Custom Vibration Pattern for "Weight lifting" or "Intervals workouts"

There might be a similar suggestion to this already or this is available for other Fitbit products just not mine (I have a Charge 2), so excuse me. A relatively common workout that I personally practice is following a  "4-2-4-2" pattern, where you lift the weights for 4 seconds then hold them for 2seconds, then bring them back down over 4 seconds and hold them for 2 more until you start over. I repeat this for 90 to 120 seconds. I would love the fitbit to vibrate each time I have to change  between the 4-2-4-2. I know other sports could benefit from that as well like running in intervals. The Idea is to maybe set those custom vibrations in the App. 

Moderator edit: added labels

9 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Seibster thanks for sharing this. At the moment, there are not currently plans to develop customizable vibration patterns on Charge 2 or other products as per this Feature Suggestion. I'd suggest that you vote and comment on these existing suggestions specifically around weight training as that is what you want the feature for. Ideally they would incorporate some kind of vibration reminder for reps:

Thanks

RippleRufferz
Jogger

I don't have the best hearing and relied on my Charge HR to vibrate and let me know when my phone was ringing. But with the Alta HR, I don't notice the vibration at ALL most of the time. Please consider offering vibration patterns (and a stronger vibration) for alerts. 

Orbis
Jogger

I almost never notice the vibration....  it seems not only a small problem but a big failure of the product as never being alerted 

TechnoBuddhist
Recovery Runner

I'd like to create additional vibration patterns and strengths rather than be limited to the small number of inbuilt ones.

Ideally allow us as devs to create our own and maybe also have a companion app where users could create their own(share and download different ones). Users could then assign them as different notifications for the apps us devs build.

pschoen
First Steps

Can barely feel the vibration for alarms and text.  If I am not sitting there waiting for it I am sure it will go unnoticed.  Can we please find a way to increase the intensity?

NMSU
First Steps

I use a charge 2 after first having a charge HR and I liked the vibration alert with the HR but find that that feature for the Charge 2 is significantly weaker

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NMSU, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Charge 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

msysverms
Jogger
The Fitbit app on Android does not allow users to input rest times between intervals lower than 10 seconds while customizing the Interval Workout options.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @msysverms, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize interval workouts. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.