Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
Charchar1001
First Steps

I am so happy that the charge 5 has the edr feature but being able to use the relax app to actually do something once I know my stress level is high is essential. 

anihoo
First Steps

yes pls. i’m waiting for relax app too. 

Jitzumehtza
First Steps

I am in agreement here. I urge Fitbit to reinstate access to the relatively simple Relax app that has been incredibly useful for me on historical fit bit devices. There is no technical reason barring this app from being rolled out to the Charge 5. On the surface, it's omission definitely seems to incentivise users to continue premium mediation features through the Calm App. If true, this move is rather disappointing.

SpoonSir
First Steps

I don’t think I could recommend the charge 5 to anyone unless this feature is added

Pier21
First Steps

I agree with all the other Fitbit uses with being back the Relax App on the charge 5. My Charge 4 stopped working properly & so upgraded to the 5. My daughter uses this a bit a night, as she only has an Ace 2. I like using when feeling extra stressed or have trouble getting to sleep. 

Please bring back this app, not too fused over the weather as it never really worked properly on my Charge 4, but the Relax was excellent, as you can use it anywhere when you needed without picking your phone up. I like some the new features, but would rather 1 be sacrificed to bring this one back. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Not sure why the app is prompting me to use Relax when it isn’t even a feature on my Charge 5.  Fitbit continues to remove functionality as they invest more in constant style refreshes. 

Kyle.C
First Steps

There are 6 pages of support for this app. It really needs to come to Charge 5. Please!

- Former Charge 3 owner

riachsoup
First Steps

This is a must-have feature to be added to this piece of kit. I'd be curious to understand what the blockers are stopping this. Thinking of returning the charge 5 now as there are  other trackers at the same price point that do this and more.

willlllllllllll
First Steps

How many upvotes do you need before you will do this???

Mandi.p
First Steps

I'm still on the Charge 2.  I was super excited about how the Charge 5 is offering stress management tracking, then I found out that my favorite "on your wrist" deep breathing app is gone.  I'm in the military, I'm not allowed to have my phone in many places.  But I'm allowed to have my fitbit, and the Relax app was one of the best tools available for me.  I'd even put my watch on other people to help them calm down.  Please bring it back.

ValB85
First Steps

I strongly agree with this as well! My charge 3 had spotify and ac relax feature I strongly relied on. I genuinely wouldn't have purchased this fit bit had I realized those features weren't there. Please please bring these back!!

cookiecurls
First Steps

THIS!!

i just bought a Charge 5 to replace my old Blaze (too big and uncomfortable to wear daily) and was incredibly disappointed to see the Relax app was not available. There are times and places where getting out your phone to listen to a guided meditation are inappropriate— at my desk at work, for example. It was so convenient to have something right on my wrist that could lead me through just a brief breathing session to calm down. It seems ridiculous that it was removed, especially as other current models still have it and the Charge 5 is the most expensive/feature heavy tracker Fitbit has out right now.

Megabot
First Steps

I agree, this seems like a very beneficial app and I don’t understand why it is not included on the charge 5. This is a relatively new device which I would expect to have updated, modern features and options to help customers/users. With the amount of money paid for these devices and services, along with the promotional messages I get from FitBit about how I should try the Relax feature but don’t have access to it, it is a little frustrating feeling like I am missing out on something that has been marketed to be beneficial. Please add this app as an option for charge 5. Thank you. 

kculler
First Steps

I too am issuing the relax feature. VERY SAD it was not on my new Charge 5. It helped me sleep.

Eeven
Jogger

Why add stress detection and also remove a tool to manage stress?? This seems ridiculous. I honestly would have held off upgrading from Charge 5 to Charge 5 if I had known this was not available. 

----------

From 3 to 5*

PauloSilvan
Jogger

Wow so many user asking for this app to be added and still no action being taken from Fitbit team on simply adding this relax app? Really disappointing!!! I really love it from my he charge 3 and was a downer to see it is not include or available to installed even having the chance to see it in the app gallery!! please add it! this is way better and useful feature to calm down and lower the stress rather the EDA scan where u have to hold the device for the all process. Hope this will be implementing soon! Thanks!

Sklep
First Steps

I agree. I also find it frustrating that I checked the device compatibility for the relax (and weather) app and both are listed as compatible with the charge 5. In the Gallery theres also a mock up of the relax app for the charge 5 that makes it look available. I had it on my charge 2 and 4 and when I used the chat support they said it was only available on smartwatches right now. 

Jules1012
First Steps

Please bring the Relax App back to the charge 5. I feel like for a lot of people the charge 5 is nearly useless without the relax app. I mean it‘s such a great divice but I‘m really really disapointed with the fact that it does not come with the relax app. EDA Scan is nice but..

also as many others alread mentioned: why is there a relax app in the app store but you can not download it on the charge 5? I mean…thats a bit silly, right? 

Beckstar2009
First Steps

I strongly agree with this feature recommendation.  I do breathing exercises almost every day and would love to be able to utilize my Fitbit Charge 5 for assistance. 

Jamiep324
First Steps

Completely agree with need for the Relax app.  Relaxation is a large part of health & wellness.  

EChandler
First Steps

Fitbit clearly does not care about this feature and it’s users. Sad to see this thread being a waste of time. 

ChiefBeef
First Steps

Please give us an update on this that isn’t some copypasta @LizzyFitbit or any other mod here. This app helped with my anxiety (and obviously many others) when I couldn’t look at my phone and I can’t understand why it can’t be added in some shape or form. It literally just buzzes when it’s time for you inhale and exhale.

It has obviously upset a lot more users than just me. Please provide an update.

We’re 7 pages deep on this thread with literally zero input on why this isn’t being addressed. This is beyond pathetic. Guess I won’t be buying any more fitbits huh?

Ginnyn
First Steps

I've had fitbit charge 3 and fitbit charge 4 and used the relax function daily.  I was so excited to purchase my charge 5 only to be disappointed to find that the Relax app is no longer offered?  That's a move in the wrong direction.  

CodyWanKenibi
First Steps

Agree. I would use this all the time with my Charge 5. I struggle with regulating my breathing (lol) and a good reminder to do so would be amazing for me. Especially an app like this that can guide my breathing 

JimTomlinson
First Steps

Yes, please bring this app to the Charge 5!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.