0 Votes

Aria needs to connect to 801.11n wireless networks

It never crossed my mind when I purchased my Aria scale, that it would not be compatible with my wireless network.  I tried to setup my scale 5-10 times, before reading the forum and the technical specifications stating that Aria is only compatible with 802.11b wireless networks.  The network I currently have at home is 802.11n, which is newer and MUCH faster technology than 802.11b.  The forum suggests that you can call your internet provider to have your technology changed to 802.11b to work with the scale, but that would reduce my internet speed from 300/450 Mbps down to 11 Mbps.  There is no way I would compromise the rest of my internet speed, just to be able to own this scale.  I am an avid supporter of fitbit and love that it is making tracking your health and wellness so much easier.  However, this scale is useless based on it's current wireless technology.  I will be returning my scale ASAP.  

1 Comment
Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @bo_bina, we wanted to let you know that as of today, we've released the Aria 2 - a reengineered Wi-Fi Smart Scale that offers the latest technology to capture your data with greater precision than ever before. Aria 2 is compatible with 802.11 b/g/n so you can set up Aria 2 in minutes with just your smartphone. Thank you for your suggestion, which has now been incorporated into our newest offering.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.