Check SpO2 at anytime on supported Fitbit devices

The new Sp02 clock face is nice, but can you also add the ability to check Sp02/pulse ox at anytime during the day rather than just during sleep?

Moderator edit: Updated label and subject for clarity
507 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
This spo2 recording. Why is this only working at night??
I want to figure out how my o2 level are while Im awake...
I want the spo2 to show during daytime. Not just during the night. What it shows during the night is not so relevant for me, and The spo2 meter is kind of a gadget, the things that we guys like you know.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Sp02 details at anytime on Fitbit smartwatches. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Mjshort
First Steps

Agreed with all the requests. Please add this function. 

NAYNESH
First Steps
SP02 is not continuous monitoring. One should measure as and when one would like to . So I recommend that it should be available by pressing any one of the 3 buttons provided and then return to normal clock screen.
wjamesw
First Steps
Please provide the ability to check temperature and SPO2 manually. All users want this.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @wjamesw, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can add your vote to this existing suggestion: Log Body Temperature and other health related events

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

flroots
Base Runner

Please add me to those requesting access to SPO2 and temperature at any time

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NAYNESH, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track my Sp02/pulse at anytime. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

FitDebi
Jogger

I would like to be able to measure my SPO2 throughout the day, but especially during exercise. I have asthma and I can really get my heart rate up during aerobic activity. I would like to see my oxygenation to be sure that a low oxygen saturation isn’t adversely affecting my heart. Any chance that is something you will be working on?

NAYNESH
First Steps
Chance your cloak face to SP02 and you will get SP03 Status all the time

Get Outlook for iOS
FridayLover
Recovery Runner

How can I change my cloack to SP02 with my charge 3?

It would be nice if the SO2 was measured all day. I like to see my oxygen level when I exercise. The Fitbit Versa does this. Please add to next update.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FaithLoveTrustThanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track your SpO2 data at anytime during the day with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

FitDebi
Jogger
Not exactly true. I’m just looking at the same SPO2 taken overnight. At
least that is what I read from the documentation.
aseidman
Jogger

Only thing stopping me from buying Sense is not having on-demand Spo2 reading

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Currently, the Sense shows a range of SPo2 readings, not specific readings for a given time. It would be helpful if the nighttime graph showed specific readings throughout the night ... and also allowed the user to check a reading at a given time.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Full SPO2 needs to be activated on Charge 4 with capability to get a SPO2 percentage reading on demand 

ProfSchmidt
First Steps

Yes! Please add this! 

bobfir
Jogger

This feature is a bit of a misrepresentation, why make it look like this is being tracked when in fact it isn’t. This stat changed over the day on my Versa 2 was this a lie too?
I really don’t know why I upgraded.

kcordiano
Base Runner
I had gotten my mom the Apple Watch Series 6 and their SpO2 App monitors your levels during the day/night and you can also do a spot check. I love my Sense, but having a dedicated app for the SpO2 would be nice to see reading during the day/spot check when ever I want to see.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Sp02 details at anytime on supported Fitbit devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kcordiano, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to check Sp02 at anytime on supported Fitbit devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

With so many people commenting on this and wanting on demand Oxygen levels,
it is time for Fitbit to get busy and do an update. If cheaper brands can
provide the readings, makes me wonder why Fitbit does not.
EricTune
Base Runner

On demand SPO2 readings are a must have in 2020/21. Please add this as many other smartwatches (including the apple watch) support this feature. A specific add (similar to ecg and eda) would be great!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

"bobfir (First Steps) posted a new comment in

Check my Sp02/pulse ox at anytime on supported Fitbit devices

on 01-08-2021 15:00 Fitbit

I think Fitbit needs to move some people from the Versa team on the Sense team. Frankly I am very unhappy with my Sense and have been on the verge of returning it. I am trying to get use to it but I as much happier with my old Versa 2. As an example my old Versa only logged floors when I was actively going up stairs, the Sense logs floors when you go up in a elevator as a result I am getting bogus readings for floors. The Sp02 seemed to change through the day on the Versa and we only get overnight readings on the Sense. My recommendation for buyers buy a versa or apple don't waist your $$ with the Sense. Had I not had 7 years history with the Fitbit app I think it is time to migrate to the Apple universe. I have resisted having been a android person for all these years but Apple is starting to make more “sense”.

Bob Firth"

Wow. That is some lame of the fitbit team. So they kind of downgraded the watch (Sense) compared to the Versa? 🙄

Ive also been having trouble with the stairs and the floors.

This spo2 reading should really be fixed fast. So many people are upset with this feature... 

Mvh

Daniel Ramstad

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.