Change design and color of the Ace 2

I've been looking for a fitness tracker for my 11 year old and finding it very difficult. The Fitbit Ace 2 fits all the function criteria and the strap size is small enough. The big problem is that it looks like it is made for a toddler and not any child over 8 years old. The design is not cool but babyish with block pastel colours. My son would have found this embarrassing when he was 8 let alone 11. Please update your design for older kids.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MissWood, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about changing the design and colors for the Ace 2 bands with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Please know that the Inspire bands will fit on the Ace 2. In case you're interested in them, please check the Inspire's family lookbook and use the sizing guide to see how it'll fit his wrist. Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

camerono
First Steps

I don't know about other people's kids, but my 10yo and 6yo seem to want to look more like mini-adults than kids. The current colors and bands available on the Ace/Ace2 are all bright or covered in garish patterns. The kids just want something stylish on their wrist - plain black, dark blue, something like that. Could you make something for kids that doesn't make them look like they're wearing something designed for a 3yo?

camerono
First Steps

@MissWood I just posted a very similar suggestion before I saw yours.  I totally agree - my 6yo and 10yo are desperate for a Fitbit but they hate the colors/patterns available on the kids devices.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @camerono, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

MissWood
First Steps

@camerono Yes it seems that the design doesn't reflect today's tween generation. Kids want to look cool and more 'adult' at a much younger age, perhaps the effect of the internet and all different kinds of media exposure. In the end i bought a Fitbit Inspire (black) - while not perfect in terms of function, looked cool enough for my son to wear and the strap was small enough.

Jure86
First Steps

Thank you for suggesting this. I actually ended up purchasing the Ace instead of the Ace 2 because of the design of it. I have two daughters one that is 10 and the other is about to turn 10 and they would not like the Ace 2 design. 

Cadogmom
First Steps

I agree with this too. We are good with functionality of the Ace 2 although had thought it tracked swimming but many design limitations starting with avatars on the profile and no photo options for my 10yo

Status changed to: Not currently planned
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.