Configurable exercise tile on dashboard (e.g. cycling)

How about creating a tile on the dashboard reflecting an individual exercise type.  So a 'Cycling' tile would show cumulative miles in the day, week (or rolling week) for cycling.  The target would be user defined so ideal for those wanting to target, say 100 miles in a week.

biketile.jpg

7 Comments
Welshwonder08
Recovery Runner
That is a great idea.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea! I can definitely see the potential of Fitbit users benefiting from something like this. Thanks for sharing.

Ed---
Jogger

On this topic, the Fitbit clearly does a great job on it's core activity of step tracking but the introduction of continuous HR monitoring (and GPS) is clearly taking it towards a one-stop solution for fitness management.  In that respect the Exercise functionality can still look a bit of an add-on and my other suggestion would be to work on the exercise data by type so the user can review each exercise type as a group - so look at swimming trends over a week, month, year etc.

Re cycling; folk tend to have favourite routes, so why not allow rides to be tagged to a route so fastest time, average heart rate etc can again be tracked.  Looking at the posts a lot of the desire to integrate to other Bike apps suggests people are looking for a little more functionality on the web/app side.  I'm sure Fitbit could keep much of that activity inside the Fitbit environment given the web functionality must be easier to development than the data gathering on the device itself.

Would love to see cycling intergrated more into fitbit I use to enjoy on MapMyRide you could set up routes and compete with other riders to see who has the fastest time etc.

apollo
First Steps

Love the idea of a configurable tile. Would like to track Cycling, but also Dog Walking separately, then I'd know how far I've been walking my dog. Dog walking is also different to walking as it's a little more stop start, so would be good to be able to separate them. Thanks in advanced!

SusanKC
Jogger
I'm also voting for configurable tiles. In addition to cycling I'd add yoga and weight training for exercise and since my husband has MS and my daughter is autistic, I'd love to take credit for climbing 3 flights with a full laundry basket, trimming/cutting down trees, digging garden beds and balancing on a ladder to wash windows and scrape flaking paint. All these consume more calories than walking (I can't run after having a knee replacement). We need and are asking for flexibility! Thanks, Susan
Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed and there will be some new developments in this area, around programs and customizable goals. This may not be identical as to what is described here but we hope it will fulfill the same need. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until we have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.