Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
Philkorea
Recovery Runner
Hello

I have blood pressure but I wonder why fitbit doesn't have it on the app so we can enter data even manually. I like to have all the follow up on one app and not spread

Nokia health has all in the app

Sent from my iPhone

I agree. It would be very valuable to record Blood sugar and blood pressure. It's good to have the records of exercise, water, food etc to show the doctor or nutritionist.

jsmith95
Stepping Up

Yes, this has been an issue commented on for a long time, but I don't think anyone at fitbit is listening or if they are caring about the diabetic community.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

See here @Philkorea and here

JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@JimBiker73  I'm curious what app claims top measure blood pressure via a phone's flash.

Lon5280
First Steps

I am waiting to buy my first wearable health monitor until Blood Pressure measurement is incorporated. Pleeae add this capability soon!

Ammars27
Recovery Runner
😳

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks

Mr Hasanie
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

BP is another aspect of health status. You can have a normal heart rate range and yet have a high/low BP. Would be good to include in the Dash and make available for all models.

CheeKiat
First Steps

There are already some smartbands out there supporting blood pressure monitor.  When will FitBit support it ??  FitBit seems lagging behind.

pleighton
Recovery Runner

I have a Charge HR that I wear on my left wrist and another band that measures BP on my right. I would have upgraded to the Ionic if it included BP because I need to monitor my BP throughout the day & it would be great to have it all in one band instead of two. If that was included on the next Fitbit, I'd upgrade in a New York minute!

Jaqadams22
First Steps

For one, it would be very cool to have a blood pressure monitor (challenging I know). I would also like to see my heart rate in the “sleep” section. For explame, time line graph or lowest/max heart rate, or what average HR in each sleep stage. 

Dawnieheather78
Recovery Runner

Blood Pressure Monitoring and Even Temperate Monitoring if Both Added would be Amazing! Fitbit would be the one stop shop for Heart Rate, Temp and Blood Pressure and Sleep so you are fully Health Monitored Daily. Would be awesome! So Useful.

Jamiergonzales
First Steps

Heard about FitBit creating a watch that would monitor glucose levels constantly. I saw your comments and agree totally. It would be a huge accomplishment in this area, and would help so many people who currently have diabetes. I take my blood sugar 6 to 8 times a day so this would be so much easier and less finger pokes. I would love to be one of the people to do the trial tests on this. Being diabetic my entire life this would be such a wonderful blessing.

@tbarry27 wrote:

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and labels.

JasperB
First Steps
Completely agree! Waiting patiently for that product/ item. Would love to be a tester as well!!

Sent from my iPhone
Sim1179
First Steps

Hi, can you please add a blood glucose/sugar tracker to Fitbit, this would enable me to input my daily blood sugar readings allowing me to track results against exercise and diet. This would be a huge benefit to all diabetics and help them improve their fitness and wellbeing.

pleighton
Recovery Runner

I have problem with high BP but it is controlled with meds. I need to check my BP several times/day. Since my Fitbit Charge HR does not measure BP, I have to use another band to do that. Rather than wearing 2 bands, I would like to ability to check BP in the next upgrade so that i only have to wear one device for everything. 

Philkorea
Recovery Runner

Hello,

this topic has been discussed so many times, unfortunately it seems fitbit doesn't care as they never mentioned it in any of their posts.   

At least, they should create the possibility to enter data manually in the dashboard for a better follow up, but even that seems too difficult.

I think Fitbit suffer from the typical arrogance of a market leader until a competitor comes up with a better product, until then do not expect too much from the Fitbit team

pleighton
Recovery Runner

Hi,

There are many bands now that measure BP. Lots to choose from and they are pretty cheap. Here's one that I like: https://smile.amazon.com/Activity-Pressure-Pedometer-Waterproof-Bluetooth/dp/B075LHYN4R/ref=sr_1_5?s...

Until, if ever, Fitbit adds BP, getting a second band for that important function really works.

Zbigtom
First Steps
And this one only a fraction of the cost of a Fitbit.
pleighton
Recovery Runner

I will not get a new Fitbit until they include BP as a standard measurement read in the band & included in the app. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Checking the denied threads on Blood Pressure, heart attack alerts, a button to call for medical help, along with a medical ID, Fitbits response has been "We are not in the medical field".

pleighton
Recovery Runner

Rich_Laue,

That's a lame excuse at best. They measure heart rate already, is that "medical?" Other bands include a BP measurement because it is in the best interests of users to have it and it has been requested. (There are even bands out there that measure blood O2 concentration.) They are not in the "medical field" either, but sports & medicine DO have quite a significant overlap. You don't have to be in the medical field to provide a tool like this. If they are afraid of lawsuits from people who might get an inaccurate reading, all they would have to do is add a disclaimer. They would win over many people all over the world who check their BP regularly.

Because I am on BP meds, I don't want to carry around something as clumsy as a cuff. I love the Fitbit but I wear a second band that just measures BP. This solution actually works for me (I have a Charge HR), but I won't buy a new Fitbit (Ionic) without the BP being included.

Thanks for your research. It tells me that they like to sit on their laurels and not go for excellence. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Dont attack the messanger, you can do your own search.

pleighton
Recovery Runner

No attack meant. I just thought their reason was lame.

Moderator edit: format

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.