Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
_Alyse_
First Steps

I hope Fitbit will bring this to charge 5!  I can’t see why they wouldn’t include such a useful feature.  I have a charge 5 and didn’t know this feature existed on other watches until I saw one of the daily Fitbit suggestions that appear at the top of the home page suggest that I use Fitbit relax. How unfair that now you’ve made me want to do a thing that I can’t 

PutzinBoots
First Steps

I haven't seem comments on this topic that are more recent. I'm a new fitbit user. One reason I got the device was stress management...to be more aware of my breathing, heart rate, tiggers, and to find ways to deal more effectively with job stress. Sounds like the relax app would be a great feature but it's not available on the Charge 5. It's not exactly a good solution to use my mobile device to access these features. That mobile device is part of the problem. Please consider bringing this feature (back) to the Charge 5.

Nfo737
First Steps

I was going to buy my daughter the new Charge 5 because her Charge 4 stopped working, but she doesn’t want it without the relax app. There are many people out there who suffer from anxiety, and having this app available on their wrist at the touch of a button is very useful. I’m going to try to find a new or refurbished Charge 3 or 4 for her, and hope to see this added to the 5 in the near future.  Please bring it back. 

KaseyCallahan
Jogger

I LOVED the relax app on my charge 4! I used it on my breaks at work, it was really helpful to not have the distraction of my phone near me. I understand you have to pick and choose what’s available on each watch & I love Fitbit! This was really a bummer though, it would be awesome to switch out the scan for the relax app! 

isayhoomhom
First Steps

I've had the Charge 5 for a little less than a week and I really like it for the most part. It's the first Fitbit model I've owned. I am disappointed about this Relax app issue. Any buggy software annoys me, but it's especially frustrating when the sales literature promises a feature and then it turns out it's not offered. It's even more annoying to keep getting reminds in the iOS Fitbit app to use Relax, when I can't. Since this has been apparently going on for a year and a half, it doesn't look as though Fitbit/Google plan on doing anything about it. Phone customer service's line is that we just have to wait for an update to the Charge 5 software. Sure. I'm not holding my breath. It's not enough for me to return the Charge 5; I like the rest of its features. An Apple Watch is significantly more expensive, and there don't seem to be other Fitbit models in this price point with similar or better features. I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has found a better option. 

One more vote for bringing the Relax app to the Charge 5.

pushupman
First Steps

The Relax app was a great app on the previous FitBit versions.  Please bring it back as it is helpful to wind down at the end of the day and prepare to go to sleep.

CallMeMrPig
First Steps

I was so disappointed today when I went to my Fitbit app and it said use the relax app to wind down etc. Thinking that that meant they added it for the charge. 5. I went to the app store for the charge 5 and found that it was not available still. So disappointing.

leahm1089
First Steps

It's so strange and disappointing to me that Fitbit would remove well-liked features from a new device that all of the older ones had. When you replace something with the newest model, it's not supposed to be a downgrade. 

IronAndrew
First Steps

Was just gifted a Charge 5 and was super ecstatic to begin using it having upgraded from a Charge 2. Good thing I held onto my trusty old Charge 2 as if I didn't I'd have no relax app available. Quite disappointing. Don't think there's anyway to to log non interval workouts either.

MommaKnows
First Steps

I concur!! PLEASE!! Bring back relax app. I could do without the EDA Scan, me personally. I know u can customize the scan, but I cannot do 3 min. Sometimes 2 min to completely be still is too long. Please please PLEASE!! RELAX BACK!!

Mpersson89
First Steps

Like many others I saw the relax app in the gallery and thought it sounded like a good idea. The original post has over 1000 likes now, @LizzyFitbit does this feedback reach the developers?

I'm not a programmer, but I'm guessing that Fitbit doesn't reinvent the wheel for each new product, so a feature that has worked on previous models shouldn't be that hard to get to work on a newer, right? Given that it's (still) available in the gallery makes me think it was a feature that was intended to be included, so why is still not fixed.

IronAndrew
First Steps
I wasn't aware that it was broken and not added just not added. Then
again I'm not a developer. I will say minus that I'm liking this in every
other respect as even I was able to figure out and order the correct
workouts to my liking. Though in the process I discovered there is no
altimeter and now I know why it's not tracking my stairs when I go up and
down multiple ones a day.

Still, if they just added the relax app that's all I'd want to be
completely satisfied.
dariomonet
Jogger

any news about breathing app? it's sounds so weird that cheaper tracker like Inspire 3 have that.

I recently purchased the "Charge 5" for ECG and stress sensors mainly, but they are not very useful for everyday use. I would have loved the breathing or a meditation timer instead! It's a real pity! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

You right dariomonet Jogger. It is pity as product.

I cannot use for pomodoro, cannot use for multiple custom routine of HIIT, always need the app to synchronize a need routine, O2 sensor only at night and after one week. 

You can do a lot better if Amazon watch for 1/4 of the price and they all got breathe app. 

Moderator edit: format

ahtous
First Steps

Yes, bring this back. I actually switched to the Halo watch from Amazon so I could check this. Since Amazon is retiring all Halo products on July 31, 2023, I came back to the Charge 5 due to it's similar size to the Halo. 

Emkope
First Steps

As a Deaf person, who has owned 2 previous Fitbits (Charge 3 and Versa) and used the Relax feature almost DAILY to support my meditation practice, I am incredibly dismayed that you've removed Relax from the Charge 5.  Why? Because 99% of all the other guided meditation apps on the market are AUDIO-BASED, which I CANNOT ACCESS.  And then when I had a fantastic, haptic solution to this issue that I used for years, it is now taken away for apparently no good reason???  This becomes an ACCESSIBILITY issue and quite frankly pisses me off. Has Fitbit actually considered that the Relax app could be a selling point for all the Deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing impaired people out there who cannot use Calm or any of the other popular meditation apps or even free youtube videos??? 

And like so many other people have mentioned already, having the app featured in the Fitbit "app store" and yet unavailable to download as an option just adds salt to this already stinging wound. :(.  I even signed up for the Premium membership for this app alone thinking that it would become available to me as a Premium member, only to find that it is still not downloadable. 

PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the Relax app - and I've wanted to request that more time options be added too, like 10 minutes, 20 minutes, one hour even!!!

KarenLA
Recovery Runner

Please add!

Ace222
First Steps

Please bring back the guided breathing for charge 5. I have been a loyal Fitbit user for many years (over a decade) and used to have this feature on my previous watch. It is so useful for stress and the best way to keep consistent. Everything these days seems to be pay more and get less than you used to. I and I Believe many others that may not voice on this forum would appreciate this feature being added back as a general part of your Fitbit watch like it used to be.

Dabirdman101
First Steps
I'm done with my watch. I watch daily this thread grow with more and more
frustrated past relax app users asking to bring app back.

Well I'm done. Hello Samsung.
ChiefBeef
First Steps
They’re completely ignoring this. It’s like yelling into a void for
something that should be able to do some relatively quickly. I haven’t
gotten more than a canned response.

Fitbit, if this is the way you treat your customers I’m not getting another
one. What a dumb thing to do and then ignore people pleading to get past
features back.
Ginnyn
First Steps
Does Samsung have an app like Fitbit's Relax app?  If so I may switch too!  Please advise!
UlrikeDG
Runner
Yes, there's a breathing tile inside the Samsung Health app.

--
Ulrike (she/her)
via mobile
Naynay427
First Steps

This was my favorite feature from my last Fitbit. I am sad that I cannot relax with this guided breathing exercise on my Charge 5. I would have considered a different watch if I had known I could not use this feature any more! The relax app is important to me because I cannot use my phone to listen to a guided meditation in the middle of a work day. I hope this feature will be available soon! 

Ace222
First Steps
Yes!

Lisa
bamicon
First Steps
Is anyone from Fitbit going to respond to any of these posts? I am assuming that since there have been thousands of posts from Fitbit owners asking for the relax app to return, and Fitbit has not responded, that Fitbit is not going to do anything? It would be courteous for Fitbit to let its customers know either way.

Brian Amicon
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.