Aria scales to be added to family account so kids can use

With the new Family Account it would be great if kids could now also be added to the Aria scales to get their weight automatically updated.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

65 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I agree, with the children's account the 13 year she limit has been removed, and since the weight is already stored for the child, there should not be a problem, other than the main Aria account holder having access to the childs weight .

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Julia_G. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

jlpayne
Runner

I would like to see this implemented as well. 

jproudfo1
First Steps

I would also like to be able to add the children on my Family Account to my Aria scale.  We are basically a Fitbit family and it's odd that only some of the devices work within the Family Account.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Currently because the scale sends an electrical signal through the user, the scale is not reccomended to be used by children. 

CDauph25
First Steps

I'm a little frustrated right now, because my son's weight has been recording on Aria as "Guest", so I bought him a Kids Ace Fitbit and created the appropriate account or him. Then I "invited" him to join just like when my wife bought her fitbit, but it doesn't show up on his account anywhere to "accept invite"

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

That is true @CDauph25 and the reason for this suggestion. 

Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

There is absolutely no evidence that bio impedance scales (such as Aria and Aria 2) are unsafe in any way for children.  In fact, medical researchers regularly use these scales to analyse the problems/ incidence of obesity in children.

idic
Recovery Runner

I agree. I'd love to add my kids to my aria. 

Lisa_C
Jogger

I need to monitor my son's weight in between doctor appointments. Using the Aria seemed the logical way to do it so all his physical activity and sleep are in one spot. 

Bobbio85
First Steps

Please add feature 

Whit_Smoore
First Steps

So, looking at the function for adding people to my Aria and I have the option to send the invite to my Son who in on my family account but it doesn't go to my e-mail like friend requests do. Is this what everyone means by they cant add their kids to the scale?

Rusty63551
First Steps

I agree 100%. Is there a date when this will be implemented yet? 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Julia_G and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience :). To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

_willians
First Steps

I'd like to have that too! Kids like to see how they are improving too.

vonkobalus
First Steps

I'm also joining this request. Basically, the most frustrating/dumb thing about the current situation is that one is able to invite child to use the Aria scale, however the invite is actually never sent to to kid. Technically, this looks like a bug to the user (it looked like a bug to me, too), because the invite to the kid stays as pending forever, since it's impossible to accept the invitation by the kid. So please move forward and implement this as soon as possible.

melissag728
First Steps

hey guys! I would love to be able to track my little ones weight. I can see her as a guest but would love to be able to track her with a graph like myself!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @melissag728Thanks for explaining why you would like to have an option to track your child's weight using your Aria scale with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can check this other suggestion here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Boxplanet
First Steps

This is a great idea and I fail to see the downsides of it. From a commercial perspective, I can't see the downside and active families already on the Fitbit brand would like to monitor statistics of their kids. Why wouldn't you want to monitor the development of your child? The frustrating thing about this process is it seems to be hyper secretive with no clear reason ever given why this isn't possible. Instead of saying, great idea, they say its' under consideration.

If it's not deemed viable it will go back to not currently planned. Quick note on how to keep a team happy. Keep them informed and be accurate. Although I'm not an impedance scale engineer, I'm a fairly smart person.

TangoFox
Jogger

I would also like to see this feature.  To add to what others have said, if you decide a full profile integration for kids is unworkable, even some ability to label "GUEST" entries and track through the parent's dashboard would be helpful.  I'm surprised that 7 years since the release of the Aria scale this is still an issue.  Don't you have families asking for this?

Also, as a general comment, I've seen other areas where fitbit has applied a very strict approach to limiting usage of their products.  For example, as I was trying to set up our family account, it wouldn't let me add my wife because she hadn't made her age public.  Why not trust your users to make the judgment call about how they use your product?

Garfydude
First Steps

Hurry up Fitbit and implement this please.

Can't see why you didn't

from the start

imbbtg
First Steps

I hope it happens before my son turns to 13. 

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Another company which I won't mention by name makes bioimpedance scales that are FDA approved for use in children as young as 5.  Fitbit is behind the times by not allowing children to use an Aria/Aria 2/Aria Air.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Seeing that the Aria Air doesn't put any current through the user, there is nothing to worry about with children. 

Michieb
First Steps

Yes please implement this suggestion ASAP.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.