Bring Spotify app on Charge 6

Please bring back Spotify integration with the Charge 6 - something that was available with the 4 and is available with other Fitbits as well.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

73 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cyberalienfreak, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding the Spotify app to the Charge 6 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

linuzzz88
First Steps

Without Spotify, no fitbit for me. 

Phscale
First Steps

I get the idea for pushing YouTube premium to charge people more on another subscription, but I don't see myself moving from Spotify to YouTube premium ever unless they are planning to discontinue Spotify. Overall it's a bad idea and is the only negative for these new fitbits. 

Sambal
First Steps

For real, Spotify control is the only thing missing on the charge 6. I don't use Google Music and never will. Where do I need to go to sign a petition to include Spotify control on this puppy? 

ego5000
First Steps

Just upgraded from Charge 4 and - although they were a bit flawed on that device - I still miss the Spotify controls on the Charge 6. I have no intention on abandoning my Spotify account for YouTube Music so this is a loss for me.

Mic_24
First Steps

Spotify marks my days, please 🙂

Kal-2023
First Steps

I just received the FitBit Charge 6. I would prefer the spotify option as well. I just uninstalled the youtube music app.

james_467
Jogger

I've developed an app called Notification Playback that lets you play, pause, and skip tracks directly from the notifications on the charge 5/6. It's still a work in progress, but I think you'll find it useful.

If you're interested, you can check it out on Google Play or for more info and instructions on my site. I'd love any feedback or suggestions you might have. No pressure though, just thought I'd share!

ego5000
First Steps

Nice james_467

Qwackers88
First Steps

I have recently been looking for a new watch as mu dog chewed up my charge 4 and have been thinking of a charge 6. I later found out while doing more reserch on the watch that there was no spotify support on it. This is a deal breaker for me. There is no chance that I would give up spotify for youtube music and I think most others think that too. If it is a partnership issue then I completely understand but if it isn't, I don't see a reason that a spotify controller shouldn't be on it.

simomalvo88
First Steps

Please add Spotify support 

alle95.spilla
Recovery Runner

Please, add Spotify and Amazon music 

Willemijn123
Jogger
I miss the support for Spotify on the charge 6.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Willemijn123, thanks for sharing this product feedback about supporting Spotify on the Charge 6 with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Beaglepb
First Steps

Was going to upgrade to Charge 6 for myself and everyone on our Spotify Family plan at Xmas.  I guess I'll be moving on. 

Johngardner58
First Steps

Yes please.   All my playlists are in spotify and I simply prefer it.  I understand Google pushing YouTube but I think you will sell more devices if they supported Spotify too.

BJReplay
Recovery Runner

HI @james_467 that's a great app idea.  Have you seen the suggestion https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Add-generic-music-controls-to-Charge-6/idi-p/548302... - is there any chance your app could be modified to support generic playback controls?  Is there any chance you would consider open-sourcing it to allow someone to build a version based on yours?

james_467
Jogger

@BJReplay Yes I'd like generic playback controls as well in the future.  Having the Spotify playback control meant I could make a working app quicker and get feedback, then move onto native android playback.  So will work on that soon, also happy to make it open source 👍

Yhw
First Steps

@james_467 playback app just crashes when I click connect to Spotify, notification perms were given, are there anything I missed?

james_467
Jogger

@Yhw No that should be fine.  I just updated the app, if you can let me know if that's fixed it for you 

Spikyod
First Steps

Currently wearing my Charge 4 right now, was thinking I'd upgrade for the color screen and realized so Spotify, so I guess I'll just stay with this one.   Bring back spotify! 

mossgooner
First Steps

Spotify is what most people use and you cannot discontinue the support! Please bring it back. It's a major drawback when I'm looking to upgrade from my Charge 4

james_467
Jogger

Screenshot_20231120_130524_Google Play Store.jpg

See more info at my site

or get it on google play 

Yhw
First Steps

@james_467  not sure what's going on. The app no longer crashes, but also doesnt want to connect to Spotify, all steps on website were followed. I am running Android 14 on a pixel 7 if that helps.

james_467
Jogger

@Yhw send me a message and we'll get it sorted right away 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.