Bring the old food log interface back.

It appears that the food log input format changed today (2/13/18). Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? The new format is much more cumbersome in my opinion. I prefer the original format. Any input/comments/recommendations welcome!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

239 Comments
grim1959
Stepping Up

Sorry - meant 2/13/19!

flyboy97
Jogger

I agree, it is more cumbersome. I like the simplicity of the original. For this one I have to switch from screen to screen to get all my info.

PLeeC
Recovery Runner

I don't like it either. It does not clearly show portion amounts in relation to energy provided. Simple & clear is better.

kat1574
Jogger

They tried this a couple of months ago, and there were other posts about how awful it is. 

Seriously, when I go into my food log, I don't need to see a giant graph showing how I've done over the past month, I need to see my food log! Why are all of my Favorited foods hidden away in condensed menus on the side? Why do I have to scroll through multiple lists to find what I want to add rather than having them in a nice neat list like they were before? This new version has too many useless elements on screen, and hides away the actually helpful objects halfway down the page, or in collapsible menus at the side.

All I want to do is log my food! I have an extensive list of favorites that has most of what I eat, why aren't those easily accessible?

The one and only improvement is the ability to add Quick Calories. But I can do that through the app if I need to.

This new interface is just a train wreck! It looks nice at first glance, but there is too much wasted space filled with pretty graphs that are almost entirely useless.

Please Fitbit team, please: don't keep this new interface.

MisterRDZ
Jogger

I've just seen it for the first, and probably last time! If it isn't returned to the original layout I won't be back to using this site and my next purchase of a fitness tracker certainly won't be a Fitbit product.

Muerte55
Recovery Runner

I found that way too at first, but once you get used it, it will grow on you. 

Muerte55
Recovery Runner

And again...leave it this way don't change it please !!

MisterRDZ
Jogger

They should stick to the KISS principal; if it wasn't broke, why did they "fix" it? I don't want to spend more than a few seconds logging my intake; that's not going to happen in the new layout. I can appreciate that everyone has preferences - this new layout is not one of mine, so I'll probably begin the process of looking for a new fitness tracker, or continue to use my current Fitbit but just ignore their web page. I certainly won't recommend a Fitbit to anyone.

bobwoodey
Recovery Runner

The new format is horrible. There should be an option of the old version. This has put me off fitbit and will no longer use their products if the old version is not made available. Why can they not leave anything alone and always alter a trusted and used format.

Stump-grinder
Stepping Up

This isn't going to work. Takes SOOOOOO much longer to "Quickly" log food and the notes section is gone! The notes are where I log all of my Blood Sugar reading compared to my food intake....Kind of IMPORTANT!!!

Naveman
Jogger

I'm just here to add to the "this is an awful new layout" point of view.

It is awful. It takes 2-3 times just to add the foods that I eat every day.

Please switch it back.  It was awful months ago when they changed it, and it still is.

Husbone
Walker

I have been using the food log diligently since May of 2013.  This new food log layout can't suck enough.  Please go back to the old format or at least offer an option to do so. 

Jaackal
First Steps

I've been using this app to successfully help me lose 3.5 stones over the last 9 months but please change back to the old interface. Having to constantly scroll down beyond the stupid giant graph is annoying beyond belief. If you want to put the graph on, the shove it at the bottom! We just want to log our food and frankly see how many calories we've got left.

vickijane
First Steps

Totally agree with kat154 and Mister RDZ.   COMPLETELY disgusted with the new site.   I used to devote enough time to logging food anyway, now it has totally discouraged me from following it at all!   Bring back the old format!

OldCorpsBrian
Jogger

Change it back to the way it was before.  It was simpler and easier to navigate.
If people want to go deeper into the weeds for their information it's available with the previous format.  I don't need to see all of that info and do all of that extra navigation to log my food.

Klaud76
Recovery Runner

I agree with all of you.

Actually the new layout is not that bad, the problem is that it is at least 3 times slower to load food details. It's awful (for example) that i have to re-select the meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner...) EVERY time i add a new food. Or that I can't add a favourite food directly into a meal, like in the old version. Please give (AT LEAST) the opportunity of using the old layout.

Jaackal
First Steps

And I've just discovered that we can no longer add new foods!!! WTF Fitbit?

csajane
Jogger

I do not like this new log,at all.Smiley Sad

csajane
Jogger

This new log is way too confusing.

csajane
Jogger

Why would they want to change something that was working just fine?

DuncanH
Jogger

Must agree with others, far prefer the old layout. I appreciate that most people, including me, don't like change but this is not a good change as said too cumbersome,  old layout was quick and simple.

Husbone
Walker

Does anybody from the Fitbit organization ever post here?  If so, when do you suppose we will get their feedback?

euboean
Recovery Runner

It is NOT user-friendly. It is cumbersome and poorly designed! Please go back to prior format!

Hawkmanz28
Jogger

Are we back to this lousy interface again? The Community didn't like it the first time around. Way too much scrolling for "Recent Foods" and others. Go back to the Original. 

Naveman
Jogger

Also, I can't stand that it doesn't allow you to click and drag foods between categories.  If I accidentally add a food to breakfast, it takes several additional clicks to move it. I know it is a minor thing, but it is annoying when it worked better before...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.