Constipation and diarrhea symptoms in Menstrual Health Tracking

We need to be able to track the effect of our period on our bowels. Those with endometriosis get constipation and diarrhoea.  If women have these symptoms and haven’t had the operation, they can show their doctor the frequency of symptoms.  Unless you have endo, you have no idea how painful it is. 

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification

29 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ShariLENice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having the option to track the symptoms constipation and diarrhea in female health.

Rebste
First Steps

Yes please add bowel movements. They get wonky during periods and ovulation. Sometimes they are painful. It would be helpful to track. 

ttcking
Stepping Up

BM tracking would also be useful for folks who don't menstruate too! 

smol-pupper
First Steps

Being able to track this is crucial

Jokila
Stepping Up

Definitely need to track this please 

KBiallas
First Steps

Please include asthma symptoms as well. Exacerbation of asthma symptoms has been clearly linked to these hormonal shifts, as detailed in multiple peer-reviewed white-paper medical journals. I generally experience an asthma flare during the week leading up to my period. 

thrisno1likeme
First Steps

yes please!!!!

EarleneFromUSA
Stepping Up

Other health concerns aside from menstruation impact bowels.  There is a very long list, I won't go into here, but it would be a useful thing to track for some (perhaps many) women.

Also related would be a tracker for other health conditions and dietary concerns that affect the bowels.  In many cases, this would not be gender specific, however. 

njimo
First Steps

Much needed! Any updates on this and other menstruation symptoms? Many suggestions were made but barely any have been implemented. 

Jokila
Stepping Up
I just wish they'd make it so I can add my own symptoms
Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ShariLE and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

SamHellb
First Steps

Hello I completely agree, I am new to Fitbit as of today only 2 days and I love it so far, but I also have endometriosis and this particular feature is the first thing I looked for today as it is exactly what I am experiencing only to be disappointed as it's not a traceable feature. I believe many women would benefit from this either for Toxic Shock Syndrome, endometriosis or just regular period stuff that happens. 

L.K
First Steps
I want to track consistency my poops as well as whether it was normal, diarrhea, or constipation. I also want a birth control tracker (esp. for pill) to compare period symptoms to consistency of use. I want to add nausea and dizziness as other symptoms to track. And finally, maybe tracking sex/masturbation/enjoyment.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @L.K, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Add other “sex” options to female health tracking

Add dizziness to Female Health Tracking

Expand Birth Control Tracking (Add reminders, application/removal logging, etc.)

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

P3n3l0p3
First Steps
Please include in the symptoms list ovulation pain, constipation and Diarrhea things that many women suffer with monthly as part of their cycle
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @P3n3l0p3, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "constipation and diarrhea" as symptoms on the Female Health tile. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also vote for this other suggestion: More specific symptoms for pain (ovary, stomach, cramps, back pain, etc.)

P3n3l0p3
First Steps
Thanks for taking the time to respond. This is something I ended up discussing with friends recently - turns out all the five women there had similar things with constipation a few days prior to their period and then often Diarrhea during. Another joy bell to add the the period band wagon!

Penny Swan
KG_92
First Steps
Please add something about gastrointestinal issues as a symptom option in the female health tracking. Bloating does not adequately cover the GI symptoms females experience. Icon could be a toilet with a clock above it to represent changes in bowel movements. (Diarrhea and constipation are both GI issues related to menstruation).
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KG_92, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "Constipation and Diarrhea symptoms" in Female Health tile. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

Naymerica
Jogger

I don't have endometriosis, but other than cramps, diarrhea is my main period symptom!! Sometimes I worry it could be something else so tracking this as a symptom would be immensely helpful. 

Camilami
Jogger

Yes, please! That is a very important symptom to track. Perineum pain would also be a nice addition! 

MGionet
First Steps

Agree. Please add constipation and diarrhea 

PalladiumFox
First Steps

This comment is from 2019 and it is 2022. Why hasn't this option been added yet?

P3n3l0p3
First Steps

Is there any further update to ‘under consideration’ or a rough timeline on when a decision will be made. It seems yet again that female specific health needs are just being pushed down the line…. It’s clear this affects a lot of women !!!

VeeJohnson
Jogger

I struggle with BM before, during and after my periods and it would be great to be able to track this. Previous menstrual trackers I've used have had this option and have been great with pattern showing etc.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.