Customize Premium Exercises

The user should be able to build its own WOD´.

Basically the mobile app has a list of exercises.

The user can pick some of them to created a training  ( WOD )

providing a identifier nname and the range of time for each exercize.

Once it is completed it will be sent to the smartphone.

The WOD would be executed on the blaze like the Fitstar training.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated label and title

77 Comments
thockett
Keeping Pace

This would be a great feature to have, and I think it is becoming a more important one to add as more "smartwatch" versions of Fitbit are being released.  I imagine this being like an archive of individual workouts that you could add to a list and just decide the timing.  Even if it is only able to do with existing fitbit exercises like leg lifts or pushups then it would be a great addition.

DCLawyer68
First Steps

Fitbit Coach has been giving me workouts outside of my parameter (Daily Dose: 10-15 minutes per day).  We should be able to tell FBC how long we have to work out, what we want to focus on, etc. to create a more customized option.

Rhomulous
First Steps

A customisation to the Coach app or an image gallery for my Fitbit Versa? I have a personal trainer and they set my work outs and just need a swipable reminder to come up on my watch before every workout to remind me what to do next I would like the option to set my own workout routine and have the reminders of what to do on my watch so I don't have to carry my phone with me all the time. Maybe even a photo gallery that I can swipe to the next image

Rhomulous
First Steps

Just a simple photo gallery viewer that you can swipe to the next picture would work. I hear there are limitations regarding how much memory can be taken up for each app on the watch but I do a maximum of ten different workouts in the gym so maybe it can have access to albums of ten pictures at a time when separate from the phone? Choose which album you wabt to use before leaving the locker room then swipe to the next picture to remind you what to do next. 

I lack the understanding and time to create this photo viewer but surely there's someone out there who can?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rhomulous, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Rhomulous
First Steps

Well thank you for moving my suggestion but I asked for a simple gallery viewer that you just use the image to remind you of the exercise that comes next. Not a coach I don't need and certainly don't want to pay a premium for - I already have an instructor. I just need reminding what exercises I have next. A swipe left to the next picture option. 

Rhomulous
First Steps
Is this the reason no app like I suggest exists? All suggestions are moved out of view or deleted? I just want a picture viewer as described and don't want to pay a subscription for a coach. I'm limited in time and money, plus how can your coach know what equipment I have access to to make valid suggestions? I know there are a handful of picture apps available but none provide what I need plus apparently are trash.
adasher
Stepping Up

My first fitness wearable was a Microsoft band and it had this feature and I loved it. I was able to create custom workouts with rep/set counts and timers between sets on the desktop app then sync it to the band through the phone app. It's the one feature I miss the most.

deepxtz
Recovery Runner

I am very disappointed off Fitbit

I have bought a Fitbit charge 3, and I was expecting to have a good fitness app.

But unfortunately, the app is not good at all,

Essential functions are missing,

We should easily have a possibility to make a work-out plan, where we can add different exercises with sets and repetitions (sets and time period for exercises like plank), where we should be able to log weight.

There are tons off free apps that gives you the possibility, but i bought a Fitbit tracker and i expect to have the possibility to add my exercises to the Fitbit app and not using other apps.

Example:

Day one: squats, 3sets, 15reps.

lunges, 3sets, 12reps.

plank, 3sets, 60secons. (time interval)

Day tow: pushups 3sets,15reps.

Folio77
First Steps

The ability to build custom workout routines on your phone and sync them to an ionic or versa for the coach app to run through would be great. 

Even Microsoft's Band™ could do that...

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Folio77, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Dangerman90
First Steps

@MarcelBK is there a reason this hasnt been implemented? 
People have been requesting this feature for three years...

deepxtz
Recovery Runner

@MarcelBK   

Yes please tell us why?

PS. this feature is requested for more than 3 years.... and no response...no care...

jlhummel
Recovery Runner

I want to be able to choose from a directory/listing of all the exercises (video clips) and build my own routine.  This shouldn't be difficult to accomplish and it would open up so many possibilities for your users. 

I love the idea of fitbit coach.  Having the audio prompts and countdown help me stay on track and time.  But the fact that I have to do a routine in the order fitbit thinks I should do it is frustrating. 

As it is right now I don't think I'll renew it unless this feature is added.  I know what exercises I want to do and what order I want to do them in.  Why not let me choose?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jlhummel, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Spec0582
First Steps

After 10+ years we are leaving the Fitbit community for good

We are all in my household selling our Fitbit Blaze's, as Fitbit is never going to fix this and in our minds seriously dropped the ball on customizable "on-watch" exercises.

Just ordered our new Series's 4 Apple Watches!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Spec0582
First Steps

After 10+ years we are leaving the Fitbit community for good........

We are all in my household selling our Fitbit Blaze's, as Fitbit is never going to fix this and in our minds seriously dropped the ball on customizable "on-watch" exercises.

Just ordered our new Series's 4 Apple Watches!!!

mbatt
First Steps

The app on your phone can have a large list of general workouts that you can then piece together for your own personal workouts, including times, duration, rests etc. These can then be transferred to  the Fitstar setting on the watch. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mbatt! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

VampyrTrueLuvr
First Steps

In Fitbit Coach, in each session, I was told that it would be more customized as I rate and continue with the workouts. However, I still have exercises in my sessions that I do not like doing; either based on my capability or preference. There should be an option while the session is loading to change moves one does not like for something else.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @VampyrTrueLuvr! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Spec0582
First Steps
Get rid of you Fitbit as they will never do this, and get an Apple Watch with Jefit app

Sent from my iPhone
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about customizing your Fitbit Coach exercises. Let us share that Fitbit Coach is being deprecated but this suggestion still applies to Fitbit Premium so we've updated the label of this request. You can find more details about this here: About Fitbit Coach.

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

PGX
Stepping Up
FitBit Coach "alternative" exercise swap option: would be good to have option to swap an exercise for an alternative one (e.g. for exercise for which we don't have the equipment at hand, like chair for dips or step or pull up bar, or simply for variety sake)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PGX, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more alternative exercises for Fitbit Coach. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.