Aria scales to be added to family account so kids can use

With the new Family Account it would be great if kids could now also be added to the Aria scales to get their weight automatically updated.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

65 Comments
HHamilton
First Steps

Agreed, please add.  Kids got Ace2 for Christmas and want to be able to track weight/activity.  Seems strange that They can't be listed on the scale. They use the scale all the time. would be nice to allow tracking.

Albytheman
First Steps

I agree with the other parents comment, please fix ASAP so kids under 13 in a family account can utilise these features

Kmax99
First Steps

I was surprised and disappointed that I couldn't set up the scale for my entire family. Please add the ability for my children to use this scale. Thanks!

Anex
Recovery Runner

Want this added as well. Kids are WAY TOO limited. My daughter doesn't even want to use her device because it is "lame". She just started her period and can't even use the women's health tracking that the regular Fitbit has. I'm so glad I spent money on this device that can do almost nothing. /Sarcasm 🙄

Milomor
First Steps

Please to implement this idea ASAP - We need it due to childs health

msubrett
First Steps

This should be a really simple addition to the Fitbit app. We already weigh all four of our kids on the Aria scale. Now we have a bunch of "guest" weigh-ins that can't be organized. It would be great to track their weight within their profile along with their stats from the Ace 2 fitness trackers.

Please make it happen SOON!!!

Boilerbir
First Steps

Agree with all the others! Kids are already using scale and it would aid in having information for doctor appointments and overall tracking of growth patterns 

foursixquebec
First Steps

I love this suggestion and I agree, it would be a great feature to be able to add accounts for kids w/o an email address needed.  I keep track of my kids’ weights because (among other things) every pediatric medication (Tylenol, Robitussin, etc) is dosed by weight.  I’m looking for a way I can just weigh them weekly and have a record in my phone w/o another app.  It’s helpful when someone is babysitting them & they need medicine.  (Yes, I have a paper note but can’t always find it, and I tried keeping a note in my phone but it didn’t go well.) This would simplify it and help make it a habit.

To be effective for me, I need to be able to SEE the kids’ weights in my aria history, not just “guest,” because they’re close enough in weight that I can’t always tell who is who.  And ideally, to be able to filter weights by person to see their weight patterns.  Maybe a privacy setting for each user to select if they want their data shared or not?

OR at the very least, maybe make the “guest” field editable in the app entry so that I can manually replace “guest” with their name and track it that way.

I also have to track my cats’ weights per the vet, so being able to do it without them having an email address and an account would be ideal 🙂

thanks 🙂

RedEyedBleep
First Steps

I agree to this as well.  Please add this feature on the next update.

ssamera2
First Steps

I would like this feature added. I don't want to purchase another scale to keep track of my children's weights.

RDMiller
First Steps

Please add this feature.

Jamoi
Jogger

Same as previous commenters, I'm surprised this isn't already a feature. I was surprised that children within the family account are not automatically added to the Aria users, and when I "invited" my children's user accounts to the Aria, there was no way to "accept" the invite. Please can we have this feature ASAP please. Thanks, J

totalgruv
First Steps

Two years of continous requests to implement a simple feature and Fitbit doesn't care...

Does fitbit not realise it's ignoring its most loyal customers?  Perhaps it's time to look elsewhere, especially now with all the available choices. I really don't see the point in paying the extra $$  for the fitbit name anymore.

The GreaterGoods scale does everything Aria does and then some, at a lower price and can be synced with your fitbit account...

riveraje16
Jogger

Another user who would like to get this feature. I thought doing the family account would be better but thinking I should have gotten the inspire for the same price.. 

Emjbh
First Steps

Agree, have just purchased scales.. Set up family, invited children to be scale users and discovered it does not work. Please implement this feature. 

Ashwiz2k
First Steps

I agree to this recommendation and would like to see this feature implemented ASAP... Got an Aria Air scale thinking it will allow all family members to sync their weights in but doesn't work for my kid even though am invite was sent... Can't figure out where the invite went as I was the guardian

LauraMacA
First Steps

I agree that this recommendation should have been taken a while, especially with family accounts.  It is a absurd restriction.  It is our scale, we should be able to at least register our guests. Shoot, I use the scale to track one of my cats weights, its my scale, but I shouldnt have to create a fake email etc and register them to track a simple weight.  Make our lives easier not harder.

ADH-1
First Steps

Agree with all the other parents here. We all already use it to weigh our children and look at the data. Please make it easier for us to keep track of the data in one place. This obvious feature has been 'under consideration' for way to long.

Kobussteenkamp
First Steps

Hi We are parents of a cancer child and need ti monitor weight as treatment goes on .Its BS that the scale history wont show !!!

rbsqt
First Steps

Sounds like the solution is to just lie about the childs age.  Adding ten years should do it.

Jamoi
Jogger

@rbsqt That's missing the point. A child account means you can, as a parent, monitor the activity, approve/deny friend requests etc. You lose all that oversight if you simply open an "adult" account with a fake/false age, and have them use that. You could potentially use that fake-age account just for the Aria, and leave the child account for their Ace watch I guess, but it's a real hack for what should be so simple. More than anything, allowing child accounts on the Aria actually builds brand awareness, loyalty etc, it seems strange for Fitbit to take this approach.

rbsqt
First Steps

I wholeheartedly agree but Fitbit hasnt fixed this for years now and I’m tired of waiting.  Just gonna create and account for the scale and not give the login to my kid.  He can see the integration with Apple Health and all that but doesn’t need to logon to Fitbit.

foursixquebec
First Steps

I hope you’re able to figure out an effective way to do it. I tried to do it a year or so ago, but even after I created accounts for each kid, invited them, accepted the invites from the app, etc - I still had to log out of my own account and into each kid’s account any time i wanted to see their weights.  Because each user who is registered on the scale has private access to their own weights.  It’s a huuuuuuge hassle 😣. Maybe there’s a better way to do it by now, but I’m guessing not since Fitbit seems to care not at all about this issue.  So annoying.  Best of luck!

foursixquebec
First Steps

So I’ve found that I’m better off deleting their accounts and having them show up as “guest” on the scale, because at least those readings are public so they’re visible to me when logged in as myself.  The most annoying part is that my 2 kids (6 & 😎 are not vastly different in weight, so if I weigh both around the same time I’m not always sure whose was whose.  So now I keep a note in my phone’s note app and just update it each time I weigh them.  It’s not terrible, just annoying since it would be so easily fixed if Fitbit was so inclined.

foursixquebec
First Steps

6 and 8 , not 6 & 😎

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.