Blaze Notifications for Facebook messenger

I think there should be a update too the app for the blaze too revive Facebook messages just as text messages as facebook is a big part of our daily lives

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

13 Comments
frodi
First Steps

Hi there.

Just got the new Fitbit Blaze. I really love it. Has a nice design and more hands-on than the Charge HR that i had before.

I think it you sell eaven more if you added the option for facebook notifications on the Blaze 🙂

Werable
Recovery Runner
This is now possible! If you choose Facebook messenger as you're standard SMS application, Surge will also show messages received on Facebook messenger.
James_Rochford
Recovery Runner
I feel that FB and/or FB Messenger notifications on the Blaze, for use with android, would be a massive plus for this device.
So many people use FB Messenger perhaps just as much as they do text messages and I feel that this is the single biggest downside to the Blaze and is much needed. Please update.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Try this application. I'm a Fitbit Surge owner and I've been using this application for the last month. Now it feels like I have my Pebble Classic smartwatch back (I was in love with that thing until the Pebble Time OS upgrade that bricked it.) It will walk you through the set up process and you can choose which applications you want to recieve notifications from. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abhijitvalluri.android.fitnotifications

Werable
Recovery Runner

This looks like a great app! I've just instaled it and it works perfectly. Kalender, Google keep, Facebook, snapchat, instagram - now I get notificatons of everything! Hope it dosn't drain the battery too much.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Actually, I haven't had an issue with it being a battery drain. I have quite a few apps that I get messages from. The one thing I can appriciate about the app is that I get notifications from my S-Health app (I have a Samsung Note 5) when I've been inactive for too long. So every 30 minutes, I get a buzz telling to get up and move

Carterdj2009
First Steps
Most people use Facebook messenger as their primary means of communication. It would be great for this feature to be integrated into atleast the surge and blaze.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fab 🙂

Status changed to: Released
AndrewFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

With Blaze's latest firmware update, you can receive notifications from other apps, which includes Facebook messenger! If you already receive notifications from Facebook messenger to your mobile device, then you can enable them in your Blaze's notifications settings in the Fitbit app. Be sure to visit our Extended Notification thread for more information.

Rousspain
First Steps

Fb messenger is one of the main apps people use to communicate, so it would be necessary to have the notifications on Fitbit charge 2

Maexchen
Base Runner

I second Rousspain, can this be implemented for the Charge 2, please?

kharris17
First Steps

I would love to get facebook notfications or facebook messages to my fitbit blaze. It gave me the option to allow the fitbit to sync with my facebook and notify me when setting it up but apparently thats so it can post for me, not to get notifications. This would be an awesome addition to the Blaze. 

Status changed to: Released
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

With Blaze's latest firmware update, you can receive notifications from other apps, which includes Facebook messenger! If you already receive notifications from Facebook messenger to your mobile device, then you can enable them in your Blaze's notifications settings in the Fitbit app. Be sure to visit our Extended Notification thread for more information.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.