Check SpO2 at anytime on supported Fitbit devices

The new Sp02 clock face is nice, but can you also add the ability to check Sp02/pulse ox at anytime during the day rather than just during sleep?

Moderator edit: Updated label and subject for clarity
507 Comments
MayurP
Recovery Runner

I didn't expect the issues I am facing with this device already and no on demand SpO2 is definitely a bummer.

Andrew_STaro
Jogger

I agree let’s that spO2 on-demand app must be allowed

D8veh
Base Runner

I'm gutted. I only ordered my Sense for this feature. Now I find out it doesn't have it. What's the point of an SpO2 sensor if you can't get a reading from it?

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

@D8veh , I've bought Charge 3 with only that purpose 2 years ago and I still doesn't have it, man. What a shame, really.
So I don't have smart alerts, find my phone function, really disappointment

Dmorrow01
First Steps

Yeah considering making a return as well just got it and the monitoring features I got it for just don’t work or aren’t released and may never release it seems. Sounds like competitors product will work better thanks. 

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

Yes, purchasing Fitbit device was a big my mistake.
So sad that I've bought it in Russia with no moneyback option.

MayurP
Recovery Runner
Already returned mine and got galaxy watch 3 and it feels premium. Screen
resolution is way better than sense, looks and UI every thing gives you a
feel of a true smart watch rather than just fitness tracker which is what I
felt with sense. For merely 40 more bucks galaxy watch3 offers alot
Lilian
Base Runner

I’m very disappointed by how much Fitbit is lagging behind other fitness trackers, especially the cheap no name Chinese ones. Aren’t we supposed to lead in technology? How can you not offer real time Spo2?

Vicartgray
Jogger

100% add on demand Sp02 tracking, why the heck not??

Miscad
Jogger

Just make this an app! If I can buy a $25 SpO2 reader online and it can read my levels in under 30 seconds, the Fitbit Sense should be able to do the same thing at any moment I go into an app to turn on the SpO2 sensor. That is true SpO2 readings, on the spot, not just waiting while your sleeping to see your levels the next morning! Come on! That is not true on the spot health monitoring. Please, these are simple requests for you!

Giannis
First Steps

I agree with this request and in addition I would like, like many other users, to be able to take instantaneous oxygen saturation measurements, so I wish. After all, it is a key feature in most smartwatches of all major manufacturers, but even smaller companies. I'm sorry it has not been added to Fitbit 's new products.

Need real time oxygen levels during the day, not just during sleep levels.  Very disappointed that this more expensive piece of equipment does not support on demand oxygen levels, while cheaper watches do provide this feature.  This is a feature I would use multiple times on a daily basis.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I Dont understand why Fitbit doesn't have this feature as standard! A little disappointed with the features of this! I was initially going to get the Samsung active but decided to purchase the versa 3 because alot of reviewers saying it is a better fitness tracker! At the moment in having my doubts! Design is the only thing I really like at the moment!

zlinnes
Jogger

Can't found the Spo2 face at list, so i can checking the SpO2 now, Very disappointed! Why no do an Apps to checking SpO2 is it hard then ECG ?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with being able to check my spO2 when wanted.

WehuttyWanker
Strider

I've found the sp02 sensing very hit and miss. It works about half the time, and I have to wait till an hour or so after I get up in the mornings to get the reading. This is totally unacceptable!

flroots
Base Runner

I agree. Let's get a SpO2 readout on demand and have results saved to both App and online Dashboard ASAP

Txking
Jogger

Yes please add this feature. Other companies are adding this feature or have already done so. This isn't new technology, the watch is already capable for sp02 readings. Also not only would adding spot checking be helpful but to just treat sp02 as a continuous reading like your heart rate would be even better.
Its one of the things that is preventing me from upgrading to a new watch like the sense is that the sp02 feature is so heavily underutilized in the fitbit lineup. 

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

Guys, they don't really care about that, because I'm asking about this feature about 2 years.

flroots
Base Runner

Like most companies, they will pay attention if it starts to affect the bottom line. It's such an obvious upgrade I can't believe it's not already under development for future update.

biofx
Recovery Runner

i bought a sense and i'm really disapointred that i need to use a special watchface and sleep to have spO2 graph

More than 300 € and no real time spo2 ?  google not implemented yet ? it's a beta ?

a lot of watch do that Easily

and the interface is not fluide as a versa 2 ....

well i return my sense , take back my versa 2 ans i wait more functionality with the sense. or i go look huawei or garmin watch 

hope you hear us 

ludovic 

flroots
Base Runner

And why on earth does it only work with one clock face?

LKos_Pgh
Jogger

I thought Sense had on demand SPO2 - I saw a couple of reviews (not on the Fitbit site) that said it did. That's the only reason I bought it.

Please add. Average over night is of very limited benefit. 

I agree. I bought my Fitbit for the same reason. Very disappointed!
LKos_Pgh
Jogger

I returned it. For what it does it is not worth the big price tag compared to the Charge 4.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.