Customize Quick Add Water Sizes

Please make the water sizes customizable.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

376 Comments
Landy
Recovery Runner

Getting quite frustrated with the amount of basic functionality that would make this app really good that is missing. This is one of those things and it's a list that grows as features are added, but only half implemented and rarely returned to for improvement.

Come on FitBit pull your finger out, new watches are great and all but some of us invetsed in the past and want functionality improvements not to be asked to spend another £150 for a product that looks good but under the surface struggles with the same poor implementation issues.

MCOTE
First Steps
We need a button where we can adjust it to say 16.9 oz of water. Water bottles are 16.9 oz and the preset button is only for 16 oz if we could modify it to say 16.9 or whatever size you want you would not have to go into so many settings and push all those extra buttons
Sizztdvjkdsb
Stepping Up
Can we please have the option to change the size of the glasses and bottles for the water log.

Thank you
guy123
Stepping Up

Adding my name to the hat. Hardly anyone actually drinks out of 8 ounce cups. For me I use 12, 24, and 32 oz containers only and being able to set those as quick add would be great. It's unfortunate to see that this request is 2 years old.

jlsuser
Jogger

With the recent app update, the water quick add button for 34.3 was taken away. I use this button about 6 times a day. Can you please put it back? 34.3 is a really common size water bottle (Camelbak, Contigo)....PLEASE why take this away? Is 8 really necessary? That's so easy to type. Clicking the quick add button for 8 is the same number of click as acutally clicking the number 8.

PoojiDung
Base Runner

Please restore the 34.4 oz (one liter) option when adding water. I use it all the time and it's much quicker than typing 34.4 every time.

Moderator Edit: Labels.

Mikegillett
Runner
Yes, I mean it isn't a terribly long process to type in 1000 ml, but still as I do add my water intake by the liter, I would prefer a quick select.
PoojiDung
Base Runner
Or let us pick which amounts show up in the quick select. Problem solved for ANY amount a user wants.
JSwanny
Recovery Runner

Please add back the liter option as most water bottles and consumer waters are in metric sized bottles.

Booturtle
First Steps
Yes! Please bring back 1 liter or allow us to set up our own shortcut amounts!
Sebastian
Jogger

I mostly used the 200 and 500 ml buttons but now it's just 250 and 500 (and you can get 500 by pressing 250 twice). It would probably be best to have customizable quick add values. 🙂

Need_1_liter
First Steps
Yes! Please bring back the 1 liter option.
Cinny
Recovery Runner

And a 12 oz would be great too! I would use it a lot.

resyncable
First Steps

Much need

LennyKobenhavn
First Steps
Agreed. My personal favorite water bottle is 32oz. 34.5 used to be an option, but now it's gone.
tjc800
Jogger
In the app you have quick add options for water of 8, 16, and 24 oz. it would be nice if we could create our own personalized quick add options. I personally prefer 12, 17, and 32 oz.
Fedora
First Steps
Seriously, how is this not a standard, common sense feature? Looking at how long this thread - as well as multiple others - have been active it doesn't seem like this incredibly simple feature will ever be added.

As somebody else said, the ability to track water intake from the Blaze would another great, simple feature.
MrChubblyWarner
Stepping Up

Found this thread whilst searching for a way to change the default quick add values. I just assumed this must already be possible, and surprised it's not.

Sounds like a quick and easy improvement to implement.

RonR49
Jogger
This would be very convenient to be able to customize to 8, 12 and 20 Oz default measurements. I know that everyone would have their own standard defaults.
Celeste2001
Jogger
I wish there was a way to add a custom water size. For example I use a 33.8 oz water bottle however I have to manually add that number every time I drink a bottle because the only easy add options are 8, 16, 24 oz.
JustSam31
First Steps

My cup at work is a 48oz cup I got from the movies.

My cup at home is a 32oz tumbler.

My water bottle is a 32oz insulated bottle.

It would be awesome to customize the quick add buttons!!

Rwelch224
First Steps
Please allow us to customize water intake. Up until a recent update, with one click of a button I was allowed to input 16.9oz (a standard water bottle size). Now Fitbit changed the hot button to 16oz. It may sound petty but manually typing out 16.9oz several times a day everyday gets pretty annoying.
unlinked
Recovery Runner

I guess it isn't ideal if you think in us units but 16.9 us fluid ounces is pretty much exactly 500ml (499.7926ml) so it might be worth switching to metric if all your containers are metric sized.

Marbow86
First Steps
I think we should be able to set quick adds for water for your own personal amount. Just like the custom heart rate zones. It would allow me to set my quick add at my 64 ounce jug or the 7 ounce cups at the jobs water cooler.
UoMGoBlue
Jogger

Please allow us to quick add an actual bottle of water...16.9 oz.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.