Blood pressure Fitbit device with historical tracking

It would be great if Fitbit either created a blood pressure monitor and a glucose monitor that would sync with the dashboard or if they would team up with another company (Omron, diabetic community app) to have their product sync with the dashboard instead of having to manually enter it.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

880 Comments
Wildmel
First Steps

I truly feel this is a large down play for Fitbit as a whole. People with Pulmonary diseases, need a blood pressure reading not a heart rate. A heart rate is great for exercise and calorie burning, but people now days want Blood Pressure as this is a grown issue and life saving as well.

I don't know if you need to recreate the wheel. Maybe just take the now Versa and update the software and add in at that time BP reading. You will get more people to jump from Apple to Fitbit as Apple is more "People Priority" savy!

STrbula
First Steps

With all the health statistics that FitBit tracks, it would be great if there was a place for users to log blood sugar (for diabetics) or blood pressure readings (for those with heart disease and high blood pressure). This subset of the population can benefit so much from staying healthy and tracking their fitness. FitBit can already count carbs and follow the female cycle, why not another very important part of leading a healthy lifestyle for so many Americans. It would be a great way to keep all your health logs together: exercise, calorie intake, weight loss, diabetic logs, blood pressure logs...etc. I think the current statistics say over 10% of Americans are diabetic and 1 in 3 adults have high blood pressure.

Sullir
Recovery Runner

I am really pissed at Fitbit today! They have been saying for years that they have not added a blood sugar monitoring tile because they are not providing a medical device. Yet here today, I find a "Female Heath Tracking and Trends" tile.  I don't see the difference between tracking my menstrual cycle for infertility (a medical condition) and tracking my blood sugar.  Somehow that was acceptable simply with a disclaimer but not for a simple way to record our trends in blood sugar? Come on Fitbit, really?

cpmartin3
Jogger

Yes. I want to log blood pressure in the Fitbit app and dashboard.

Edwin3874
Recovery Runner

I would like this option on the blaze watch also 

PATruesdell
First Steps

I would be thrilled to have a way to enter my blood count levels and time of day with it charted like the resting heart rate does.   Having the ability to link up to a machine that is already capturing that is a plus but would be happy with just the logging capability to get started.   My doctor would like it too.

Kfire
First Steps

Please add a blood glucose section to the dashboard. As of now I have to track my BG on another app which also has fitness and food logs. So I have to either choose which app I log my foods into, or do it twice. I know my app will link with fitbit, but only if I pay for premium service to MyNetDiary Diabetes which costs $60/year for the best pricing option to upgrade.  This is way too expensive.  This is disappointing especially since MyNetDiary D has superior fitness and food logging capabilities.

henkus
First Steps

I understand that adding full glucose functionality adds a lot of development Fitbit rather not invest for a niche target audience (although there are a 100 million people with diabetes in the US alone, according to the CDC) but making a glucose section on the dashboard should be an option with less than prohibitive development investments, right? I'll bet you can reuse a lot of code that is currently used for tracking carbs. There's even a lot of open source code out there on GitHub and/or GitLab for relatively simple trackers that you could either build upon, or take inspiration from. And in a later stage you could build on top of that functionality with alerts and notifications - or when successful in an even later phase market a.HbA1c peripheral for Fitbits. I do believe you can make an excellent business case to take the company to the next level by targeting this audience and adding this use case.

But for now, just adding a glucose section in the app alone would be incredibly helpful.

WVKathy
Keeping Pace

Bp would work for me. please

Jamiergonzales
First Steps
Totally agree, huge market for this and it would truly be a benefit to health and fitness.

Sent from my iPad
PATruesdell
First Steps
Totally agree with suggested approach. Would rather have a simple something than nothing at all.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Add a feature to all Fitbit tracker Fitbit do not make this feature to new tracker show some love to your older users anyway so I think Fitbit should add sugar tracking in the Fitbit app and tracker this could save lives and also please also add sugar reminder to fitbits and thanks and hope this saves lives and Fitbit community sees this and I’m a developer and thinking of making a app for fitbits tell me in the comments what I should make either way thanks.

Sharonter
First Steps

It would be great if you could add to the dashboard for diabetics to be able to keep track of their blood. An average we test our blood every 2 to 3 hours it would be great if we could track it there so we know what our status is. Ty sharon

GrantWood
First Steps

what about creating a "tricorder" that measures everything from cholesterol to blood pressure to blood oxygen etc. and sync it with both the fit bit app and make an app to have doctors get updates. there is definitely a need for it. 

GrantWood
First Steps

i vote they make a tricorder and measres and tests everything from iron to blood pressure cholesterol oxygen level etc. and gave it sync with the app and an app or you let doctors be able to see it and monitor it on their end. 

JG18
First Steps

I would like to be able to track my bp on my Charge2.  Are there any FitBit wearables that allow for bp tracking?

SteveH
Community Legend

none of the current fitbit trackers can monitor BP

Doug06
First Steps

I am a retired Fitbit user with a Fitbit step tracker and Fitbit weight tracker. As part of monitoring my health I also try and track my blood pressure as well. Would be great if Fitbit had a blood pressure machine that works like the weight scale to measure and track that data. I see many older Fitbit users that would most likely be happy with such a device!

kencleland
First Steps

I would like to see a fitbit watch that includes blood pressure monitoring along with the features you already provide.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please fitbit for the  price of the ionic give us a blood pressure or will be nice thank

Ronald1
Runner

Hi Resoldier Well Thanks for supporting the idea. I still have my 16 month old Blaze. I will switch to Garmin when the Blaze dies. Fitbit completely ignored feature requests for Blaze as soon as Ionic launched. As soon as the next new (Vektor and Fitbit) model launches support for the Ionic will also go. Let’s hope Fitbit users buy into all the “first date promises” from Fitbit.

Anyway Keep Stepping/Running etc. 

paolo2018
First Steps

i like a fibit blood pressure device.

even if fibit could acquire data from nokia blood pressure device will be fine.

or permit to create a connection between nokia and fibit account to rtake from there the data.

kencleland
First Steps
Yeah me too
--
Ken Cleland
Rowena71
First Steps

If there is a way to make a Fitbit with a Blood Pressure Tracker, that would be great. I love my Fitbit and I do not want to replace it, but I also need a great way to help keep an eye on my Blood Pressure to know if my medication is working or to see when it is rising, and other companies have been suggested to me. 

poglad
First Steps

I love how the suggestion says it would be great to have it sync BP readings automatically instead of manually having to enter it... yes it would... but it was also be great if you could even manually enter it at all! I used to use it all the time. Then they took it away. Ridiculous.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.