Dutch food database

Please add a dutch food database to Fitbit food

51 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @Sjoerd46 I hope it will get many votes. Woman Happy

Hgamsterdam
Jogger

Same here. Fitbit is extremely popular in Netherlands however food database does not exist. Please consider launching this. 

MargaRoffel
Stepping Up

Yes, please add a dutch database!

Sjoerd46
First Steps

Thanks! Zorg dat er zoveel mogelijk mensen op dit bericht stemmen in dot voor elkaar te krijgen bij Fitbit 

groet

Sjoerd

Sjoerd46
First Steps

Meer mensen moeten stemmen!!!

we need more votes!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi, it would be great if a food product list would be implemented for The Netherlands. Now use the German but it still is different and not accurate for me. Hope so!

Thanks,

Karin

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding a Dutch food database with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

alexenlizzy
Jogger

Please do. There is an official app called eetmeter by the nutrition department in the Netherlands,  maybe their database can also be implemented for fitbit. Now I have to use 2 different apps, which means I do not see my calories in the fitbit app.Such a loss, would really help in health control.

MendyvProoijen
First Steps

Hello,

my fooddatabase is set to german? That’s not the same as dutch.

can you please add the dutch one? Thanks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MendyvProoijen, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion.  As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I love my Fitbit Charge 2 a lot, but living in The Netherlands I'm unable to use the micro nutrient function of the (Android) App. Instead I have to use an other App to keep track of my micro nutrients (which is a lot less accurate than the calorie calculations from the Fitbit All) and copy the calories used into the Fitbit App.

In The Netherlands the "Voedingscentrum" (www.voedingscentrum.nl) has a (almost) complete database of all nutrients available. I'm not sure if there is an API for it to link to other (Fitbit) Apps.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your idea about adding a Dutch food database to the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Don’t forget to post a comment and click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Hgamsterdam
Jogger

it has been a year since these posts started and fitbit does not seem to be taking notice at all.  Are teh sales of fitbit watches so low in Netherlands that no attention is given?

Niels0005
First Steps

Please start working on implementing a Dutch (and maybe combined Belgian) food database for tracking calories. It’s not hard at all and the data is for the taking. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Niels0005! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Miogirl
First Steps

Could you a Dutch list foodproducts  in the app. I can not use my food intake because it is to difficult to put each foodproducts  the app.

And the German and English list are not usable for the Dutch market as we have different product from te countries surounding us.  

Regards Miogirl 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Miogirl ! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I really like to have a Dutch foodbase because now not everything is on the list. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner. Thanks for sharing your idea about having a Dutch food database with us. This feature suggestion has been requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Don’t forget to post a comment and click on the thumbs-up to show your support!

mholtrig
First Steps

Dear Madam, Sir,

I got a new Versa 2, discovered that i could choose about a twenty + food databases. I was very disapointed that fitbit, pomotion itself as forerunner and marketleader in its innovations, didn't incorporate one of the fine existing dutch fooddatabases. Really poor performance..... 

Start up yourself and implement asap please!

Michel

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mholtrig, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding a Dutch food database. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

Miogirl
First Steps
Yes well said

⁣BlueMail voor Android downloaden ​
NickWarner
First Steps

Hi Fitbit, the only responses I see are continually "This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized."........but what is being done?

Can you please answer the following;

1) Are the developers currently working on implementing the Dutch food database?

a) If yes, when are you expecting this to be available for users?

b) If no, when will development start?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add the food database for Dutch users. Now we have to fill in all manually the system. It would be nice to have the saturation measurement indication on-demand as a feature.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Dutch food database on the Fitbit app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.