Bring Back the Old Dashboard!

I'm starting a new thread to bring back the old dashboard since the previous one was closed to comments and is no longer being considered by the developers.

I can't express how much I loathe the new "look."  It's cluttered, difficult to navigate, and it enrages me anew each time I go to check if I've got my dot for the hour.  Please give us the option of using the "classic" view.  Failing that, give us the option to remove or edit what we're tracking.  I'm in menopause, but it won't let me remove the Female Health.  I don't track how much water I drink, or what I eat, but those are permanently visible (I could edit them out of the old dashboard).

Please return to something clean and functional.  If not, I'm sure I can find another tracker that will suit.  I've been with Fitbit for over five years but updates like this do not inspire brand loyalty.

218 Comments
Britvit219
First Steps

The new dashboard released for IOS is horrible! I want my brightly colored tiles back! If this isn’t fixed I’m switching to Garmin cause this is the worst interface I’ve ever used! Y’all need to do better!

Ahimsa2
Jogger

I agree completely. I am getting the impression that if I had tried the new layout that I could have voted. I underestimated how horrible it would be and neglected to try it. I’m done with Fitbit if they can’t even consider moving forward with a new update that utilizes the look of the last version. They should get on this fast. Who could possibly like this better? 

Ahimsa2
Jogger

Hey, moderator! Where is the place to vote on the new look of the app? I have no idea where to find it. I’m so disturbed by this change. It’s clear that so many find it revolting.

i need to know exactly where the voting is please!

Or im going to run out and get an Apple Watch. I think we all are! You need to tell us that you are working on a new version that looks like the old version. I understand that you can’t “change it back” but you can move forward with the old look back in place! 

Susieg924
First Steps

I am so disappointed in the upgrade.  I used to be able to see the breakdown after walking as to how many minutes were peak, cardio and fat burning.  This feature has disappeared.

Juggernaughty
Recovery Runner

My app updated to the new dashboard and it is awful. No more glancing to get an over all view of how I slept. The whole thing is ugly and provides less information. Change it back. The only reason I kept Fitbit over Garmin was the app. And now it sucks. 

Mom_to_5
Recovery Runner

Please bring back the old dashboard, this is horrible!  

I have been looking into an Apple watch since this change and am considering it since i have an Iphone and that is syncs all my Beachbody workouts automatically!

AmandaYH
Jogger

I totally hate the new GUI. The problems for me are:

1) the GUI doesn't fit on my phone screen, so I have to scroll down to see some of the tiles.

2) My progress/status on sleep and exercise for today isn't immediately displayed, I have to first scroll down and then hit enter to see details

3) The notifications page has no "back" arrow

4) I cant seem to rearrange tiles on my screen

If you cant provide an alternative, please fix this horrible GUI!

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Britvit219, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the new look and design of the iOS dashboard, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Keep sharing your ideas with us!

JulieOrchard
First Steps

I have never felt the need to comment before but this new dashboard is rubbish- talk about going backwards- it looks like an old interface and don’t like fact that I was forced to update

i can see everything on the screen and it’s a lot more awkward to use than the last one too

why do you guys feel the need to fix something that wasn’t broken!

Nagswoman
Base Runner
I have not even got tiles.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @luvdogs27, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the new design of the Fitbit app, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

iharvestmoons
First Steps

I usually buy a newer version of the Fitbit every 1-2 years as my current one wears out.  I was looking into the Charge 3 when this dashboard update came out.  I can honestly say that the app was my favorite feature.  I don’t interact with the device much other than wearing it and switching out bands.  All of the fun was in the app.  The bright green and confetti when you had reached a goal, the visual appeal of tiles instead of a list.  If the dashboard is going to stay the way it is, I don’t really see why I wouldn’t go to another company for my fitness tracking needs.  My joy in Fitbit was 90% due to the app.  This makes me sad.

Ahimsa2
Jogger

Why are they locking comments on the other threads? This new app is such a joke. Please go back to the old look ASAP! 

Carolxi
Runner

Hate the new dashboard.

How could anyone in this day & age  think that lines of info, where you have to page down to see all the info is better that a page of icons that had all the info at a glance?

Bring back the old dashboard!

Longknown
Jogger

You took away my motivation to reach my goals.  It doesn't seem like much to you perhaps, but that bright green celebratory flash at the end of the day when all my goals were met was my little "yay" moment.  The new look is boring, boring, boring!  What a disappointment.

Britvit219
First Steps

Agree 100%!

Brittney Vititoe

Britvit219
First Steps
It’s awful! And boring! I’ll be switching to another brand of tracker if they don’t fix this!

Brittney Vititoe
berley
Jogger

hate the new dashboard!  before this update i could easily see my daily stats with minimal scrolling, and could read the tiles without my glasses.  the large dots that let me know if i've met my 250+ steps for the hour were easy to see.  now i have to scroll down to find what i'm looking for and the icons and writing is so small i can't read anything without my glasses...which i don't wear to the gym! 

seriously, why would you update the screen with more useless white space and scrolling?!?  boring colors, and even the celebration on the screen when i meet my goals is subdued.  not motivating at all!

whoever decided to force us into this update made a big mistake!!  please please fix this!

nujol
Runner

New dashboard rubbish. See iOS forum posts for reasons why. Option to have the old one please. 

BobTheCat
Base Runner

It is really really bad.  I gave my husband my old fit bit after his surgery and told him when we got him a new one, he would get the better user-friendly app I had and then one day MY app changed to look like his.  It is not very helpful.  And the colors/design are off putting.  It's not intuitive.

Ell51
Stepping Up

The new dashboard has no regard for visual impairment. Even on a 10" tablet the screen is so compacted and cluttered now, that I can't see the data that's important to me. I emailed support and their advise was to post on here. Very helpful to someone who can hardly see - write another comment!! The option to revert to the previous dashboard is essential. It is not appropriate to ignore the visually impaired, believe it or not some of us like to keep active but not with a fitbit anymore!

Ahimsa2
Jogger

I agree completely. I went for a walk last night and discovered a lot of new features after that are useless to me. 

Design is so important. I don’t understand why they had to mess with a good thing. Who thought there was a problem with the layout? They could have easily added the new changes without changing the layout and colors, or used equally vibrant colors.

im very disappointed that they are chalking the outcry against the new look as being an instance where hundreds (most likely in reality thousands) of people are just completely resistant to change. 

Im all for change. I’m fine with rolling with change. But change for change sake without improvement is not a good thing! 

Its also very arrogant for representatives of the company to be so dismissive to all of us who want the old look back. It really was better. 

Why can Fitbit not understand this? 

The tiles were easy to see and gave and gave us more info at a glance. 

Stop closing comments on these threads and count all the votes for all similar threads, plus read all the comments. Look at the app reviews. Look at Twitter. People hate the new look to the point that they want to throw away their fitbits. It’s not appropriate to dismiss this as “resistant to change.”

Darcy50169
First Steps

Alas I too and fallen victim to the new Fitbit iphone changes.  Why the heck did they think this would enhance our Fitbit experience.  I don't remember receiving as option to vote.  Who is this change helping?  Obviously not the consumer.  Disappointed beyond belief.

tkleiderer
First Steps

New dashboard is awful and not user friendly at all. Simplify like it was before. 

EAB3
First Steps

If Fitbit wants to maintain customer satisfaction they need to bring back the old dashboard. The new one is hard to use, print too small, and the semicircles make way more sense for steps per hour, hours of sleep, pounds lost, etc. With the full circle, it looks like someone slept 24 hours, or walked 250 steps every hour of the day and night. The new concept is ludicrous, showing a complete circle rather than semicircle with dots ( in the case of steps per hour) and especially sleep, which now no longer shows if the sleep was interrupted for a few hours in the middle of the night for example. Whoever designed this was just not thinking of customers and what they want. As far as the vaunted "improvements" all the changes are affecting me negatively. It wasn't broken, so they shouldn't have fixed it. Having made the decision to improve any glitches, they could have left the dashboard alone. The new "improvements" are a detriment to actually using the app. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.