Connecting Fitbit with Runtastic

Hi there,

I really like to run with fitbit. But unfortunately I cannot connect it with my favourite apps runtastic and lifesum. Runtastic is a really cool app, has more features then runkeeper has. Is it possible to program a connection between them. And also the lifesum app. Also a cool app.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Title

33 Comments
PaulMcClellan
Jogger

+1 for Runtastic integration.  I currently use MyFitnessPal to import the data into Fitbit.  HOWEVER, the BIG problem is that it duplicates the exercise.  That is, Fitbit and Runtastic both record the exercise.  

Havig the ability to edit/delete an activity would be a good first step.

Thanks!

Raiderman
Jogger

+1 Runtastic is way better for running than fitbit and it would be great to be able to sync them together.  Fitbit is better for overall fitness,which running is one part of.  I love them both for what they do.

JordyM
First Steps

+1 for Runtastic integration.

RafaSecades
First Steps

+1

I have just got my Fitbit Charge HR and I am considering to return it because I can't link it to Runtastic (one of the most reknown running apps)

MarkLaViolette
First Steps
I agree please add integration with Runtastic PRO. I am already heavily invested in their services and it allows me to track so much more than walking and running.
littlegreenlyra
First Steps

+1 for integration with Runtastic!

I still have the Fitbit One and I love it. But I'm considering an upgrade to something that can measure my heartrate like the Charge HR. But the missing compatability with Runtastic is such an issue for me that I won't buy it. I love Fitbit but I also love Runtastic and I don't want to give that up. A compatability would be very appreciated!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a good idea! There is an existing feature suggestion for Lifesum, so to keep these streamlined, please vote here for Lifesum.

Runtastic is a great app that a lot of Fitbit users use. It would benefit a lot if they were a third-party app. Hopefully we will see this implemented in the nearest future to track our data with them. You can also check the current apps that link with Fitbit. Thanks for the suggestion! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's great that Moderators and Engineers look through these posts and comment on them once in a while. What I'm starting to notice is that even though they may make a comment, they don't give any updates. If you look through these posts, they're repetative. What I mean is, So many people present the same idea. They don't seem to be getting heard. You may see some of the past ideas implemented here and there but not all of them. I know Fitbit can't make EVERY idea happen, that would turn fitbit not only into a data hog, but also BLOATWARE. What I think the fitbit moderators and engineers need to do is; if they take an idea that has overwhelming votes or is so popular that the same subject is being started as a topic for different users, they need to take that idea in to serious consideration and give updates on it. Let the users know that the idea is being worked on or it's been tried and it's not going to work. Say something other than a pat on the back and saying; "Good Idea Johnny". Just like fitbit is looking for feedback from it's users, the users are looking for the same in return. I'm not saying that who's ever idea is implemented should be shouted out on top of Mt. Everest but a bit more than an "at-aboy" is what we're looking for. Answers are the common threads amongst these idea threads. +1 yourselves and give the person who came up with the idea a chance to at least Beta test the idea?  

Just a thought.  

travisrichmond
Premium User
First Steps
It would be epic for runtastic to intergrate with Fitbit so the step data just transfers. Also letting me use the heart rate data for the runtastic apps would be beneficial. Since the runtastic apps log my bike rides and the charge hr I can't set I'm biking when I start. I do like to log my distance and have heart rate. feedback with it. It's great for running because I can log buy there is no selection for biking on the exercise screen. My friend brought the blaze and it has that option. If only, I knew that. it would also be cool if it could log gps from your iPhone. The runtastic app is more integratable with social media and the logs it does is epic. I have subscribed to runtastic pro and premium and Fitbit premium. So you can say I have put my money into it! Please intergrate the two 😉

A plus one from me.
FrenzyRun
First Steps

+ for Runtastic Pro!

I'm considering to buy a FitBit HR but need to sync my heart rate with Runtastic to run intervalls from my training plans. Without a connection a FitBit is really not attractive to me. Although I love all the other features.

Rjhmos
First Steps
I've been using runtastic for years and it is an amazing running/ sports tracking app much better than all the others I've tried is it possible to get it on the list of apps to sync to Fitbit
nathankatesands
First Steps
+1 for runtastic integration.
POHB
Jogger

Yes please

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Runtastic 

In a week i'll receive a Fitbit Charge 2, but if there no point i could use in sync with Runtastic, i think I'm gonna send back. 

antonar
First Steps

+1 Runtastic

Divanci
Jogger

+1 for Runtastic integration

Raiderman
Jogger

Get with it, Fitbit!!  Look at all the folks that want Runtastic!  Why is it less deserving than a monster app or water tracking app?  Cmon!  Thinking of going with a TomTom watch and ditching the fitbit.  Well over 750,000 users for Runtastic and Pro.  If not now, when?

thomasbue
First Steps

Runtastic is a great app to track running and other sports. It would be perfect if activities recorded with Runtastic could be imported into Fitbit. I just changed from Jawbone to Fitbit and Jawbone could do that very nicely. Otherwise, the Fitbit App is great!

tlewis708
Jogger

+1 for Runtastic. 

Hekkies
First Steps

+1 for runtastic and all runtastic apps to work with fitbit

Manoel
First Steps

Yes, please!

Sadoveanu
Jogger

I also use Runtastic for tracking my activities and i ordered the FitBit Charge 2 HR which i will receive in a couple of days. Nowadays, does the FitBit Charge 2 HR sync the heart rate with Runtastic in the running sessions ?

homelyn
Jogger

I have used Runtastc for a number years using a Jawbone to connect my exercise data, I am now moving over to Fitbit due to problems with support at Jawbone and would leak to see the integration between Fitbit and Runtastic 

thomasbue
First Steps
I have created a MyFitnessPal account and connected both, Fitbit and Runtastic with it. Then Runtastic is synchronised via MyFitnessPal to Fitbit. It does not work directly.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet
MrMysakovich
Stepping Up

+1 I want Runtastic integration too!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.