Built-in GPS for Versa

Every fitnes tracker should come with built-in GPS. It is very uncomfortable to take your phone when you go running. In this case the the Versa would be the perfect watch. And even the built-in storage for music would make sense. Now it does not because you have to take your phone with you anyway so why bother with transferring music to watch. Just make a built-in GPS version, people will pay slightly more for it.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

40 Comments
jmr3
Recovery Runner

Yes please to adding GPS! I would have bought the Versa immediately, and replaced my Apple watch with it, if it had built-in GPS. I swim in open water, and I like those routes to be tracked, but that is not possible with the Versa unless I bring my phone swimming! And definitely people want the ability to run without their phone. I typically run with my phone, but in races I sometimes don't want to bring it because it's bulky and takes up valuable pocket space.

Audrey1705
Jogger

Whether in-built or mini to be attached to strap, a GPS tracker is a must on a fitness watch!

Khazizi92
First Steps

Please upgrade fitbit versa on screen and put gps and glonas in the watch im very sure everyone like it and im ready to buy if fitbit versa have a gps and with a tough screen 

Jfi91
First Steps
Spoiler
Add onboard GPS to devices instead of connected GPS as it is uncomfortable and sometimes impractical to have to carry your phone on runs.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jfi91, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. You might be interested in this other request: More Tracker with built-in GPS. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Cbarney
First Steps

Really don’t care for the look of the icon but the versa doesn’t have a built in GPS.

please add a Versa with a built in GPS so I can upgrade from my surge.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cbarney , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

sparkles4
Tempo Runner

Would be nice to have built in GPS on the Versa or any new version.  This way you can leave your phones at home.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sparkles4, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit Versa. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

DafneC
First Steps
I love my Fitbit Versa but my friend has a fitbit ionic en he loves that he has a build-in GPS.
Can you make a new fitbit Versa with build-in GPS --> I love the versa so I don't want to buy another but the versa, so a build-in GPS in the Versa would be nice!
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DafneC, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about making a Fitbit Versa with built-in GPS, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

mrslkw
Recovery Runner
The Versa should have on-board GPS. The lack of on-board GPS is annoying, to say the least, especially considering that the smartwatch one step above (Ionic, which I consider body and unattractive), and the tracker one step below the Versa (Charge 4, right now) both have it.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mrslkw. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding built-in GPS to the Versa Smartwatches. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion about making a Versa version with built-in GPS. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the newest Versa 3. You can track your pace and distance during exercises without having your phone handy. You can find more details about this watch here.

@ZancH, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.