Being able to sync Cubii steps to Fitbit challenges

I think the Cubii steps that are added to fitbit upon syncing should also count toward challenges with friends!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

6 Comments
Evaun
Recovery Runner

I agree. 

I am stuck at a desk all day, and would like the churning on my Cubii to have some impact.  It's not like one revolution = one step, not even close.

Even if Fitbit chooses to allow a fraction of the Cubii 'steps' to count, it would be 'step' in the right direction  *wink*

CopywriterBob
Recovery Runner

An Ankle Holder for a FitBit ONE is the solution for having your Cubii activity count towards a Fitbit Challenge..  The trick to getting your Cubii activity to count to FitBit Challenges is a matter of hardware, not software. 

The FitBit Software mandates that ONLY activity from a FitBit device counts towards the Challenges. I confirmed this in a instant message online conversation with Fitbit Support. This makes sense since otherwise competitors would simply enter their steps manually and potentially lie to win the competition. Unfortunately, the Cubii connection to FitBit is more or less a matter of the Cubii manually entering this activity. 

The way around this software roadblock to your Cubii activity counting in a FitBit Challenge is to get an Ankle Holder for a FitBit ONE. The Step Counter company makes one that they sell on Amazon. Thus, the Cubii activity is recorded by an FitBit device, the Fitbit ONE, and counts towards the FitBit Challenge. 

nightdarkangel
Base Runner

Bob I don't think this is a good solution as it would double count. I think there should be a solution that fitbit/cubii could do to make it not count as a manual entry. If I could see the code even I could probably figure out the solution.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. 

I totally agree. At the beginning of the pandemic my mother and I bought ourselves a Fitbit to motivate us to stay active. We find the challenges very stimulating. Recently I bought myself a Cubii and I am delighted that Fitbit and Cubii sync. But it is a shame that my Cubii-strides don’t count in challenges. I have read that the reason for this is that Cubii-strides are considered manually entered and that manually entered steps don’t count due to the risk of cheating. But since the Cubii and Fitbit sync automatically cheating is impossible. @nightdarkangel suggested that he could figure out the solution. Please do consider this. I think this would please a lot of users.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to sync your Cubii steps with Fitbit challenges with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.