Charity Miles Integration

I would love to see Fitbit bring the Charity Miles app into the family of compatible apps that can sync with workouts. I run with the Ionic and I don't carry my phone, so I can't sync my runs with Charity Miles to donate my distance.

Moderator Edition: Labels

72 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

carronstar
First Steps

I would love to see this. I know I have lost a lot of steps/fundraising because the Fitbit is attached to me but the phone isn't!

yarn612
Recovery Runner

Since it appears that fitbit is not going to do another "fit for good", it would be nice to have the apps "Walk For A Dog" and "Charity Miles" available under apps and sync with fitbit. I have already earned my olympian sandal, so walking for charity keeps me motivated. On Walk For A Dog, I walk for a local Shepherd rescue that rescues, fosters, and adopts out Shepherds from  the Las Vegas area. On Charity Miles, I walk for several non-profit organizations: ASPCA, WWF, ALS association, Stand Up To Cancer, Wounded Warrior, Alzheimer's Association, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, HSUS, Special Olympics, to name a few.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

AmandaPDX
First Steps

Me too! I've been using my fitbit religiously as I'm trying to get back in shape, and I was excited to see that my work has teamed up with Charity Miles for a fitness challenge in September to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation.  Unfortunately, Charity Miles will only give me credit for steps logged on my phone's pedometer, which I don't find to be very accurate anyway.  Would love for the app to sync with my fitbit!  

Vmorey
First Steps

I agree with the other users.  It would be great if Fitbit and Charity Miles and other charitable apps partnered.  I never take my phone to workout and now I have to lug it with me.  I am however always wearing my fitbit.

ReaganSoCal
First Steps

Echoing the points already made, this integration would be a perfect addition! I'm in the minority as I do keep my phone with me during my workout, but more for the music and distance ques. I have the Fitbit & Charity Miles apps running (which doubles the data and battery usage) and have found that the distances vary between the two apps as they both use different technologies. I want to ensure every step counts when I'm giving to charity, so please consider adding this app as an option to sync with!

bcp823
First Steps

Please integrate with Charity Miles and walk for a dog!

CMB397
First Steps

Agreed.  I wear a fitbit so I don't have to use my phone to track step and miles.  Charity miles is a great way to make a difference.  Hope fitbit and charity miles can start to work together.

KJC0204
First Steps

Yes please integrate with Charity Miles! The purpose of the Fitbit is to allow me to run hands free but then I can’t run for charity!

juliejolesch
First Steps

yes please add it

Haileyh
First Steps

I would love to see this happen! It is long overdue.

BigMikeyVegas
First Steps

According to Gene from Charity Miles, this is something that they are working on, but have not yet accomplished. I would also like to see this happen. I have issues with my current charity miles app due to indoor and outdoor activity on the same walk. It only registers the part i choose, unless I carry two devices or switch back and forth in the app. 

ToddE
Recovery Runner

Anyone know how far off they are form accompanying this?

jerseydcs
Jogger

I would love to see the charity miles app available on fitbit!!  It would give me the extra motivation I need to meet my step goal each day.  

ToddE
Recovery Runner

Does Fitbit have anything like it?

Johnpungo
First Steps

I use Charity Miles daily.  I have not purchased a new fitbit since my last one bit the dust, but I would if it connected to Charity Miles.  Charity Miles app does seem to have quite a few issues, but if fitbit link worked that would be great!

MattieS
First Steps

I agree this would be great. I don’t always have my phone, but I do always have my Fitbit. I’m always bummed when I remember to start my exercise on the Fitbit but forget all about Charity Miles. 

MichaelANG
First Steps

I say yes to integrating Charity Miles!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This applies to me as well. I always have my Ionic with me but not my iPhone. I would love to see Charity Miles and Fitbit come together.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I have seen that charity miles has recently teamed with Strava. You can connect your runs from Fitbit to Strava and then from Strava to Charity Miles. It isn’t ideal, but it works.

Sent from my iPhone
Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

ToddE
Recovery Runner

Come on Fitbit!! This is extremely important 

ToddE
Recovery Runner
Do you still have to carry your phone?

Sent from my iPhone
akamber80
Jogger

Yes! Please integrate with Charity Miles and Walk for a Dog. You can make it part of your Corporate Social Responsibility plan!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.