Bring back Pandora app to all Fitbit Smartwatches

I have been a loyal customer to Fitbit and am disappointed that took Pandora off the Versa 2. That was the main selling point for me. I don't know if I will remain with Fitbit when I need a new watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

27 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ctoftdupuy, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the Pandora app to all Fitbit Smartwatches with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

tomperse
Recovery Runner

I am so (SUPER) disappointed that I can no longer upload my music - or as was the case with Pandora - some Pandora playlists to my Sense. THE reason I ever chose Fitbit years ago was because of its ability to allow music to be played WITHOUT being a tethered via bluetooth to my smart device. What an incredible, incredible disappointment to remove these features. If one could upload Spotify playlists and play music without having to carry a smart device within range, it would be fine. Why was this decision made? How can you undo this so I don't have to toss my Fitbit out now? Please. Help those of us who enjoy...want...need a watch that is not tied to a smart device for music.

wlindsey1
Jogger

Pretty lame they got rid of debatably one of their best features. Bring back music capabilities. 

Agreed!!!! I am so disappointed that Pandora was removed- it's really the ONLY REASON I bought this model of Fitbit- the ability to go running without having to bring my phone too. Spotify only works as a 'control ' ; you can't actually play music from the watch  This stinks!!!!!

ctoftdupuy
First Steps

Agreed!  Huge flaw is Spotify over Pandora.  They took away the wrong app!

ctoftdupuy
First Steps
Agree 100% Spotify doesn't compare to what pandora offered.
ctoftdupuy
First Steps
Agreed! Horrible design for the purpose of a smartwatch. This is really
disappointing all around.
tomperse
Recovery Runner
10000-percent correct, and I am fighting with Fitbit about this.

Now, what's the use in having it? My smart device does everything. . .if I'm going to be forced to carry it because they removed downloadable music, why do I need the watch now? Makes zero point zero-zero percent sense to me!

I'm raising heck with them about it.
tomperse
Recovery Runner

The more I think about it (and the angrier I get), Fitbit has changed this product to a point that is dramatically and materially different than the product we purchased. It's one thing to introduce new features (Spotify). It's a whole other issue when you remove features that alter the product to a point that you have changed it so materially (it's like buying jeans with pockets then having the designer come back later, remove the pockets, give you a fanny pack, and try to convince you - it's better!) This is a product for which Fitbit advertised downloadable music operation without having to bring along a Smart Phone. This change is nothing but delayed bait and switch and needs to be corrected. 

ctoftdupuy
First Steps
Your points are valid. I hope you can get through to Fitbit!
Djubin92
First Steps

Bring back offline music or I will leave Fitbit forever!!

davidoliver-1
First Steps

If you still want to listen to Pandora on your Fitbit smartwatch, you may be able to use a third-party app or service that allows you to stream music from your phone to your watch. For example, you could use the Spotify app on your phone to stream music to your Fitbit smartwatch via the Fitbit app. Keep in mind, however, that this will require a separate subscription to the streaming service you choose to use.

so, Spotify only allows you to use your Fitbit watch as a "DJ" option
(moving from song to song) NOT to download music directly to and play
from the watch. Pandora COULD BE downloaded and played directly from
the watch, thus allowing me (and others!!) to go out for a run WITHOUT
NEEDING TO TAKE MY PHONE WITH ME! As mentioned, this is primarily why I
went with this (expensive) model to begin with. Another user said it
very well- this is a COMPLETE Bait and Switch and I feel cheated by a
company that up until now, I've proudly recommended to friends and
family.
Cbreeden
First Steps

The offline download music capabilities of the Fitbit gave the ability to listen to music without having to carry your phone. Taking away Pandora,Deezer and the ability to download your own media makes my Fitbit useless. I've been a loyal customer to Fitbit for a very long time and I don't want to switch to a different type of watch. Fitbit has a large customer base and you are going to lose them because you are taking away all of the reasons to have a Fitbit. Please restore the ability to listen to music without having to carry the phone to do so. Spotify is useless on the Fitbit because you have to be within range of your phone to use it which means you still have to carry the phone to listen to the music with the Fitbit. If that were the case to begin with I never would have purchased the watch and I just would have carried the phone,because what is the point? How does a company create an upgrade to a product and remove capabilities at the same time? That is not an upgrade that is a downgrade that cost more money.IE: Versa3 to Versa4. Versa 4 increase cost less capability. Shame on Fitbit for letting loyal customers spend hard earned money for a product that has become useless. Shame on Fitbit for not correcting the issue.

Byrd0264
Jogger

Completely agree with the comments and outrage. I'm baffled as to why you would take away features that were the core reasons of many to purchase the product in the first place. What's next, disabling on-board GPS?

I always, always, always listen to music on my runs and I purposefully bought the tier of product that could do both music and on-board GPS so that I didn't have to find some way to strap my bulky phone to me while running. You really need to bring back on-board music. I will not buy another fitbit product again, and guess what, I'm not inclined to buy Google's version of a smart watch to get these features after this appalling treatment. You can't wrong your customers and expect them to go running to your parent company's platform for services. No thanks.

Fix it.

GuyDr
First Steps
It is quite bizarre that a fitness product would remove all music-playing applications from its repertoire. The Spotify application seems to be a very useless app, as the phone is beside you anyhow. I bought this watch so I could run with it, and listen to music at the same time.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GuyDr, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the music capabilities to the Versa series with us. We found some similar ideas already requested in this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

means5009
First Steps

I couldn't agree more.  I can't believe this option was removed.  My wife cannot take her phone into work so she would use Pandora while she works out on her lunch break.  Now that this feature was removed, the watch serves her ZERO purpose.  As a longtime Fitbit family, we are now going to be shopping for another smartwatch brand.

ctabb18
Jogger

I tried the Spotify app as an alternative, but found that the phone must be nearby and the Fitbit only works as a control for the app, which must be open and playing on your phone.  Also, maybe it only works when connected to wifi, so if you're at a park, you'll be walking in silence...??  This renders the Spotify app useless, as the whole point is to be able to listen to music without needing to carry your phone.  I have been a customer for several years, but I am now looking at other smartwatch brands.  

Yachtwoman
First Steps

How could all of us be sooo wrong and Fitbit be right about dropping Pandora.  BIG mistake Fitbit.  BRING BACK our Pandora music.  All of has can deal with your terrible warranty and support with 'tough luck that your watch doesn't work' attitude--here's a discount for your to give us more of your money for another watch.  NO THANKS.  Just stop screwing with our hard-earned, carefully chosen product.  Bring back Pandora music!!!!!!!

Afox253
First Steps

I agree. Very very disappointing. I too am probably not getting another FitBit due to this decision. Bad call. 

ChrisGPA2
First Steps

So disappointed that Fitbit no longer supports Pandora, I bought earbuds and Pandora Premium just so I could listen to music on Fitbit during my walks. Apple Watch here I come.

Yachtwoman
First Steps
I completely agree that dropping Pandora was a BIG MISTAKE!!!! I purposely purchased my 3rd Fitbit for my workouts and shortly thereafter it was dropped. Wronged us all.

Don’t let your Fitbit fans down and make them regret their hard-earned purchase and following. Bring Pandora Back! PLEASE!!!

D P Smith

Sent from my iPad
kernsgibbs
First Steps

I just upgraded from my old Versa to a Versa 4, and was shocked to find Pandora is no longer available. I am a longtime Fitbit user, and never saw a reason to change to another brand, until now 

kernsgibbs
First Steps

I just upgraded my 1st gen Versa to a Versa 4, and was stunned to discover Pandora was no longer available. I assumed I was overlooking this important app. This is my 4th Fitbit, and I have never felt the need to buy an Apple Watch, until now. The Versa 4 is a great product, except for this important, glaring weakness.

What the heck was the thinking behind the decision?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.