Bring Relax app back on Charge 6

I loved the Relax app, which let me do breathing exercises with my eyes closed, on my old Fitbit, which was a major reason I got a Charge 6 rather than a competing tracker, but was disappointed to find Relax was gone. EDA scan does not have the critical tactile element for breathing.
7 Comments
Ducky...mia
First Steps

Yes I agree I tried to get their attention on instagram they told me to vote on this

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cattlebuddy, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding the Relax app to the Charge 6 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Elisa_post
First Steps

I have been using the guided mediation/relax appi on my charge 4 for years. I used it to help with my anxiety and panic attacks. My charge 4 is broken and I purchased a charge 6. I'm really struggling with the fact that the relax app is not a feature in the charge 6. Please bring it back. I have been using my Fitbit not only for my physical health but mostly for my mental health. 

Cbots1
Jogger

I couldn’t agree more. Google’s acquisition of Fitbit has led to too much control andtoo much push toward the premium membership at the expense of basic functionality. I may have to go back to the Amazfit line. It’s not like I love Amazon, but in this case they are not trying to squeeze every penny out of you just so that you can meditate on your fitness tracker.

thistlesprint
First Steps

Agreed. I just upgraded to a Charge 6 after using my Charge 2 (a birthday gift) to near pieces for 8 and a half years. I was hoping that since I jumped four generations I would be able to both retain my favorite features and enjoy an improvement to the functionality of the trackers/sensors.Truthfully, the Charge 6 has many wonderful additions, with the Relax app being its only point of lack that I can locate at this time. With my Charge 2 I would use the Relax app nearly every day. Both to calm myself and get ready to fall asleep. It was especially useful when I was without access to my phone whether by choice or by necessity. I truly hope that it is reintroduced as an option to the Charge 6 in the near future.

Cbots1
Jogger

after continuing to use the Charge 6, I find the EDA scan useful in its own right, but no replacement for the relax sessions. First of all, you need to hold your fingers to the fitbit with some degree of pressure, which is the opposite of meditation. It wouldn't be as bad, but because you have to hold on the sides, there is no natural/comfortable way to do this. As well, the breathing vibrations aren't there. Please bring this back, say thistlesprint and I and many others!

CallMeMrPig
First Steps

The charge 4 relax app was my most used app on my 4, it sucked it was never truly integrated into my 5 before Fitbits (unofficial) kill switch on that Device. Now I'm here advocating for relax on the 6!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.