Bring back "During Sleep" notification setting on Fitbit devices

With Charge HR, Charge 2 and Versa 1, there was a setting that will disable notification when the tracker detects you are sleeping or napping. Unfortunately, someone at Fitbit decided to remove this ever useful and handy option and instead wants us to manually start sleep mode or DND mode. Great for when we know we are going to sleep but what about those occasional nap or getting home too tired and just want to doze off time??! With my old watches I never had to worry but with the "new" Versa 2, I am seeing myself being awaken by the device notifications... so much for a device that want you to sleep well and keep in great health and shape? What happened here Fitbit??! I am not even talking about the bad charger design of the Versa 2.. taking away a near perfect charger and replacing it with something that cannot even sit flat on a table and shorter cable length!! I will live with the bad charger design but I think most of us who have upgraded will like to see you guys bring back the sleep notification setting!!!!!!!!!!

For those who are not sure what I am refering to, please see the link: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/fitbit/fitbit-versa/do-not-disturb-mode/

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

9 Comments
Mrscotland
Jogger

Fully agreed!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @virajem. Thanks for explaining how helpful it'd be to have the "During Sleep" notification setting back on our Fitbit products with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Corri15
First Steps

I agree completely with needing the “during sleep” option back. I have been losing sleep due to the notifications I received. If this option doesn’t return I will not be able to sleep with my Fitbit on anymore and will be forced to look at other options. This will mean cancelling my subscription to Fitbit premium. 

alison50ajs
First Steps

Really disappointed that this functionality has been taken away - baffling as to why you would take this step backwards Fitbit?  Also very frustrating that we have to collect likes to get such on obviously useful functionality reinstated?!!!

blueeagle
Recovery Runner
Why do we have to wake the Charge 5 to see why it's buzzing? Show notifications even when asleep, please. Just a glance at the screen should be all that is needed to find out why your tracker wants your attention. At least have the option.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @blueeagle, thanks for explaining how helpful it'd be to have the "During Sleep" notification setting. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

blueeagle
Recovery Runner

Okay, thanks - can you give a link to the place you moved it to, please?

cogo117
First Steps
When sleep mode is enabled it will prevent notifications being sent from your phone. My suggestion is to have the option to allow these notifications through to fitbit.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cogo117, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing notification on Fitbit devices when sleep mode is enabled. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.