Bring Back the Old Dashboard!

I'm starting a new thread to bring back the old dashboard since the previous one was closed to comments and is no longer being considered by the developers.

I can't express how much I loathe the new "look."  It's cluttered, difficult to navigate, and it enrages me anew each time I go to check if I've got my dot for the hour.  Please give us the option of using the "classic" view.  Failing that, give us the option to remove or edit what we're tracking.  I'm in menopause, but it won't let me remove the Female Health.  I don't track how much water I drink, or what I eat, but those are permanently visible (I could edit them out of the old dashboard).

Please return to something clean and functional.  If not, I'm sure I can find another tracker that will suit.  I've been with Fitbit for over five years but updates like this do not inspire brand loyalty.

218 Comments
Denver12
Recovery Runner

I am quite disappointed to read that almost everyone else hit to vote on the new app. Why didn’t I?  Additionally, I realize ghat getting use to s change takes time. My 2 main concerns are that the 250 steps per hour reminder/guideline was much easier to follow when it was a semi circle with a beginning and end. The circle is very hard to ascertain where you are in the circle at any given time.  Also, I don’t like having to cursor down a long line of categories to get to the one I want to see at that moment.

Denver12
Recovery Runner

Also, I corrected those typos before I posted. Frustrating.

GJohal
First Steps

The new dashboard is not user friendly at all, really hoping it is switched back....so disappointing:(

ThinInside7
Recovery Runner

I agree completely.

They can pat themselves on the back about their new format all they like - so long as they give us the option to have the old dashboard.

I suspect that the thousands of unhappy users will not be given a choice though.  It wasn't as though quite a few of us got the choice of having the new format in the first place.

I rarely post.  I've been unhappy enough to post several times today.

ugadel
Jogger

I also agree completely that the "new" dashboard on my iPhone is horrible. 

It seems the fonts are smaller making it more difficult to read with out glasses. I miss my dots in a semi-circle.They were easy to see and made it obvious what hour was involved. (Probably because one could actually see them without a magnifying glass).  Also I liked the awake/restless information under one's sleep hours on the 'home' dashboard page so you did not have to go in deeper to find out that information.  

Please give us an option to return to the "classic" view or I will have to find another device with bigger print and a more user friendly screen. 

Annakatm
First Steps

I hate the new dashboard! It is stupid and just made my Fitbit experience far less valuable. If you don’t want us to go with another smart watch company then let us have the option of choosing the old/better dashboard. Changing things just for the sake of change is a sad attempt at marketing & is turning customers away. Just let us have what we want. Please! I did not ask for this.

Blamzu
Recovery Runner

I agree 100%.

I hate, hate, hate the new dashboard. 

Did not find it intuitive to use nor appealingly designed. 

Could not find how to set an alarm... 

Tracking a run became more difficult. 

Did not appreciate the forced update at all... and am definitely not pleased with the result. 

Oh.. and by the way now my Inspire HR gets an error message saying "Failed to Sync Device"... 😞 
Thanks for the update... 😞

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion! We don’t currently have plans to release this feature but we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

sharp92
First Steps

Not at all a fan of the new dashboard.  No need for me to re-iterate what everyone else has already commented on. But will say i agree with each and everyone. While i did figure out how to remove some of the things i didn't care to track, why was it brought back for me to re-configure my. 

Dashboard also scrolls on me when i don't want it to. Really just want the old one back.

ThinInside7
Recovery Runner

Thank you for responding LizFitbit.

I think we all have realised that it is not currently planned to allow users to revert to the old dashboard.  Leaving it open for voting is but a gesture though.  So many posts would suggest that there is a call for the option - more so when some just refreshed their screen and the favoured dashboard had disappeared.  It is such a disappointment. 

I feel sorry for those who designed this and for those who endorsed it - it must be awful to have your hard work criticised.  But the fact is a lot of your customers do not like it and unsatisfied customers will likely vote with their feet.  Perhaps they can add that to the new dashboard.

Brookers
Jogger

I have an idea for a new dashboard. Make it like the previous one. The current dashboard is a definite beta version and requires many changes before it is functional and not so “buggy”. Perhaps the rollout can be rolled back as obviously the incorrect version was released to prod. 

SarahMaxx
Jogger

I seriously miss the information that the old dashboard showed about our friends.  Just seeing 7 day steps is not enough.  The motivation I got from the old info has dissipated and I'm beginning to wonder about devices other than fitbits.  

BarbLL
Stepping Up

I really, really dislike the new dashboard - it is hard to navigate, looks worse than the old one, and is difficult to read. Please bring back the old one! It's extremely frustrating that we don't have a choice about the version we use and that there is no way to go back to the old one. I've had a Fitbit for years, but may explore other trackers going forward when it it time to upgrade if the app does not improve.

NAR1
First Steps

I have never posted before, but have just checked my app and can’t believe the changes to the dashboard. I didn’t ask for this and hate the new layout. Whoever  designed it and calls it an improvement needs their head looking at. I only purchased my Fitbit in February and now feel like I want to go back to my old watch. What a waste of my money. 

ina-fan
Recovery Runner

Loathe the new dashboard with a passion.. for all the reasons stated above. The font is far too small to see easily and the colours are dreadful. It consistently states “failed to sync” and the circles are far too hard to see where you are, making the usefulness of the app zero. I loved the flashing green lights that I strived for each and every day. It really motivated me but this is DIRE. Seriously, listen to the feedback, please.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Brookers, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. 

KMJ369
Jogger

Please bring back the old dashboard - the new one is horrible.  Please

Brianhuff
Recovery Runner

This new update just plain sucks all the way around!  From a user standpoint it is god awful and visually is about as ugly and plain as can be!!!! Just do the company a favor and switch back to the old version. If you truly take your customers feedback into consideration there are plenty of posts and comments asking for this. Get off your high horse and do the right thing!

luvdogs27
First Steps

Bring back our old app! The new one is horrible and nobody likes it. If it comes down to it, I’m sorry to say I won’t be purchasing another Fitbit. The app was the only thing that has kept me from competitors, and well, Fitbit... you messed up. I’ve been a happy and loyal customer for years, and I would be sad to see it end like this. Don’t be stubborn, and listen to the hundreds, if not thousands of people, who buy into your company. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please please revert back to the old app interface.  New one is not user friendly and it’s appearance coincides with my step count being 10-15 percent lower.  So it’s not correct and it’s now reading my heart rate higher as well since I accepted the change.   This new change is a total deal breaker for me.  

TildyMac
Jogger

I want to switch back to the old dashboard. This feels like a downgrade.   It is less user friendly and clunky. Graphically it is less appealing with the increased whitespace, smaller text and graphics. The design is awkward to use and read during activities. Without being insulting I don’t think much customer consideration was put into the decision make these changes. 

Zaphode
Jogger

Hate the new app. The old app everything was right there and easy to click when you wanted to add your meals. Now I have to scroll to find it

Fire whomever forced this on us. 

The app I liked. It’s why I bought another Fitbit. 

Since fitbits seem go fail just out of warranty I will not be getting a third. 

Sedgar
First Steps

I do not like the new look.  I prefer the old dashboard.  The font is much smaller and harder to read. I am not a fan of this new dashboard at all is there a way to give us the choice of a classic view to go back to the old dashboard.  I get upset every time I log into Fitbit and considering how much weight I've lost using it and I'm at the point where I do not want to use it anymore because I can't navigate it please bring back the old dashboard.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Seriously Fitbit, listen to the loyal customers you still have who are requesting to have the option to use the old dashboard. The new one is a huge step back for several reasons and there's no "getting used to it" as a moderator suggested. As people pointed out, it is not only a brand issue or a layout preference but also accessibility. We are still requesting the old dashboard, which was much better, because our data is already in the app for some months/ years and it is a hassle to change, plus it was working fine and it was a motivating interface, unlike the new one. With your resistance to actually acknowledge the requests, it seems like you're really pushing us to chose for another brand any time soon. 

Nagswoman
Base Runner

I detest the new list screen. The old dashboard was brilliant and looked very professional - everything on the one screen that I could see at a glance. I do not want to have to manipulate the screen to get to where I want. The new screen just looks like an email.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.