Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
ThyJesster
First Steps

++ this app would be awesome. My aunt had a charge 2 with it, when I bought my charge 5 I saw it measured breathing rate and assumed it had this feature like Garmin and past models of itself. Disappointed it doesn't. I would use it often, more often then ecg or Eda. 

Kuiriel
First Steps

I'm so disappointed. This is the main reason my wife first got me a fitbit. The screen dimmed on each over time but I kept replacing them so I could use this feature to calm down. It helped with kids etc as well. 

Today I got the charge 5 instead of a garmin or galaxy watch, despite my misgivings about fitbit removing the desktop app etc.

But its gone.

I might as well return the device and get anything else. Honestly I just wish the screens wouldn't dim so I could use the old ones.

Please show that you're listening to your community and bring back the relax app.

lincolnloglady
First Steps

Yes! Please bring the Relax app to the Charge 5. Not having it is really stressing me out. 😬😬😬

Kuiriel
First Steps

If I need to go back to the store to return this, which versions of the fitbit will still have the relax app? 

Skyliner12
First Steps

This thread is over two years old and has over four hundred comments on it, I'm actually shocked.

I upgraded from a Charge 2 and this was one of my favorite features. The 5 has so many bells and whistles I don't intend on using, and the Relax feature was one of the largest draws before my Charge 2 died. If I'd known that the Relax app was unavailable I likely would've looked into another fitness tracker but it's too late now.

It's a feature that's useful for every user regardless of their fitness practices or usage; incredibly strange it's unavailable and Fitbit's not responded to anything in this thread.

9karen.smith
Jogger

I would have chosen another device if I’d realised this feature wasn’t available. It’s particularly galling for this to be advertised in app only to find it isn’t available. Why hasn’t this been resolved? 

CobraAce
Jogger

It appears to me that it would be a good idea if Fitbit would update the firmware for the charge 5 so that the Relax app could be once again available. Doesn't sound like it should be that difficult to do so. I haven't seen any response from Fitbit that indicates why it would be impossible to add this feature to the Charge 5. There seem to be a lot of loyal customers who appreciate the Relax app. 

ChiefBeef
First Steps
It’s not gonna happen. If you go back a bit in this thread you’ll see the
likely explanation why.

FitBit I hope you realize you’ve lost customers here. Can’t even be
bothered to give us a reply. Love being straight up ignored.
SedentaryRunner
Recovery Runner

My charge 5 battery is starting to fail. I am going to have to get a new fitness tracker soon. I have been using fitbit since 2015, but honestly without this feature … some of the garmin products look better. People have been posting to this forum for years and seems like fitbit is not listening… again makes me consider other products

herrand15
First Steps

Hello, I just got my charge 5 and feel like this is the most important thing missing on the tracker, I was expecting to have this functionality or something similar on the watch. I assume they will not bring it to the Charge 5 after 2 years but I would like to know if there is any update on this please.

ChiefBeef
First Steps
Hello, the update is that FitBit is wholly ignoring this request from all
these users. Someone has hypothesized that they have ceased working on the
Charge 5 in its entirety to focus on other projects.

they have not bothered to answer us at all here so we can assume that is
likely the case.
NothingCompares
First Steps

Didn't even check the Charge 5 before buying because I assumed the Relax app would be included. You have all these people requesting it. How about an update or a response? These are the people that made you successful-how about a little respect?

Jsegaloff
Jogger

The relax part of my Charge 3 was the only thing I used other than step and stair counting. On my "upgrade" to a Charge 5, all I do is count steps and check the time. I used the relax breathing in bed as I went to sleep...and it's not on my new Fitbit.

Kerbob97
First Steps

Between the ecg app always giving me bad results, the waterproofing issues, and the relax app not being included, I’m returning my Fitbit today.  When I add in the cost of the “premium” membership, there’s not that much difference between going ahead and getting the latest Apple Watch with a ton more features and reliability.  🤷‍:male_sign: 

Emilulu
First Steps

I'm pretty devastated its not there. My Charge 2 gave up the ghost when I tried to charge it last night and so I bought a charge five. But i chose the charge line BECAUSE i need the relax app. Desperately. The other lines felt like they didn't have the screen size for it. I suffer from near-dehabilitating panic attacks and the relax function is the thing that gets me through them. I bought this fitbit for the relax function. When I start getting heart palpitations and feel like I'm losing control, i turn of the relax function. when I finish a cycle I see my heart rate having dropped and I feel in control of my own body and the attack subsides.

Touching my phone when I'm freaking out just makes me spiral more. I'm honestly at this point hoping I can still return it to best buy.

Kuiriel
First Steps
I'm sure you can still return it.

The EDM feature doesn't look the same but will still let you add in your
current mood after you do a breathing exercise. It's not guided, but the
act of 'holding' the watch is better than nothing.

I'm really disappointed that they won't speak up to us about this and do
something. This is an opportunity to make their customers feel heard and
more loyal.

Next time I'll be seeking a product that has this feature, regardless of
brand.
Jeolive
First Steps
Bring Relax back to the Charge series. It was one of the more useful functions and you took it away!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jeolive, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing the Relax app back to Charge 5 with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

ChrisN22
First Steps

This request seems two years old - is Fitbit listening to its customers or are you indifferent?

Ginnyn
First Steps
Fitbit Charge 5 sends notifications in app but app doesn't provide Relax app on device.   So to answer your question, NO Fitbit is not listening to this community nor their customers.  (recently bought out by google so likely the reason!)  I sorely miss the Relax app and once my Charge 5 dies I will move onto another brand of fitness tracker as I'm done with Fitbit.  I've had to replace my Charge 2 and 4 models due to dimming display. Have regretted my upgrade to Charge 5 ever since finding no Relax app.
candiceemoe
Jogger

Screenshot_20230817_090906.jpg

 what a slap in the face from fitbit suggesting that I use the relax app WHEN ITS NOT EVEN AVAILABLE FOR THE CHARGE 5

Firereika
First Steps

Please bring relax to charge 5 

I loved it on charge 2

dariomonet
Jogger

since nobody from Fitbit is reading here, what's a good alternative for charge 5?

Tananana
First Steps

Very disappointed that this post is two years old, that Fitbit still shows Charge 5 as one of 15 devices that *can* use the Relax app, and that I just got a Charge 5. I got this for the small looking screen/size on wrist, step counter, heart monitor/bpm stuff and to try to manage stress. The Relax app sounds perfect but I can't have it for....reasons?

Please add this App for Charge 5! It's been 2 years since the 1st post and over 1k likes. Why isn't this available yet?? I tried the EDA scan thing today but it's the Relax app that I actually want!

KellyB23
Jogger

Please bring the relax app to the charge 5. The Charge shows it being available but yet it can’t be installed. It was a perfect guided breathing exercise to use daily. It was one of my fave things about the charge 3

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.