Body Fat Percentage Goal

It'd be great if a body fat percentage goal could be added instead of just weight as muscle weighs more than fat weight alone really is irrelevant if you're working out.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

13 Comments
crgf1k
First Steps

I'm happy with my current weight, but I want to lower my body fat percentage from 19% to 13%.  I've set that as a goal, but my dashboard says "Woohoo goal met" because it defaults to weight.  My bodyfat goal is unmet, so I'd rather see "You have 6% bodyfat to go to reach your goal."

SuperJamie
Jogger

I agree, I would really like to see this as a feature. Weight doesn't really mean too much, it's what makes up that weight that counts.

Akiba254
Walker

I am surprised this isnt already as it seems obvious enough

Rev68
Jogger

Bumping this.  Not all of us are fat and just or want to lose weight. Some of us want to set muscle mass or body fat % goals.

Yme
Base Runner

You can set body fat percentage goal, but only in combination with body weight. It would be great if you could choose to only have fat percentage as a goal, as many people want to stay at the same weight, but reduce fat, or even gain weight and loose fat.

Status changed to: Released
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

I'm glad to announce that this feature is already available in the Dashboard. Now, you're able to set a weight and a body fat goal. You can learn more about it by checking this article. Check the following screenshot: 

bodyfat.PNG

Nyrrukette
First Steps

Would be nice to be able to set a goal for 10% body fat, because i want to lean out but i don't have or want to set a specific weight goal.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Nyrrukette. Thanks for explaining why you'd prefer to set a body fat percentage goal with us! I've moved your post to another suggestion that has been updated as "Released". You can check this other suggestion here and see this help article for instructions about how to set your body fat percentage goal in your Fitbit account. Keep adding your suggestions!

Nyrrukette
First Steps

Ah, now i see it. Even found the option in the App, thank you!

Loloaqic
Recovery Runner

I agree, having reached my ideal weight, I'd now like to set, track, and monitor my Body Fat %.

Loloaqic
Recovery Runner

One more Vote for this suggestion.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
In setting goals for food, there's only the ability to set a calorie goal. It would be great if there were the ability to set goals for fats, carbs, and proteins as well.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see set body fat percentage goals. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about it here. You can also vote for this other suggestion: Allow us to set macronutrient goals and show us full macronutrient breakdowns in appI hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.