Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Perhaps you could find this interesting, some time ago a partnership with Dexcom was announced. As well as a One Drop app on Fitbit Ionic.

Lakemerwin
Jogger
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
dionwr
Jogger

An ability to log blood sugar and A1C readings would be useful to me, and all of diabetics out here.

Andy321
First Steps

I would like Fitbit wearables to be able to monitor blood pressure continuously. There seem to be several such wearable devices that already do this but I am prepared to wait a short time to give Fitbit a chance to catch up before ditching my current Fitbit Alta hr & buying one of those. I have decided to raise this as a separate request because the other requests mentioning blood pressure have also mentioned other requests and the discussion around them has ended up concentrating on the other requests. Also, some of the other requests seem to been side tracked into discussing merely recording blood pressure statistics in the Fitbit app after they have been collected by a non-Fitbit device. I want a Fitbit device to record the blood pressure.

GLampe
Jogger
Precisely

Sent from my iPhone
pennyalbert
First Steps

Yes, either option would be great. I have the Withings blood pressure monitor. Also would be great if the Fitbit stats would talk to NHS Patient Access. 

OtherBrother
First Steps

Most of us diabetics would benefit from a tile on the dashboard that would allow us to manually enter our blood glucose readings. I like to use only one app and have everything together. If we could simply manually enter our readings and get a graph similar to the weight chart, that would be great. If the Fitbit app could link to Accu Check and other common blood glucose meters, that would be even better.

Jamiergonzales
First Steps
That would be fabulous, would make everything much simpler.

Sent from my iPad
rmunjuluri
Recovery Runner
Good if your research team provides these features.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
jsmith95
Stepping Up
I am sorry to say that the Fitbit team seems determined to put the tracking
responsibility for anything related to Blood Pressure or Diabetic tracking
on the shoulders of others and hesitate to include anything on their (our)
dashboards. I am really starting to think that my next iteration of tracker
will be other then Fitbit because of their lack of interest in our
community.

John B. Smith
jsmith95
Stepping Up

I have added this input multiple times but will do so once more.

I am sorry to say that the Fitbit team seems determined to put the tracking responsibility for anything related to Blood Pressure or Diabetic tracking on the shoulders of others and hesitate to include anything on their (our) dashboards. I am really starting to think that my next iteration of tracker will be other then Fitbit because of their lack of interest in our community.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

If your looking for the ability to simply log blood pressure and glucose I would add your vote to the request. 

Section to log bloodpressure (& Glucose) on Dashboard 

The request we are in is for a fitbit tracker to be able to read and log both Blood pressure and Glucose reading. 

calpama
First Steps

I had to return my Fitbit Charge 2 gift, since it does not monitor BP; blood pressure nor Oxygen levels.  These two features are a must.  A "Health" Fitbit that would monitor with such vitals as BP, oxygen levels, heart rate along with the other features would be fantastic!

Moderator Edition Labels. 

RevMoose
First Steps
My original request was just to be able to log both BP and Glucose. To read it, I realize would be much tougher, but just a place to log the numbers, like you can already do water, would be great!

Dan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @calpama. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Spike_Lancaster
First Steps

Seems to be a lot of confusion re this request which many others have made.
The current Fitbit app has everything I need to monitor my health and fitness, all in one place EXCEPT my blood pressure reading (systolic/diastolic/heart rate/ date & time checked). I have this data available on my Omron monitor (which i regularly re-calibrate to match that of my GP) and would be perfectly happy to enter the data manually, to appear on a table which i can view. A graph - (Week/Month/Year) would be an elegant addition. Please note, I do not need a BP monitor that will link to Fitbit.

I am currently using 3 apps - Fitbit, Sync Solver, Smart BP and Apple Health in order to have all this info in one place, which seems to me ridiculous.

Truefreedom
Base Runner

keep hearing of O2 sensor and this would be great to have. I vote 1 vote

Vicatron
First Steps
I don't think it's possible for furniture to monitor them but I do think you should be able to log them if you are monitoring them on other devices.

Friedemann_01
First Steps

It should be very nice (and easy) to build in a bloodsugar meter in a fitbit. The fitbit could work perfectly together with the Abbott freestyle libre sensor. This sensor device (like the Fitbit-watch) communicates with an NFC chip. If this were implemented, I don't had to take my sensorreader with me while training. Just keep my watch against the sensor and I have an indication of my bloodsugar. I think a few millions diabetics would be buying such a watch 😉

norrisnet
First Steps

Have you guys every thought of adding a log location on the app for you to enter blood pressure measurements? I take my blood pressure every day and it would be nice to have a place on the app for me to track my daily blood pressure. Not saying it has to be on the watch but in the app would be great!

Thanks

Lakemerwin
Jogger
Yes yes yes. Very helpful. I just love my Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
crumbs
First Steps

Will I be monetarily compensated for my original design idea. Thanks

Spike_Lancaster
First Steps

Seems like there's a clear division here between

(A) those who are happy to take their blood pressure with a dedicated machine, then transfer the stats to the Fitbit app manually for the purposes of keeping all data - exercise, sleep, diet, BP - in one convenient place.

(B) those who want BP (and sugar) monitoring hardware to interface to Ftbit to record and store data automatically (like the Aria scale).

(C) those who want every medical 'bell and whistle' ever invented to connect to and record on Fitbit. While, as something of a tech head, this approach does have a certain appeal, it strikes me that it would lead to a massive increase in the numbers of hypochondriacs!

B just means spending more money. So, count me in Category A, though I concede that the C route of self-.diagnosis could be the way forward. If nothing else it might reduce employment opportunity for some medical practitioners - the kind who smile and say  "Nothing more than I'd expect in a person of your age. Lose some weight and come back in six months"  before asking you about your holidays and giving you a bill for €€€.

rmunjuluri
Recovery Runner
While BP can be entered manually, glucose monitoring by just connecting from a Glucometer like Accuchek should be possible with much of cost increase of Fitbit device.

Lakemerwin
Jogger
I just noticed when I wake at night if my blood sugar is low my heart rate usually It lights up and I know if my heart rate is 50. My blood sugar usually is 50. I love it Was wondering if that was happening to anyone else ?

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.