Display remaining steps for hourly activity on Fitbit app

It would be nice to display in the App's Hourly Activity dashboard the number of steps that you need for the current hour to meet 250 steps.  Also would be nice on the Alta display, not just when there is 10 minutes left in the hour, which only show the number left sometimes. 

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

234 Comments
Fmguy915ep
First Steps

I unchecked the Chatter option on my Alta dashboard hoping it would get rid of the random RTM, "It's step o clock, or let's take a stroll" messages on my actual device. Only to find that it didn't prevent those messages from popping up on my alta. I would love to see ONLY the number of steps needed to hit the 250 mark EVERY time the RTM vibrates my alta. 

family90
Jogger

Yes! Having a screen on the face of the Alta that shows exactly how many steps you've gotten that hour would be so motivational and take the guess work out of whether I missed the alarm to walk. Sometimes I double tap the message when the alarm goes off and I miss how many steps I need even when it shows. I would LOVE to see how many steps hourly I have so I know how many I need. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update to use this feature.

smrat
Jogger

Always giving the number of steps left to do would be a tremendous help. This feature is so great and has been such an inspiration to get me off my butt every hour! Thank you, Fitbit.

Blaine9495
First Steps

Yes. Please.   Would be great on all of the devices.

Sarvamittra
Jogger

FitBit need2heed2our req. for residuary steps hourly as well as remaining 250- steps for hourly goal

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

trood1j
Recovery Runner

Display of steps/hour as per Charge 2 would be very useful.

stargazer76
Recovery Runner

I was coming here to recommend the same thing!  I'll get the reminder to get my steps in, but I don't always know how many I have left.  (or how many I've done in an hour).

It'd be cool to have a widget that shows "steps this hour" - on the mobile app. I see that you can get this info on the browser version, but I usually can't get to the browser version easily.

_Ingrid_
Jogger

Please display the number of steps needed to reach the hourly goal within the mobile app.  Would be very helpful!

Also, please, please allow me to customize the frequency, i.e. instead of 250 steps per hour, 250 steps per half hour or twenty minute increments.

Sarvamittra
Jogger

I eagerly await my friends

Sarvamittra
Jogger

Very Smart innovative idea

stargazer76
Recovery Runner

Update: I just discovered that my Charge 2 already has what I was looking for!

When customizing the display, if you go into Account > Device > Customize Stats - ensure the Hourly activity is on.  If you do that, when you toggle through the display, you will see the little active man icon with the number of steps you've done that hour.  If you want to have to toggle less, then you can drag the Hourly Activity stat higher up the list.

When looking at your fitbit, tapping the initial display will cycle through the various stats you have enabled.

It's AWESOME.

DblGee
Tempo Runner

I would like to see the 250 steps per hour be customizable so that you can set your own goals for the number of steps you want to get in each hour.

Blaze123
First Steps

I want to know how many steps I have taken in the hours that are being tracked. So that when I am nearing the end of an hour I know if I need to put a rush on the entire 250 or only need to take 30 steps to meet my goal. 

DblGee
Tempo Runner

Hi Blaze 123!  Welcome to the Community.

My reminders to move adjust according the the hours I set to do the 250 steps.      If this isn't working for you - you can set this by clicking on the cog wheel in the upper right area of your Dashboard.  Select your device from the drop down list.  Once on the Edit Device Settings page, there is a Reminders to Move Section with a little /pencil icon on the right.  Click the icon.  Set your reminders.  If that doesn't work, you might try resetting your device.  If that doesn't work, contact Customer Support.

Blaze123
First Steps

Today is my first official day using it. There was only 1 of the 9 hours that I did not meet my goal. I do have the notifications on but did not get a buzz to get me to get up and move. I'll see how tomorrow goes. But what I want to know is how many steps have I taken in the current hour.

Ex,,. It's 30 minutes into a hour that has the 250 step goal. Have I walked 10 steps or 200 steps in the past 30 minutes? 

DblGee
Tempo Runner

If it is not giving you the reminders - try resetting your device.  I do understand what you mean.  I work nights so have a map tour of my apartment to get my steps in since I can't go outside to walk.  I have a card that I keep on my kitchen counter which is the beginning/end of my "tour" I put hash marks for each round and at the end, I write down the number of steps on my device.  It gives me a quick reference for where I was at so that I can do the math if I need to. 

If the notification is working correctly - it tells you how many more steps you need to get before your hour is up.  It will say something like "only 96 more steps to go"  on the read out.

Blaze123
First Steps

I need to pop in a movie and see if I can get it to alert me. 

So so when will the notification come one? At the last 10 minutes of the hour or when you have not been moving a lot?

this is why I want to see how many I have done in the current hour so that I know where I am at NOW and not was for an alert or notification. You k own what I mean. I don't want to do math - I'm busy. That's why I bought it trying to save my brain power for my kids and the tasks at hand while staying active. 

Blaze123
First Steps

Yahoo they added it!Yahoo they added it!

Mcoffie
First Steps

To be able to see how many steps have been taken in the current hour. Not having to wait until the notice comes in the last 10 minutes. On the app would be fine if it can't be on the Fitbit (charge 2 in my case). 

Mcoffie
First Steps

I believe I found it by tapping a few times the initial screen that comes up on my Fitbit. Thank you so much for putting that on there! I apologize for jumping the gun & commenting before I was more familiar with my new tracker. 

Dwitty
First Steps

Good idea!

Sarvamittra
Jogger
FitBit is an expression & extension of concern for Nirvana :Eternal Bliss
:ANANDA ie
Being Aware & Being Cinscious
Being Healthy Being Happy
Hourly Step Goal is the stepping Stone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I love the reminder to move feature.  The reminder message sometimes tells me how many steps are needed to reach 250 but often does not.  It would be really useful to know how many are needed rather than having to walk and wait for the buzz.  Can this be included in all messages please?

KaterinaS
First Steps

That's exactly what we need! I don't like to see 'Let's stroll', only how many steps to get to 250, that's all. So, if I could see steps that's I made so far, it would be great!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The Chatter is the messages that pop up when you pick your tracker up after it has been still for at least 10 minutes.

I simply take the 250 and subtract the steps made so far.its fairly easy to get an answer rounded to the nearest 10 or 25.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.