Blue Light Filter for Eyes at Night

The Fitbit should have a blue light filter for the evening similar to the built in iPhone feature that find the light

15 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Kavz88 what type of device do you want this for? 

It is classified for future and as an app on the ionic. 

I'm not sure how either apply. 

Kavz88
Jogger
It’s been easy to add to iPhone and Android as an app. I have the charge 2.
--
Sincerely,

Kavita Siewrattan
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Your charge 2 only has the ability to give off white light, this would require a blue filter to be placed over the tracker. 

This option would be possible with the Blaze and Ionic. 

Kavz88
Jogger
Can an update be made that includes a filter as an option on the app?

--
Sincerely,

Kavita Siewrattan
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kavz88 thanks for sharing this idea. As @Rich_Laue mentioned this would likely only be possible on future products or possibly newer products like Fitbit Ionic as it depends on the screen and hardware. This won't be possible on Charge 2 but we'll keep this open for future devices. Thanks

OudoorNate
First Steps

I have a had my charge 2 for a little over a month and love it.  I will say that  either having an option within the phone app  to dim  the screen for night time, or if it is at all possible  having an option to switch the display color to red to make it easier on the eyes during late night hours.  i don't knw if either of these would be possible due to hardware, software limitations.  I know with hunting and other outdoor activities having a light beacon  as bright as the Charge 2 is now  I wont be wearing it when I go hunting.  

Kavz88
Jogger
I hear you! I mean even if the quick display had a faster way to access it
so it’s easier to switch on and off. Perhaps the on/off of the quick
display can be on the main board as a separate tile, rather than having to
click on the little watch icon and going through the settings. Even that
would be better.
--
Sincerely,

Kavita Siewrattan
Allgoodjones
First Steps

I would appreciate having an option to change the digital display to amber in the night hours. As a fit based company the importance of sleep should be a priority. Research has shown eliminating blue light makes a difference in the evening hours and during the night.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. Interesting the fact of the blue color. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

aydee
Jogger

It would be amazing if this was available for the Versa. I am incredibly light sensitive and this is the only reason I have yet to get a smart watch and the main deterrent to me getting the Versa.  

OudoorNate
First Steps

After the past few months of having my Charge 2 I have learned that something as simple as covering the display with a piece of black electrical tape and only accessing my data via my IPhone, IPad or even the PC app.  The only time that I uncover the display is when I am at the Gym working out other than that I have it covered.  I have resorted to putting my Charge 2 on my right wrist and gone back to using my analog Luminox watch on my left wrist for telling time.  Also, on another point a little over a month ago I covered the Charge 2 Display before I would go to bed and I noticed that my sleep tracking data changed  from me waking up multiple times during the night.  I did a little study myself and  noticed that it was the Charge 2 lighting up that would wake me up so since then  I even sleep with it covered.  I don't know if the display LEDs would support a color change to a red or other color for night, but if there would be an option using the single button to that is used to turn on and turn off other options if there could be a "night option"  I think that would be great.  I know that some LEDs can display different colors with a different voltage but I don't know if the display on some Fitbit  units support something like this.  I do know that if there was a different version  that had this option I would buy it and pass on my current charge 2 to a family member.  I am also light sensitive and I have just learned not to use the display on my Charge 2.  I would love to work with developers to innovate some options like this.  

Snow_Skier
Recovery Runner

It would be nice if the Versa and Ionic had a blue light filter that could be automatically turned on from sunset to sunrise to reduce blue light emissions that reduce melatonin levels.  This could act similarly to filters on Windows 10, iOS, and Android.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Snow_Skier ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree, have a Versa and hate when the screen turns on so I can check time and the white light shines so bright!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.