Dexcom app Integration

Pebble has a big community that used the Dexcom app to follow type 1 diabetics blood sugars. It is a great feature that allows you to see current blood sugars and get alarms if something is wrong. PLEASE continue to offer products that have that ability. The only other option is an Apple watch which is wildly expensive and not helpful if you have an Android. Thank you! The mom of a 9 year type 1 diabetic.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

61 Comments
rachel_c_c
First Steps

Type 1 diabetics have a hard time exercising already. The Fitbit would be a useful tool, but it would be even better if we were able to read our blood glucose readings right on our wrist! It would make me want to exercise more! (and lord knows i need that) 

jbrassard
Premium User
Base Runner

This link might explain a lot. I'd be willing to be Fitbit is more focused on integrating with this start-up than they are with Dexcom at this point, which is why we've had no action. I seriously doubt that they will ever integrate with Dexcom after reading this.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/5/16854400/fitbit-investment-6-million-sano-blood-sugar-glucose-moni...

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Added Label

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@jbrassard I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing that information about blood sugar glucose monitor.

I was taking a look at the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this idea:

It is categorize as Under Consideration, please take a look at the idea's comment for more details. Stay tuned to that idea for updates!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Kelley4eva
First Steps

It would change my life if you could get the cgm dexcom g5 to work along side fitbit versa. My daughter is type 1 diabetic. Would be soo much easier if g5 could sync with versa like ive heard it does with the apple watch.  I am a android and fitbit user. Do not make me go to Apple.

Please tell me this is in the pipeline x 

scD1
First Steps

I would like to know if the Versa will be able to monitor BG from the Dexcom 6.  That would be great! If no updates on this I'll be getting an Android Wear watch.

jedi831
First Steps

I was able to get the Dexcom continuous glucose monitoring system that also has an app for the phone. It works with Apple Watch and iPhone but said it didn't work with Fitbit.

I allowed Fitbit to send me notifications from the Dexcom app and can get notifications just like a text message on my Fitbit Versa. Awesome! Just Great!  But wait! Not so fast! It only works if my phone is very close to me. Since I work in a warehouse and I am not allowed to have my phone with me or within 20 ft. it doesn't work.  This is really useless to only get notifications if you have a phone nearby! 

I think Fitbit needs to step up and surpass Apple and allow the Fitbit to directly sync with the Dexcom sensor. That way no phone is necessary! This could really help the diabetic community and make a lot of money. Additionally, Working with Omnipod that is a wireless insulin pump would make life so much better. Please consider and really work on these. Fitbit seems to be so slow and not able to keep up with the app options and needs. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jedi831! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

Please add your vote to those existing suggestions. You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Andreatta
First Steps

Recently got the new Dexcom G6 constant glucose meter which allows me to see my blood sugar on my phone anytime by opening the app or simply looking at my notifications. It also works with many smart watches. I bought a versa (which I love!) for this purpose but found the app doesn't work with it. The "high" and "low" alarms do show up on the versa notifications but would also like to see my "current reading" notification. Or a clock face that includes my current blood sugar. Thanks!

GeneMcK
Jogger

Dexcom is an app used to constantly check your blood sugar levels.

It syncs to your iPhone and to the Dexcom meter.

It would so great to just look at your watch to see how your blood sugar is doing.

Thanks

Lerobb
First Steps

When will dexcom cgm integration be available to ionic users? Will it be for dexcom g6? Will it also be available for fitbit versa? Wanting to be able to see my dexcom graph on my wrist as previously announced by Fitbit.

Jenb123
Jogger

Having my dexcom readings on my fitbit versa would change my life significantly!  I bought the versa with the hopes that we would see the dexcom app on it some time this year.  Still hoping!!!

diabetes4life
First Steps

Is there any update on this feature? 2018 is almost gone and about a million people are still waiting to benefit from this in the US alone.

FYI

tide
First Steps

If you create a Fitbit that displays my Dexcom G6 data as number and graph and trend on the Fitbit default screen I will buy one. The Fitbit needs to pull data directly from the Dexcom G6 transmitter so the data is available when my Android phone is not close by. 

RedStar76
Jogger

Since it’s October of 2018 it should have G6 app instead 

Craig
Distance Runner

@LizFitbit    is this ever going to happen. The Ionic was sold with everyone being told this was happening early 2018. 

DrDMac
First Steps

.@LizFitbit I would love to know this too. I bought a Ionic for the dexcom app and it has never happened. I have been a big fan of fitbit, so I bought the ionic over the apple watch... Also what about the O2 sensor? Is this still planned or should I just move over to apple?

aburst42
Jogger

@LizFitbit, same question here... Anything you can share with the community about the promised, and much awaited, compatibility between the Ionic and the Dexcom G5/G6 would garner quite a bit of good will and generate promoter-level vibes for your products. Any concrete facts, regardless of how grim, would be significantly better than the current lack of transparency. We feel left out... Please help us, so we can, in turn, help you!

jacksonw
First Steps

I just bought a versa as a Christmas gift for my 13 yr old daughter thinking that the Dexcom feature she uses in her iPhone was already compatible on this model of smart watch so she would be able to see her blood sugars on the watch.  Sadly it is not, only the ionic but apparently will be on the versa...just wondered when this will happen?

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @jacksonw ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it and check for any updates on Dexcom. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

T1BlueNoser
Recovery Runner

Enable Charge 3 to receive Blood Glucose data from CGM apps at regular intervals for display on Clock Face.  Even though the charge 3 isn't running Fitbit OS, this could be done with a firmware update and CGM app integration.  

Craig
Distance Runner

@AlexandraFitbit   Is this ever going to happen. Really this shouldn't be for consideration. It was supposed to happen during first part of 2018 and if yo mention it seems to be like this is a new thought or we don't want top talk about we put the cart in front of the horse. Just disappointing. 😞 

JuvenileJohnny
First Steps
I just bought a Apple Watch. I’ve given Fitbit a couple of years for this to happen. They’re more concerned about being able to pay for your coffee on a fitness tracker, not adding more healthy apps to get a bigger picture of health.

Sent from my iPhone
scD1
First Steps

I gave up and bought a Misfit Vapor (android) works great with my Dexcom G6 except I do need the phone nearby. I am very disappointed that fitbit did not come thru in 2018 with the stand alone watch to work directly with Dexcom CGM. I also agree that fitbit should not lead us diabetics on with saying it is coming out and then not produce it, we have enough to deal with. Smiley Frustrated

Dr_T1DM
Jogger

This  is definitely needed! Now that the Dexcom G6 is out it will be even better because you can monitor your blood sugars with no **ahem** and if it is on your fitbit it will be helpful watching out for drop and spikes while working out.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. In our existing partnership with Dexcom, we collaborate to develop and market products to help people better manage their diabetes and get a more complete picture of their overall health with easy-to-use mobile tools. However at this time we don’t have plans to release this exact suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.