Dutch setting and Food log (belgium/netherlands)

Any idea when we can expect a dutch setting or (even more important) a food log for belgium/the netherlands?
Thx!

Moderator edit: Labels

94 Comments
First Steps
Is it possible to create a Dutch foodlist. That is something I really miss when I am using the app.
EviVa
First Steps

I would LOVE a Dutch foodlist. I read somewhere they suggested to choose for the German foodlist, but off course that is NO option. I for one speak no single word of German, so now I'm using the US foodlist, but most of the time I have to add foods I eat to the list, since food in Belgium is off course not the same as in America. So I vote DUTCH!

cvan
Recovery Runner

We need dutch food database. What does croquette count in as? Streetfood and home prepared?

Moderator Edit: Title for clarity

Zezinho
First Steps
Hi fitbit,

Why aren't there more food databes?
I dont want to use third party apps to log my food.

Start with the Dutch one please 🙂
Status changed to: New
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing. Woman Happy It would be great to have a more extensive and international food data base, since every country have different kinds of food and we want every one of you guys to be able to track your food, no matter where you are or what you eat. I know every single user that want this would like to have this option to keep track of their food. Woman Very Happy

sher73
Jogger
Please add food database for South Africa too
BartP
First Steps

Hi  Fitbit, please arrange the Dutch food database. Samples can be found at http://www.calorielijst.nl/ or https://mijn.voedingscentrum.nl/nl/caloriechecker/

Idea: Dutch Food database.
MariustHvdB
First Steps

agree, vote +1!

Also, as Duch and Indonesian food are so extremely inter-related, we need an Indonesian Food log. Ill enter this as a separate feature request also.

Cheers,

Marius

Dekkert
First Steps

@AlejandraFitbit Why doesn't Fitbit intergrate with Myfitnesspal or work together? they have an database for the Netherlands and many countries. Now i have to use 2 apps, it would be great if everything was in the Fitbit App.

Anneloes
Jogger
Dutch Food Database +1
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That be wonderful, the idea has been suggested previously here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Food-database-and-country-support-for-Belgium/idi-p...

Happy Fitbitting

janriver
First Steps

Indeed a Dutch Food Database will be very helpfull.

Piepievogel
First Steps

Any updates on a NL food database? I'd be awesome if i would not have to resort to myfitnesspal to log my food intake!

Tost
First Steps

That would be so helpful! Unfortuantely it happens on daily basis, that I cannot log my food, cause it is not in the german or UK databse (e.g. kroket, frikandel, stampot etc).

When I buy my next activity tracker I am looking for a dutch database. As my surge is coming to and end right now I think I have to look for another vendor. A shame, cause I really like the other features. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That be wonderful, the idea has been suggested previously here, feel free to add your vote / comment.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Food-database-and-country-support-for-Belgium/idi-p...

Happy Fitbitting

Laura_
First Steps
Please can you add Dutch food in your food database in app? Since 2014 you have received several requests from customers from the Netherlands. Today (23th of October 2016) I just bought a nice Fitbit Charge 2 and I am a bit suprised that it is still not included. Other American apps like My fitness pall offer Dutch food products. So when is this product completely ready for Dutch users?
NoxiousPluK
First Steps

Yep, a Dutch food database would be great... I'm using the German one now but I pretty much have to add everything by hand.

Using the data from http://www.caloriewijzer.com/ would work well. Aperently the owner of that website is reachable on webscala@hotmail.com .

Yskonyn
First Steps

A dutch/belgian database would be great, as well a a dutch language translation for the website, tracker and app.

Endomorphius
Recovery Runner

YES WE WANT A DUTCH DATABASE INCL BARCODE SCANNER!!!! AND OFCOURSE WE CAN OFFER SOME PHOTO'S FROM PRODUCTS.

(ja wij willen een nederlandse database inclusief streepjescode scanner!!! en natuurlijk kunnen wij ook foto's aanleveren van de producten :P)

Sjoe
Jogger

I can only support this call for a dutch (Belgium/Netherlands) food database. I bet users would even be willing to help setting up such a thing if you opened up a community based database, where we all can add items. Just let us know how or what data you'd need and who knows, we could get it going quickly.

Working with the US or UK database is just too much of a hassle and a PITA in daily food logging.

vosrobin
Premium User
First Steps

The Dutch/Belgian food database topic is nearly 2 years old, still no such database... Will it ever be made? Thanks for an honest reply.

BvZ83
First Steps

Please add a dutch food database. Jawbone has a good system, why does Fitbit not have one? 

EMI64
First Steps

Can you please add a dutch food database

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea! I think that having a Dutch food database would be a great addition to the Fitbit dashboard. I'm sure a lot of users will benefit from this as there are several users that would like to log this kind of food. There is also a great variety of Dutch food, so it will be very useful. Thanks for your suggestion! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.