Dexcom app Integration

Pebble has a big community that used the Dexcom app to follow type 1 diabetics blood sugars. It is a great feature that allows you to see current blood sugars and get alarms if something is wrong. PLEASE continue to offer products that have that ability. The only other option is an Apple watch which is wildly expensive and not helpful if you have an Android. Thank you! The mom of a 9 year type 1 diabetic.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

61 Comments
mandygirl77
First Steps

Fitbit has for a few years hinted that a Dexcom app has been in the works. I would love to see that come to be available. So many diabetics like myself are just waiting for the day... 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mandygirl77, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

dkantala
First Steps

I was a fit bit user until I started using a Dexcom glucose monitoring system. I then switched to Apple watch due to it being compatible in viewing my dexcom from my watch. I would love to switch back to fitbit because I feel they last longer. I know back in 2018 there was talk of fitbit supporting the dexcom g5 but since there has been an update to dexcom (which is why I am assuming it is no longer supported).

I would love it if this feature could be updated! Having my sugars monitored from my watch has made a world of difference for me. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dkantala, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see the option to connect with Sports Tracker. This feature suggestion already exists, I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Mikerowave
First Steps
As a diabetic, I can already monitor my blood glucose level in near-real time with continuous blood glucose monitoring products by Dexcom or Freestyle. It would be nice if Fitbit could either offer their own CGM or add data compatibility so Dexcom or Freestyle data could be displayed in the Fitbit app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mikerowave, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Dexcom app Integration. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

You might be also interested in voting for these other suggestions: Connect with FreeStyle and Update glucose using CGM data (T-Connect - XDrip).

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

AutisticMumTo3
First Steps
Allow connect to Dexcom app so FitBit can automatically get my blood glucose levels from the app
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AutisticMumTo3, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able sync your data between Fitbit and Dexcom app with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Giggles027
First Steps
In the area where you can connect a glucose monitor to your Fitbit app, there is only one option. Two of the best devices I’ve found for tracking this are CGMs (constant glucose monitors) such as Freestyle Libre and Dexcom. The app that is available is only for people with diabetes and does not include other conditions like hypoglycemia.
CollRobinson
First Steps

I, too, would love to see this interface as I track my weight (using fitbit scale), track my steps, water & calories with the fitbit app -- using the Libre interface is pretty one dimensional, and it's already on my phone (and using the same Bluetooth interface) - seems like being able to hook into this and add it to my fitbit would be a great thing, especially when I'm exercising & watching the steps - could also be watching my glucose drop!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Giggles027, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. You can also look and vote for other similar ideas posted in this board by using the search barThanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.