Customize vitamin info

The android app currently allows customized foods to be added but there's no way to add vitamin info, even though it's tracked otherwise. It would also be helpful to see the nutrition info in terms of percent daily value, as well as types of foods I can eat to increase my specific nutrient intake.
10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SherriSpen, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to customize vitamin info on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

IRatus
Base Runner
I’ve been logging my food in the app, and l’ve noticed that despite my high intake of fish and eggs, the calcium levels stay low and vitamin D is at a constant 0.
Every time l log 2 boiled eggs, vitamin D is 0. I know that can’t be right. Today for the first time l logged in a fried egg and for the first time ever the app showed Vitamin D at 5%.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @IRatus, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more details of your food vitamins. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.

In the meantime you can customize the percentage of vitamins on your food log. Go to your Dashboard on Fitbit.com using the website > Clic on Log > Enter what did you eat or look for the food you want to edit > Click on the name of the food entry > Click on Edit this food > Enter vitamin details > Scroll down and click on save.

I hope we receive updates soon.

IRatus
Base Runner

Thank you very much, Yojana:)

Grimfit
First Steps

Yeah I just started to log my food intake and I noticed there was no option to add Vitamins too. I looked online for it but the option isn't possible. Definitely disappointed that I can't fully add all my intakes. I was having trouble adding excerse routines in too. Is that even possible?

SuperSayan30
First Steps

I would say this is a bug than a feature because the Macronutrients tracker tracks Vit A, C, D, Calcium and Iron, but the user does not have the option to create custom foods with the above.  

Tyson_simmons
First Steps

How come when I save it with the vitamins on the website it doesn’t transfer over to the app?

avcavc
First Steps

It would be an incredible benefit to be able to add the specific mcg or mg for the vitamins added under custom foods. This will allow more accurate tracking of nutrients for users overall; it is currently offered in most free calorie tracker apps. The current option of daily percentage value is not accurate, and takes much time to calculate for the user. When viewing my nutrients totals, measurements in mg are shown, not percentages. Why force users to do approximate math when entering vitamins, when fitbit converts them back to mg anyway? Please change this in the next update!

adibsaf90
First Steps

@avcavc @Yes! I totally agreed with you!!! Please change and upgrade your app, Fitbit. Seems there are people requesting and mentioning the same thing and I think it’s time for Fitbit to make changes for the sake of Fitbit  fans to ensure that the fans wont easily get boring to use their app and products! Please @YojanaFitbit . Make it happen. We want improvements ♥️😘

EUnumPluribus
First Steps

Would very much appreciate it if the tracking of Micros will be available.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.