Barcode feature settings suggestion. Mirror.

A mirror option in barcode settings would allow my laptops cam to read barcodes correctly. Right now, it does not read the barcodes (probably because the barcodes are viewed backwards in the video recorded by the camera). A "mirror" setting would improve the app and probably allow my camera to read barcodes.

4 Comments
Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Diamonderic is this for the third party barcode app in the Fitbit App Gallery? If so, good idea (!) and we suggest that you give this feedback directly to the third party developer. To do that, open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll down and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’ where you can pass on this suggestion or feedback. Thanks!

Diamonderic
Jogger

Hi LizFitBit. I'm not sure if it's a third-party app. Does the Fitbit app, downloaded from Microsoft Store come default with third party apps installed in it?

EmTe
Tempo Runner

If your laptop cam can read barcodes on regularly products like a Coke can, then it should work with the barcode app too. If you need the barcode to be mirrored for it to work, then it won't work with regular products whose barcodes are not mirrored.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Most bar code readers can read backwards with no problem

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.