Check SpO2 at anytime on supported Fitbit devices

The new Sp02 clock face is nice, but can you also add the ability to check Sp02/pulse ox at anytime during the day rather than just during sleep?

Moderator edit: Updated label and subject for clarity
510 Comments
Ashesashes
First Steps

I just barely got my first fitbit today. I got it specifically because it marketed SpO2 tracking. I’m probably going to be returning it. I’m really disappointed and want to just go back to my old smart watch. This has been my worst experience with a new tech device. There’s been a lot of other issues with it, but this SpO2 problem is pretty much the last straw

pbug56
Sprinter

IMHO, Fitbit is now only interested in removing features, not adding them.  So I've also given up on them.

Recommend you return it. I need real time O2 readings due to fibrosis in
my lungs. Finally got an Apple Watch and love it. Gives me all kinds of
real time health info including O2.
MrNybble
First Steps

Hopefully you can return it.  Fitbit has really let us down.  I'm not in the apple ecosystem so I have a Samsung galaxy watch and I'm happier with it.  You would think with almost 450 responses Fitbit would understand how angry and betrayed we are as customers.  Instead we occasionally get a response like  "Reviewed By Moderator" and a "Thanks for you input"....Geez, seriously???  

Jeanniemih
Jogger

I gave up on my versa and gave it to my son who doesn't care as much about spo2 as I do. I got a refurbished Samsung Galaxy watch 4 off eBay and I'm thrilled with it. I'll never ever waste my money on a Fitbit product. 

pbug56
Sprinter
My Sense-1 may go to my daughter, plus my Versa is sitting around
somewhere. I've got the G5 now, and while nothing is perfect, it's a huge
improvement.
gmcd11270
First Steps
Woo hoo!!
pbug56
Sprinter
Also Samsung. The irony is that current Samsung watches use Google's Wear
OS.
Amikami
Jogger

There are so many requests on this thread and others threads and so if any of the developers were noticing, one would think Fitbit would just address it - whether they will implement or why not.  To remain silent, or falsely suggest they have SpO2 live tracking systems in place, is sadly damaging to its reputation.  Agree that it’s time to switch to other products. I’m so sad and very disappointed. I really was sold on Fitbit being the best in class.  But, no one is listening and so feel I’m wasting my breath here.  Sigh…

pbug56
Sprinter
Fully agreed. I have.
Jeanniemih
Jogger

That's why I haven't posted anything in a while. It's obvious they don't care about making customers happy. I've moved on

Understand your disappointment completely. Gave up on FitBit over a year
ago. So relieved that I gave up on them.
gmcd11270
First Steps
I totally feel your frustration.
Sausage83
Jogger
I purchased the Inspire 3 under the impression that the health metrics such as SP02, skin temperature, and HR variability would be available all of the time. To my disappointment, these metrics only work when sleeping. I do not want to sleep with a health tracker so these features are non functioning to me.
nerB
Recovery Runner

Have you seen those large, cumbersome infrared emitting fingertip attachments in a hospital? They can monitor SpO2 24/7.

It takes a large form factor and lots of light, and a more sensitive and active point on the body for consistent measurements.

Even these monitors can be slipped off easily enough. I've had experience being on a hospital bed with such a monitor. Nurses would come in quite often in fact, simply to check that monitor because random motions would throw it off and alert their monitors I might need help.

Some people with very serious need for it can get surgical implant technology perhaps for constant monitoring (more expensive and risky than a watch tracker).

Since we are actually still enough during sleep, we can actually get a fairly reliable average (not moment to moment, "24/7") from the infrared tracker on watches, today.

Maybe later the detection will improve, maybe a finger ring tracker will be better at this when we are not actively manipulating with our hands.

For now, expect the technology to do what it says it could do, which is sleep time SpO2 concentration average. I also reflect that when I started using my watch, I wanted or liked the idea of 24/7 SpO2 monitoring, I read more about it. I reflected on my hospital SpO2 monitoring experiences and realized "oh they're doing a not bad job at this with a watch in 2023!"

As a non scientist and non-Fitbit employee, I feel more justified saying the above than otherwise. The above is just the basic layperson's understanding, not getting into light, math, or motion as well what watches can do at the same time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sausage83, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

AdrianK.
Jogger
Please bring back the basic features you took away from almost every watch and tracker in the line up, it is very disappointing to see that Fitbit lacks these features. Every other smart watch brand has these features except Fitbit.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AdrianK., we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

UncleSam88
Jogger

@LizzyFitbit , instead of telling people the feature requested is already on a certain thread, Why not tell Google to add the feature in ASAP.  Everyone here has been waiting for this feature for years and I'm sure many has already left Fitbit for some other device.  I'm getting ready to move on as well for something else. Was hopping the Pixel watch will have it, but nope, Google is not adding this feature.  And if they are, they are making people pay a premium package which are free from every other company.  Besides the feature that is not available, the pixel watch is terrible is battery life.  make the watch to last a week.  The Fitbit Sense is almost a perfect watch. 

pbug56
Sprinter
I gave up months ago. My Sense is collecting dust.
Gina1981
First Steps
I sold mine now I have an Apple watch. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Jeanniemih
Jogger

November it'll be a year that I gave up and got a Galaxy watch. Traded my Fitbit in. Couldn't be happier. 

Maybe if more people did this, they would actually care. But then again probably not 

pbug56
Sprinter
S G5 for me 6 months ago!
NoobOne
First Steps

Hi,

I need to get SPO2 data all time when user wear Fitbit Charge 5. Is it possible on web-api. Or is it limited to sleep only?

Thanks

GordonFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Hi @NoobOne 

At this time, all-day SpO2 tracking is not available.  This is the functionality of the device, not the API.   I am going to move your request to our feature suggestion section of the forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.