0 Votes

Aria scale that doesn't brick itself

My Aria scale one day just started displaying 'ERR' instead of my weight. This happened after associating it to a new wifi network. I reassociated it successfully with my account about 10 times, and it never started working again. Getting it replaced was a pain. I was very very surprised to see no mechanism for factory resetting a device like this, contrary to almost every other device like this. I'm certain it was a software issue. It's very uninspiring to see products that can brick themselves through correct normal course of action and then have to deal with getting special one-time exceptions in order to have a defectively designed product replaced. Please try to make these devices more resilient.

1 Comment
Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @retfordb - we're sorry you had this experience. We wanted to let you know that we've released the Aria 2 today which has updated wifi technology and easier set up. As we introduce new offerings, we take into consideration common complaints and issues with their predecessors, and work to make sure new products align with our mission of constantly improving our products and services. Thank you for your feedback which has been implemented into our next generation of smart scale.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.