Dark Theme in Fitbit App for Android and iOS

Hello, It is a sincere request to add the dark theme for the android application as the appearance of the application during night time is very bright and with the dark theme it will be easier to use the application and not cause any harm to one's eyesight 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

237 Comments
Vstrom-ryder
Stepping Up

For phones with amoled screens, having a dark theme would help battery life on the user's device.

Moderator Edit: Added labels.

ignites
First Steps

would be nice as well! +1

Byte_76
Base Runner

A dark theme for all mobile platforms would be much appreciated. I have a Windows Phone with an AMOLED display and would appreciate this feature as well.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this idea @Vstrom-ryder! Besides saving the battery, it will also look cool. I will send your idea to our development team so they can evaluate it.

ValerieAnne
Tempo Runner

I would also love a dark theme. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi Fitbit-Team,

please add an option in a future update to choose a dark theme for the Windows 10 / Mobile app.

That would be very nice. Thanks in advance.

Greetings
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for stopping by, I think it would be great to have themes for the Fitbit app. I will make sure to pass this suggestion to our team for consideration.

See you around! Woman Happy

Poo
Tempo Runner

The new dash is much too bright, dark option please!

Elena_Iv.
Base Runner

Why wouldn't allow the users to choose between several backgrounds, dark or of different colours?

gremlin7
Jogger

yes, please.  battery saving would be great, but my eyes would certainly be happier if the screen wasn't so bright white all the time - especially when going into the app to mark begin/end sleep.

mattyboy
Strider

Dark themes are essential on amoled screens.

Heit
First Steps

The Fitbit app is one of the few apps on my Windows platform that does not support a dark theme.  Boy does it pop out at me when I open the app!  Please, please, please add a dark theme!!!!

Dashon3100
Jogger

One thing I would like to and maybe a lot of others would like to see if a dark mode feature for the app.

Shootandwalk
First Steps

Yep totally agree the bright white is horrible on both versions of the app. Dark mode please! 

xSynerGy
Jogger

Please could we have either a option to change background colour to black or a option to increase text, I am partially sighted and when I add food I can see the food ok but the store and calories is grey and dull and I struggle to see it.  Pretty please

xSynerGy
Jogger

Would it be possible to give a night mode or a way of changing the background to a dark colour, as i am partially sighted and find the white is to bright and have difficulty reading some of the writing in adding food section

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Not only does allowing a DARK THEME offer us a nice visual experience, it's also a MUST for the visually impaired (like me - I have to invert the colors on my phone to see the Fitbit app at all).  Also, a dark theme takes less battery than a white theme, helping us get more out of our phones.  This feature is standard now on most apps -- it's missing from Google products, but there are many alternatives for those of us that use email, calendars and other google things.  But there is no alternative to Fitbit.  It's the best.  It rocks.  We love it.  Now it must address this concern for all users and offer a light or dark theme option. 

Endomorphius
Recovery Runner

a quick change in Paint :Pa quick change in Paint 😛

YES please!!!!! how nice would it be if your homescreen from the fitbit app is black/dark grey with the green pie diagram.

ah9
First Steps

Hello, I would like to have Fitbit flight permanently on the Charge 2!!!! Thanks

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

2017 still carry much want this! 

leewoods651
Recovery Runner

I would also recommend a dark mode option for users. I much prefer to look at the darker background when I use the app in the early hours.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agree and want! Besides, dark mode saves battery on mobile phones anyway, so win win!!!

HyperNinjaZX
Base Runner

Only the Sith can use the dark mode!

sanfong
Recovery Runner

I was about to suggest the same thing. I prefer dark theme, I would love to see black and orange theme.

Mits07
Stepping Up

Agreed, any theme for that matter will do.. The bright white theme makes it
a difficult experience to view the data during the night time

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.