Dutch setting and Food log (belgium/netherlands)

Any idea when we can expect a dutch setting or (even more important) a food log for belgium/the netherlands?
Thx!

Moderator edit: Labels

94 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi Fitbit,

I don't know if you're aware but on http://www.caloriewijzer.com/ you can find a good and megabig database with foodproducts.

So far I haven't found any incorrect info on it.

If you don't want to surf to the website for everything, there's an option to download it in a .Pdf file for Euro 1,30.

Maybe an idea to implement in your databases?

Just an idea...

Thank you for reading. 🙂

TerryMi
Jogger

great find.....thank you I was wondering already

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi Terry,

Sorry, I didn't see your reply!

Glad you like it!

Yes this database is amazing and as far as I know correct with the info on the packages too.

Enjoy it!

Chinoiseries
Jogger

As I'm situated in The Netherlands, I find it more convenient to rely on other food databases than Fitbit's to count my calories. For now, I do a Quick Calorie Add at the end of the day via the app. I'd really love to be able to do this for other days than today: in case I forgot to quick add calories on the same day, right now it is not possible to add them after the day is past. 

theo78
First Steps

Is there a chance that Fitbit will import a Dutch food database such as caloriewijzer into the Fitbit app?? My wife and I have bougt a Surge, but we have to import lots of food manually. 

CarolineM
Stepping Up

It would be great to get a Dutch food database.

k00st0ch
Jogger

Would be great if could just scan my foods and drinks/Smiley Very Happy

"Don't use the Food diary at the moment, because it takes far too much time trying to adapt the American database to match what I am eating.

Would this be possible in the future?Cat Happy"

Cheers

Auke
Jogger

Dutch food database +1!!

DavidHarpe
First Steps
Hello!

I love your app and scale. Only thing is the american food database. I'm dutch and it's not working. Language is a dificulty and we just eat other food. Now I use the app "food" witch has a dutch food database. But it's not cool to pay a lot for a scale and use 2 app's. Can't you import the dutch data base to fitbit?? It would be great!!!

Kind regards, David
MarquesNL
First Steps
Please add Dutch food database or beter a dutch translation with Dutch food datase .
Fatsecret works perfect ,mayby you can make it also a supported app like Fitness pal with also have Dutch food database.
But the best is to just use on app to keep trace of everyting and id like if that was FitBit App.
MarquesNL
First Steps
In need of Dutch food database.
k00st0ch
Jogger

In away is it strange to sell a product in the netherlands but i cannot use the product for the full 100% no where is stated on the box or in the manual i cant add dutch food ?

Mianch
First Steps

Please add Dutch food database. Then thwe FitBit solution is crossplatform and ready to use.

Thanks

GuidoPoelstra
First Steps

I had the same thing. It's weird, when you launch a product and sell it with features they should work. Now it's lacking certain options. 

What I found out is that MyfitnessPal has a dutch fooddatabase. the apps are even compatible. Isn't it an idea to use the database from myfitnesspal in your own app? 

I would pay some euro's for that feature. To give an expample and make it attractive for myfitnesspal: get a feature within your app/dashboard, that the end user (customer) can buy, to access the database of myfitnesspal within your app. Instead of using two apps.

Kind regards,

Guido Poelstra 

Mieke474
Jogger

yes good idea! dutch food database and dutch language app please!!!

a lot of ducth users for fitbit!!!

Mieke474
Jogger

please yes add a dutch food database!

Mieke474
Jogger

please yes add a dutch food database!

Status changed to: New
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @k00st0ch thanks for sharing your suggestion. I think it would be great to have a food database for Netherlands, a lot of users could be benefited. I hope this could be implemented soon. 

See you around! 

Mieke474
Jogger
Hi
As many people already requested, please integrate a food database for the Netherlands!
Thx!
EelkoL
First Steps

+1 for the Dutch food database, e.g. the one from https://mijn.voedingscentrum.nl/nl/dashboard 

Hailstorm
Keeping Pace
Dutch food db please. And a full translation of the app in Dutch is also welcome...
Faeynia
First Steps

It would be amazing to have a Dutch food database! A lot of food isn't in the UK or German database. So please add one for me and my fellow Dutch fitbit users!

MarcoT
Stepping Up

I would really like a dutch food database, without the barcode scanning the food option is not usable.

they are already availible, so I hope you can implement is shortly.

Thx!

Status changed to: New
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I agree with this. It would be great to have a more extensive and international food data base. Every country have different kinds of food and we want every one of you guys to be able to track your food, no matter where you are or what you eat. Dutch food is great and I would like to see more of that on the food database. I know every single Dutch user or anybody that would like to eat some Dutch food would like to have this option to keep track of it. Let's keep voting for this feature and every international food database feature too!

Ilona46
Recovery Runner

I love American food and I am glad they don't sell it much overhere (Netherlands) because that made me overweightSmiley Wink!!

But if you buy a product in Holland you would expect it came with a dutch food database or a Dutch website (translated),....That last bit doesn't bother me but I think everyone has a right to know before they go and buy this device!Smiley Frustrated

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.