laundry.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tberythanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of wearing a Fitbit device on your ankle. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. This helps to keep the forums more organized and for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time.  

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

LivvD
First Steps
I know this suggestion is made often, so hopefully it will be developed soon.
Having a Fitbit ankle accessory band.
Ankle mode on app for when wearing on ankle
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LivvD, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see an ankle mode on Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes.

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

-TMB-
First Steps
I like to wear a proper mechanical watch. I like to wear only a single wrist based item at a time. I want a tracker that is wearable somewhere else on the body. Clip mode is not a viable alternative in this instance as it does not allow for tracking heart rate data.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @-TMB-, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.