Bring the Smart Wake feature to Inspire 2

Though the new Inspire 2 gives insight in sleep stages, the Smart Wake feature is absent. Other Fitbit activity trackers (for example the Charge 4) do have this feature which allows the user to be woken up at the best moment given the sleep stages.
124 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @fitjasper, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Smart Wake feature to Inspire 2. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

nh97103
Recovery Runner

Agreed! I would love to see smart wake make its way to the Inspire 2.

th3Borg
Jogger

As a matter of fact, I feel it borders on misrepresentation that the Inspire 2 doesn't have smart wake. The features list on the website makes it seem as if the sleep-features on the Inspire 2 are the same if not more extensive than those of the Charge 4. The Inspire 2 lists 4 separate sleeping-features whereas the Charge lists only 1.

I think not having smart wake is such a huge omission on the Inspire 2 that I'm considering returning it if the feature isn't added soon via a software update.

fitjasper
Jogger

Thank you for your vote and comment @th3Borg! When I purchased the Inspire 2, I indeed assumed it would ship with Smart Wake. After all, it advertises with many sleep features among which tracking sleep stages. For me, there wasn't a reason to question the availability of Smart Wake. It was only after arrival that I found it wasn't there.

I'm glad to hear this function is not only important to me - in fact, I've already put the tracker in its box to return it, though I'm still hoping for news on a software update.

I hope this will get Fitbit's attention.

th3Borg
Jogger

I mean: it's just a software update, right? It's not like the Charge 4 has any hardware that's required for smart wake that the Inspire 2 doesn't have. I don't need the internal GPS-tracking or the NFC-chip that comes with the Charge 4. I do need smart wake, because one of my primary reasons for buying this was to improve my sleep habits. The Charge also didn't come with smart wake but they fixed that later with a firmware update.

Shouldn't be hard to do for the Inspire 2.

Sarah_Fit
Recovery Runner

I would update my old charge 2 and buy the inspire 2 once it gets the smart wake!

Waking up relaxed and not tired is essential for your fitness the whole day, so I consider it really beneficial.

Rockxxy29
First Steps

Yesss, I agree!....Please!!! I'd love to see smart wake feature on inspire 2. It would make it very a complete tracker, besides the fact that it's beneficial to wake up at the right moment, feeling well rested and energized. 

da5nsy
Jogger

I also had assumed that this feature was available for the Inspire 2 and will probably be returning the product shortly.

th3Borg
Jogger

I returned my Inspire 2 and exchanged it for a Charge 4. And I'm very happy with the exchange since the Charge 4 actually does everything it promises.

Khammer89
Jogger

Yes, this is a feature that needs to be added to Inspire 2. Let's vote this thing up to get some traction on this. 

"*Sleep stages, Sleep Score and Smart Wake are available only on trackers and watches with heart rate tracking."

In Fitbit's own words, this tracker should be able to support this feature based on the disclosure and description they use. Slap an update on this bad boy so we can wake up smarter!

I look forward to having this feature on my Inspire 2. 

Karolinz
Jogger

I also would like to see this feature on my Inspire 2.

Sarah_Fit
Recovery Runner

Please bring the smart wake feature to the Inspire 2. It is much smaller than the charge 4 and can be worn to bed more easily!

Kiernla
Base Runner

Yes, please add Smart Wake to the Inspire 2! One of the selling points for me was the list of sleep features, so I too am surprised Smart Wake isn't available.

nemaca
First Steps

Couldn't agree more with this. It's almost cruel to provide all the other features that show me why I'm feeling groggy for waking up at the wrong point in my sleep cycle, but with no way to harness that information through smart wake!

Sunaga
Jogger

I literally bought the Inspire 2 because after really looking through the specs, I understood that it has smart wake. But it doesn't.

It was the one feature that I really wanted.

Khammer89
Jogger

We are getting some traction on this, everyone share with all your inspire 2 friends! We need more up votes and comments!!

larsjonathan
Jogger

One of the main reasons to buy a fitbit inspire is the accurate sleep monitoring function. I can't see nor understand why the smart wake is not available on the inspire 2! Please consider adding this feature on the fitbit inspire 2. Otherwise I see no solution other than retourning it and go for a different brand. 

kind regards lars

HankF12
First Steps

The Inspire 2 is my first FitBit device and I bought it specifically because I thought it had Smart Wake, and thought it would be a good cost-effective replacement for my old Pebble with Sleep as Android.

Really hope Smart Wake gets implemented, otherwise I'll probably just return it and go back to my Pebble until something else comes along.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @larsjonathan. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding the Smart Wake function on your Inspire 2 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

larsjonathan
Jogger

I absolutely agree, pls add this function! It would improve the inspire 2  so much! This was my main reason to buy the inspire 2

kind regards lars

kurtkraemer
First Steps

Dear Fit Bit Team, I bought the inspre 2 a few day ago and I spent hours seraching for the smart wake function only to find out it is not available on the inspire 2. I am very sad about this beacause the smart wake function was THE Reason for me to purchase this product. I don't have the money for a more expensive Tracker or an smart watch. Even the guy guy selling me this product told me the smart wake would be on the inspire 2. 

So now I hope a lot you would consider adding the smart wake to the inspire 2. 

Kurt

haans
First Steps

Hello Fit Bit Team

please bring the smart wake function to the inspire 2, This would be great. I bought the inspire 2 as a gift for my little brother because he was looking for a smart wake.. plese help me and add this feature so I don't have to return it.

@fit Bit Team are you reading this?! if so can vou tell me if this idea is possible 

selina.e
First Steps

I bought the inspire 2 to start a new and healthy life. So the smart wake would be a great oppertunety to help me reaching my goal.

selina

manujohnson
First Steps

hey there, 

It would make me and all the other fitbit inspire 2 owners happy if you would add the smart wake on the inspire 2!:)

Jomaki
First Steps

Fitbits already measure sleep stages very accurately, so this feature would make those measurements even more useful. I already enjoy getting up with a silent alarm and waking up at the right moment would be so much better. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.