Canadian Debit Cards Compatible with Fitbit Pay

I would love to see Fitbit pay compatible with debit cards in Canada, not just the major credit cards. 

19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @SunsetRunner! Having the option to use the debit card would be really helpful as not all the people uses credit cards. I hope it will get many votes! Robot Happy

A.kansal
Jogger

My suggestion is to put a option to add Simplii financial debit/credit cards to Fitbit wallet app ( 90% of people in Canada will know what I’m talking about) 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @A.kansal! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree. I specifically got the Versa SE for the Fitbit pay and was disappointed to see limited Canadian credit cards. I bank with simplii financial 

A.kansal
Jogger

Yeah Canada always gets the shorter end of the stick by American companies 

Yourstruly
First Steps

I would also like to see more Canadian banks and debit cards added to the list of compatibility. I specifically purchased the Versa SE for this option. I sincerely hope that The Bank of Nova Scotia will be added to the list very very soon. Thanks!

czaytoun
First Steps

I’m with BMO and I wish to see debit/credit cards too. (Canada)

I’m also with HSBC UK and it isn’t on the list either. I wish I could use the debit for that bank as well. 

Paula001
First Steps

There should certainly be more banks for Canada! I was honestly shocked, as this was a major selling feature for me to buy the Charge 3 SE.
CIBC, Simplii, BMO, TD, Scotiabank, HSBC should already be part of the list. 

I also agree with the other folks here that both debit and credit cards should be supported. Google Pay has more options for payment but I want the convenience of using my fitbit and not fumbling for my phone in my purse or backpack all the time.

KrtekMaster
First Steps

Fitbit - SO disappointed on the serious lack of banks that are listed for the wallet in Canada.  Says to me that Fitbit really doesn't care about us at all.  What a let down.  Looks like this issue has been on the forum for over a year. I'm thinking I should have gotten the apple watch now.  Prove me wrong Fitbit and get your game together.  #CANADAFAIL

A.kansal
Jogger

Fitbit shut down the forum “add Simplii debit card to wallet” because of “inactivity” 

they just don’t care about us Canadians and same with apple 

elevtechlift
Jogger

I agree to include INTERAC Debit! Also not every place accepts Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. I hope INTERAC is watching this thread and if INTERAC is supported, I also hope it works beyond just NFC payments (e.g. in-app payments such as transit card reload/pass renewal, etc.). I wonder if Fitbit approached INTERAC yet (INTERAC contact info under "If you are a business and need support for"). Or has INTERAC approached Fitbit?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I would like to suggest Canadian debit cards being able to be used for Fitbit pay. I've tried to put my bank and it says it's not supported so would love to see debit/credit being supported and I'm sure other Canadians would love it as well. Hope to see it soon 🙂
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Canadian debit/credit cards. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

FitBhatescanada
First Steps

Fitbit must just hate Canada and Canadians. We’ve been asking for wider Fitbit pay compatibility and all Fitbit does is have a moderator comment that they hope we get it soon. This does nothing but tell Canadians that we are an after though by major companies. I bought my watch specifically for the pay feature, and shocker, nothing I have is compatible with it. 

A.kansal
Jogger

Lmaooo **ahem** this company bro I just bought an Apple Watch it’s so much better. Ionic is a toddler and the Apple Watch is Godzilla 

Tslozackc
Jogger

Purchased a Versa 3 with Fitpay as a selling point and it’s not only completely incompatible with Canadian Banks but also doesn’t even give you the option to remove the app, so now it’s just taking up screen space. Seriously regretting this purchase over an Apple watch for anyone reading. 

MyBigMac
Jogger

Why can’t I addd my Canadian RBC debit bank card to the new Fitbit Sense I just purchased?  I use it way more than my credit card?

MyBigMac
Jogger

Any updates as to when my new Fitbit Sense will allow Amazaon music?

mrscvijetic
First Steps

Please add more bank options or credit card options for Fitbit Pay in Canada. Either that or allow us to use Google Pay.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.