Aria - Support Unicode WiFi SSID

For the Aria Scales please add support for unicode characters in SSID names. More specifically, I cannot connect my Aria to any wifi with an emoji in it.

The current network requirements:

• 802.11b frequency setting.
  • WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security.
  • Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration are not supported).

Your SSID and password should only contain alphanumeric characters (e.g. A-Z, 0-9).

Thanks

7 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Smiley Wink

micheleh98
Recovery Runner

+1 to this. I do not understand why the Aria cannot support special characters. All the internet security experts recommend difficult passwords with special characters, yet this "beautiful piecce of modern technology" cannot support special chararcters like + $ or -.

I am very disappointed. 

TechFan7
Base Runner

This is a BUG.  The wifi implementation is not complete without support for more than pure alpha characters.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Matteh thank you for your suggestion, which has been incorporated into our newest smart scale. A quicker set up and updated Wi-Fi technology on the newly released Aria 2 should address this issue. Aria 2 a reengineered Wi-Fi Smart Scale that offers the latest technology to capture your data with greater precision than ever before. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

oxo42
First Steps

I think the correct status of this is wontfix.  Implemented makes me think a software update will fix the issue, but I need to buy new hardware to fix this.  *sad emoji*

Matteh
First Steps

@oxo42 Agreed

TechFan7
Base Runner

Agreed.  If I am going to change my hardware, I'll pick something other than Aria.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.