Charity Miles Integration

I would love to see Fitbit bring the Charity Miles app into the family of compatible apps that can sync with workouts. I run with the Ionic and I don't carry my phone, so I can't sync my runs with Charity Miles to donate my distance.

Moderator Edition: Labels

72 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I was able to join the Strava group 'Charity Miles' through the Strava
website. After I did my workouts started to sync from Fitbit to Strava to
Charity Miles. It took me a while to find the group and I think I may have
followed a link in a Charity Miles email to Strava's page. Good luck.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Have you voted on this integration yet? I can’t even imagine why they even
need us to vote on this topic. It wouldn’t cost anyone anything??? I’m
going to contact charity miles again. Maybe I’ll get something accomplished
if I go into annoying mode and bug everyone involved... lo!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Awesome! I appreciate that information! I’ll give it a go.... thank my
friend 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner Fitbit may reach out to the party apps, actually they have already encouraged others to link up with Fitbit, however Fitbit does not push themselves onto third party apps but waited for other apps to approach fitbit.

PadraicKane
First Steps

I would love to see Charity Miles intergrated with my Versa I average about 7miles a day and now I have to open the charity miles app on my phone and put it in my pocket then walk and it would be so much easier if I could open the app on my Versa and have my steps go to a good cause. So in short please integrate Charity Miles please. 

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I would love to see Fitbit bring the Charity Miles app into the family of compatible apps that can sync with workouts. I run with the Ionic and I don't carry my phone, so I can't sync my runs with Charity Miles to donate my distance.

Moderator Edition: Labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I hear you my friend! Unfortunately, Fitbit states that they don’t reach
out to apps. I’ve had posts removed (this one will probably be removed to
too) because it’s a charity and would cost Fitbit absolutely nothing!
Charity Miles is all about this integration. I simply don’t understand
Fitbit. I’m currently looking into an Apple Smart Watch, they may have
integrated Charity Miles. I hope you read this quickly, since Fitbit
removes my posts as quickly as I respond! Lol! Seriously?!?!? 🙄😎😜
NEPatriotsDude
Recovery Runner

I need this. I don't want to have to have the app open the whole time. I'd rather just have it connect to my Fitbit and have the app off

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I’ve tried but Fitbit claims that “they don’t reach out to apps, the apps
should reach out to them”. I received an email (I can shoot it to you) I
received, then my response, then it was deleted from the site. I guess
Fitbit doesn’t grasp the concept of “making customers happy, keeps
customers. Otherwise, they ditch Fitbit and buy an Apple Watch”! Read this
quick because they will delete it fast!!! That seems to be their approach
to questioning why they don’t reach out to an app gat would benefit Non
Profit Organizations! Peace my friend!!
yarn612
Recovery Runner

I still own my fitbit, but received an apple watch for Christmas. I love it! Never a problem syncing! It is definitely worth the money.

Moderator edit: Format

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
When I purchase an Apple Watch, I’ll be turning in my Fitbit! Lol! Thanks!
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner you might want to wait and see if Charitymiles does produce a version of their app for the Apple Watch. 

It makes no sense complaining to Fitbit because Charitymiles has not linked up with Fitbit. It really is their call, not fitbits.

WIAngel
Jogger

I'd love to see this integration. After spending a bunch of money on a new iPhone, I really don't want to spend even more money on an Apple Watch to make this work. I love my Versa but I'm part of a running club that uses Charity miles for our challenges.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It is under consideration, so many Charity Miles will do something about it.  Fitbit lets,  actually invited,  third party companies to make the first move to partner up. 

In fact many have partnered up by using Fitbit's basic API without even informing Fitbit.  

I did this myself with a basic Google spreadsheet.

Simon54321
First Steps

Like others my Fitbit is always with me my phone isn't. Fitbit connecting with Charity Miles would be fantastic 👍🏃‍:male_sign:😊

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Like with all third party apps Charity Miles will be responsible for making their connection to Fitbit. 

PadraicKane
First Steps
Ok

Sent from my iPhone
jlst
Jogger

I would like to see this also for various reasons, mainly to walk for those who can’ 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Let Charity Mike's know. 

Send them a Tweet @CharityMiles 

No matter who makes this happen, it is in their ball park for now. 

LisaScott
First Steps

Please integrate Charity Miles with Fitbit!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Please send Charity Miles a tweet about this suggestion. 

MunkieBabble
Jogger

At one point, there was a challenge where Fitbit members joined a team based on a charity they wanted a donation to go to -- there were three or so charities, and the top charity received a donation. It was fun!

There could be other team challenges... perhaps people with different interests, or fans of one show vs another, etc. I feel like the social part of Fitbit could be greatly improved.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MunkieBabble, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support for clock faces. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Keep adding your suggestions! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.