Bring Spotify app on Charge 6

Please bring back Spotify integration with the Charge 6 - something that was available with the 4 and is available with other Fitbits as well.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

73 Comments
Khalidals
First Steps

Spotify is extremely popular, and removing it from the Fitbit is a big step back to be honest. I understand the business decision that was taken to push towards your own products, but that's clearly backfiring when you see people stirring away from the product because they can't use it with their app of choice. It's a big plus if your device is compatible with more options (=more customers). Hope this issue is fixed soon, extremely disappointed that I can't use my new charge 6 with my Spotify. 

james_467
Jogger

@Khalidals If you have an Android you may find this very helpful: Notification Playback 

Refer to this for the app tutorial in getting spotify control on your charge 6

mlwalsh82
First Steps

Please bring Spotify to Charge 6.  I just upgraded and was disappointed that it doesn’t have it.

AlRigazzi
First Steps

I see a lot of comments and no news from FitBit devs. 

muzicrcks
Jogger

Please bring Spotify to fitibit charge 6! It is so disappointing that it doesnt have this app.

jodyej
Jogger

Yes, please add Spotify. If you can have youtube music certainly you can have Spotify. I don't use youtube music.

MathewGrant
First Steps

I find that reasonable, especially after upgrading to Spotify Premium, there are many more special features, ad-free music listening. download now

Semvn
Base Runner

FYI on Garmin watches, the music control is able to work with any music player on your phone, not a selection and not just subscription services.

Google's practice of shielding its platform is highly unethical and harms competition on the market and hence quality of services. Boo!

v2b
First Steps

Hi @james_467 First of all thanks for the app I gave it a try and followed the steps on your website but I can't get the authorization message, no idea of why. I also don't know how to send you a direct message, let me know if you have a few mins to walk me through setting it up.

Hamcclin
Recovery Runner

Please add Spotify app to the Charge 6. Spotify is much more developed and offers more podcasts. Any one who already uses it does not want to switch and have to make all new music lists. I will never use the YouTube music feature on my Fitbit. It’s a wasted feature.

james_467
Jogger

@v2b I sent you a friend request.  Let me know if it's come through so we can chat 

djdatz
Jogger

Throwing my vote in here, please add this as a native app. I know Google has purchased Fitbit and there's obviously a push to move to Google products, but the ability to use Youtube Music on my fitbit vs Spotify is not something that will ever move the needle for me when it comes to getting Youtube Premium/Music.

dwbrennan86
First Steps

@james_467,

This software looks great but I can't get it to connect to Spotify, could you support please?

james_467
Jogger

@dwbrennan86 Happy to help, I can't put my email as a comment but you can find it on the website or just msg my fitbit account.

dwbrennan86
First Steps

@james_467 I can't seem to private message you and your website seems to be having some downtime. I will try message you again.

Danny

james_467
Jogger

Just fixed the website @dwbrennan86  👍 

dwbrennan86
First Steps

@james_467 sorry to be a pain but it's not letting me send you a message through the website, the send button doesn't work!

The problem is that I get a notification on my Fitbit that the notification app is connected to Spotify, but it does not show any song info..

laurakj504
First Steps

@james_467

I downloaded the Notification Playback app from the Google Play Store for my Pixel 6a and followed your first time user instructions for setting it up on my Fitbit Charge 6, but I didn't get an "Authorization request" when I switched to the Spotify app.  I uninstalled and reinstalled both Spotify and Notification Playback, but still no luck.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks for your help and for developing this app!  I really hope I can get it to work.  🙂

james_467
Jogger

@laurakj504 @dwbrennan86 it's a shame it's not working.  I've tried to replicate the issue on my end with a fresh Spotify account and I get an authorisation request each time.  Make sure you follow the steps, specifically when to switch apps.  Happy to assist further if you message my email or instagram on the website links.

StellarXtreme
First Steps

I agree 100%.  please please please allow for Spotify connectivity. Just upgraded to the charge 6 from a 2 and was hoping that Spotify would be usable, but found out it's not. Would be a huge game changer if it was available.  It's good to see I'm not alone in this.

DoriJMW520
First Steps

SPO-TI-FY! SPO-TI-FY! SPO-TI-FY! 

Semvn
Base Runner

Why can earbuds control any music player, but a smartwatch only premium subscriptions?

linuzzz88
First Steps

There is no response from Fitbit, so I guess there will be no support for Spotify. I'm going to buy a fitness tracker very soon, does anyone have some tips on a tracker that is simple but also support Spotify?

Semvn
Base Runner

The cheapest Garmin Forerunner watches give control over your phone's music player, with or without subscription. Their other watches probably too but I don't have one. It shouldn't matter whether you have Spotify, Google Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, Tidal, ...

Bol2riz
Stepping Up

I would love having the Spotify control either please.

+100

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.