Challenges with Friends

I have had my Fitbit One for a couple of weeks and love it.  It links to all the other Apps I need it to and I have been showing it to everyone.   I have had at least 20 of my freinds order one and most if them are very competitive. 

I would like to see more data available about friends, if they choose to share it as well as competitions and challenges with them.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

17 Comments
Thornton
Jogger

Yes I would also like to see this. You would think that this would be a standard deal like most other workout apps have out there.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for the suggestion! As we speak, our team is taking a closer look at this idea.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I hope to see the possibility to challenge more than 10 friends at the time in a challenge. I think this is way to limited since the ones that are invied can invite more people and it can quickly grow alot (if it wasn't limited to 10). Please consider this to when redesigning the challenges.

Being able to see more information about friends directly within the mobile application is also wanted 🙂

CheChristi
Recovery Runner
How about how many steps they took today. I ask everyone all the time. I suppose I could do the math. Take a screenshot in the AM then compare at nite but I'm not obsessed. (Maybe a little bit)
techjunkie860
Recovery Runner
How about different challenges. Steps are nice but Calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes, etc. Would make for great challenges.
KatMorg2
First Steps

I agree with techjunkie860!  Definitely would love different challenges because steps are great but so are all of the other activities the Fitbit allows users to track.  Let us compete on all the activities.  The challenges are a GREAT motivation tool! 

DaSho75
Jogger
I agree! I love the challenges myself, just as you said we use them to motivate each other. But would love to push and challenge my family and friends to do more than just take steps. Waiting on Fitbit to create a challenge or an option where we can customize/create our own challenges to push each other to meet all our goals and beyond.
SamuelPegg
Jogger
How about allowing users to create custom challenges. For example, first to complete 10 miles, most floors climbed in a week, or most steps taken during the month. Also I suggest creating a "rematch" option that reselects the same challenge and invites the same players back
susanranda
Stepping Up

Please, let us see friends DAILY steps, not just the last 7 days.

Fresh
First Steps
I like the idea that "SamuelPegg" states above. I have a family full of fitness nuts and we want to be able to track who would reach 1million steps first in a 2 month period. I looked at the community section but it does not allow the owner to add a goal and track where each member of that goal ranks. The existing challenges are fine but they do not allow you to track longer than a week.
Status changed to: Released
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @Macgraw! Thank you for taking the time to share your request. I don't know if you are aware but now you are able to access challenges using the Fitbit app. This has been a huge step in trying to connect users with their friends and do a healthy competition. Here is an article that explains more how this works.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum. Thanks!

Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @Macgraw! Thank you for taking the time to share your request. I don't know if you are aware but now you are able to access challenges using the Fitbit app. This has been a huge step in trying to connect users with their friends and do a healthy competition. Here is an article that explains more how this works.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum. Thanks!

Lisa1989
First Steps
Hi I know this is a bit old but i would like to see other challenges with friends other then the steps. Maybe added in a stairs challenge or water challenge. Mix it up so we are not doing the same old challenges every week. This could cause people to lose interest fast.
Lisa1989
First Steps
Same as I stated above.
Westerj
Base Runner

Please support Linux users. There are millions of us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.