Ankle mode

Please make one u wear on ankle then u would get all the steps. When u are in a store with carts such as grocery, target etc it won't record all the walking one is doing with a cart. I have to try and push with one hand!! They can have pretty but functionally ankle devices some can be practically for a guy and pretty like an ankle bracelet for a women!!! Please develop this!! Soon!!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

494 Comments
Calyxbird
First Steps

An ankle band would have my vote, too!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Hi all , I was wondering if it would be possible to have a flex ankle band instead of wrist it would be loads easier as I'm always catching mo e on my wrist , what does everyone think ?
Brian920V
Jogger

Why not make an ankle bracelet for the Fitbit Flex removable tracker? I would probably wear it all the time if it wasn't on my wrist. It seems like it would be a fairly easy,inexpensive and useful addition to have a larger bracelet for the ankle and an option for ankle in the settings like you have left and right wrists.

Brian920V
Jogger

Why not make an ankle bracelet for the Fitbit Flex removable tracker? I would probably wear it all the time if it wasn't on my wrist. It seems like it would be a fairly easy, inexpensive and useful addition to have a larger bracelet for the ankle and an option for ankle in the settings like you have left and right wrists.

(reposted with new labels, and subject line)

kdiana
First Steps

please make a fitbit product or accessory for the ankle-I currently own the Fitbit One and would like to wear it around my ankle.  Please take this into consideration as I do see many users asking for the same. regards.

Caliguy
First Steps
If you made an ankle band for the flex I can wear my Fitbit and still wear my watch without having the Fitbit on one side and the watch on the other. Tucked away on my ankle will keep a very professional look in the work place.
Dyann18
First Steps
Any solutions yet to this. Also when I swim I get no credit on ankle waterproof would be the best and your company is the BEST!! Regards

Sent from my iPad
tuttasusanna
First Steps
Yes! I NEED a Charge HR tracker for the ankle! 
heymary
First Steps

YES> please make one for your ankle! This only makes sense. It's a guaranteed seller.

DebGilles53
Jogger
Through trial and error I have discovered the best way to get an accurate step count from my fit but charge is to wear it on my ankle. I have accomplished this by clipping two fitbits together. Less than ideal. I suggest designing a unit to be worn on the ankle. It obviously would not need the watch feature. It should also be attractive in design for the ladies. Thank you for considering it.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I love this idea @Dyann18! For the looks of the amount of votes, I see that this would make a lot of users very happy. I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum. Thanks!

SarahNF
First Steps

MelissaFitbit,

I think an adjustable band would be good too for people have different sizes.

I've seen some pretty anklet ideas on Etsy, but I don't trust the stability of these ones, eg if it falls off.

-Sarah

(I looked at jobs with fitbit, but you don't have any Australian offices yet?)

Dyann18
First Steps
They really need to make an ankle bracelet Fitbit!! It would be so easy with Tory bracelet make an ankle one now!! What about swimming I should get credit for laps!!
nbobbert
Jogger
I would love an ankle one.😊 I clip my fitbit to my sneaker or put it around my ankle now. However, it doesn't fit very well. Please, pleas, please. 😊😉
dawnjoy10
First Steps

I love the flex - I have one suggestion. You offer different band types. When I run errands and go shopping I wish I could pop my little fit computer into a band that either attaches to my shoe or my ankle. I miss alot of steps because I can't always swing my arm. I am in a fitness group and the one lady can't wear the bracelet at work - she wishes the same thing as me. Hey it could increase the revenue stream if you sold each holder for like $30 bucks I would buy one of each.

Just a thought.

emcm
First Steps

I have been wearing my fitbit on my dominant arm for about a year now. I have noticed that while I am walking with my arms swinging back and forth as I walk, the fitbit records my steps. However, when I am walking at the grocery store, it does not record all my steps, because my hands are on the shopping cart and are therefore not swinging by my side. I tested this inaccuracy by standing still and just swinging my arms by my side. In this example, the fitbit records "steps" according to my arm movement but my feet are not moving. To improve the accuracy of the fitbit with all my activity, I have transfered my fitbit to my ankle,( since I use my legs and feet to make a step). Because the fitbit device, is too small for my ankle, I have treaded a ribbon through the notches of the band and tied it to my ankle. This has improved the accuracy of all my steps.
My question to Fitbit is :Has anyone considered making the fitbit big enough to wear on an ankle as I have? Feedback would be appreciated to my email address.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Angie65806
First Steps

FitBit.......   We want an ankle FitBit option. We are multi-tasking (walking with our kids in strollers, walking to work holding our water, walking home carrying our groceries) and the wrist-only option is frustrating us. And the reason we bought FitBit is because wearing a device is much more appealing than hooking one to our waistband or in our pocket. There is less stress about losing it when it is attached to our body somehow.

PS:  I will be a testing-guinea-pig for you! 

Huntress
Jogger
Totally! Then it doesn't have to be afashion statement either.
E2ikiel
Recovery Runner
Stuff wearing it there!! But i agree with steps mine is excessive it counts as I drive!
ricorinne
Jogger
So if it only records arm movements, then it cannot record bike riding either. If it were to fit on the ankle would it track biking? or not b/c the foot is stationary??
bdunlapnv
Jogger

I wear mine on my ankle or sandal strap. I have a Charge and prefer to wear it there because it counts my steps more accurately seeing as how I use a cane and have an awkward walking gait compared to "normal" and also becauswe when carrying items or shopping with a shopping cart my arms arent swinging to count the steps. Plus I find myself not swinging my arms sometimes when I'm walking. I'm still in physical therapy. 😛

I voted this up.

I take medical tape (Hypafix tape) and attach it around my ankle if I am wearing looser pants (around the ankle) so that the fitbit is hidden, otherwise when I'm wearing leggings or shorts/capris I attach it to my sandal strap. It looks funky but it's still on my foot/ankle area and counts steps properly.

ricorinne, on the ankle it does count "steps" for bicycling but if it's on your arm, no it doesn't.

Dave_S
Jogger

I have the Flex. I just put it in my pocket. Counts steps, and dont have to worry about losing it.  : )

Also, if you want to count pedal strokes, again, put it in your pocket. I too am a cyclists, and I have to be careful not to have it in my pocket when riding.

Dave

emcm
First Steps
Thx. Good suggestion. Sounds like something I'd rather do than on my ankle (not very attractive when I wear a dress.

Sent from my iPhone
DejavuPoison
Recovery Runner

This is a great idea. When I go shopping, I move my Flex to my pocket. Not only does it not count steps when pushing a cart, but the vibration of the cart causes it to go in and out of sleep/activity mode constantly, which is annoying.

I'm not an arm swinger and I often carry items during daily task walking, such as a purse, laptop bag, or groceries. I wonder if I do lose steps because of this, but by my testing it seems to pick up a step even with very little swing motion.

I would love to be able to order an ankle strap in addition to my wrist strap so I have the option of wearing it either place.

emcm
First Steps
thx for your response. I will definitely try your pocket method. I did receive a lengthy response from fitbit giving me directions to track my shopping activity by switching to logging into "Log Activities" in the dashboard, but I can't seem to do it. I will have
to call them to walk me through it.. (quite honestly, your solution would be much easier.) Happy Steps!!
Sent from my iPad
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.